Italian Football - Page 3 of 5

Further Information about Italy and Italian - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 14th May, 2008 - 4:44am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Good Clubs but not World Cup Champions?
10th May, 2006 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Italian Football - Page 3

I just read an article that indicated striker Christian Vieri will not be named to the Italian World Cup squad as he is recovering from knee surgery. I am not hugely disappointed by this, as I feel he had his opportunity last World Cup and didn't do much with it. Lippi has to name his squad by next Monday, and I am anxious to see who will be on it.

Vieri ruled out of Germany

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2006 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

Football Italian

Italy will have a very strong squad but they have had this treasure chest of talent for a very long time. The problem with Italy isn't their playing roster, it's their cynical style of play.

If Italy want to be genuine contenders they have to stop defending so deep and start attacking. World Cup's may be won by defence, but they cannot be won without attack.

10th May, 2006 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Italian Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Don't you think that defensive-minded play will change with Lippi taking over the reins? My belief is that Trappatoni was a big reason the Italians played the way they did in 2002, but Lippi is a more aggressive manager. If they can put out the type of team we know they are capable of with the likes of Del Piero, Totti and Inzaghi, and play aggressively, I honestly think they can book a final with Brazil.

11th Jul, 2006 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Football Italian

Did you guys watch the game last night where some guy heat butted one of the Italians? He deserved the red card for it too. I do believe the Italians won as well.

Message Edited!
Persephone: names of places start with an uppercase letter.

11th Jul, 2006 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Football Italian

That was Zidane and the Discussion is already taking place in the World Cup Thread.

11th Jul, 2006 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Italian Football

The big issue surrounding Italian football now that World Cup is over will be the match fixing scandals in Serie A. Four big teams, Juventus and Milan being two of them, are implicated. The scandal does not seem to involve the players or coaches but management, which is sad, because it affects the players, coaches and most importantly, the fans.
A verdict is expected to come down any day now, and the rumor is that Juventus will be relegated to Serie C while the other 3 are relegated to Serie B. This will also make all players on the current rosters free agents so they can move to other teams if they feel the need to.
This will result in a mass movement of major players to other European leagues and clubs. It will also be a huge blow to Italian league football.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2007 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Italian Football - Page 3

POLICEMAN DIES IN SOCCER RIOT

A police officer was killed Friday as fans rioted at an Italian soccer game between Catania and Palermo, leading to the cancellation of all soccer matches in Italy's top two divisions on the weekend.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/sports/national/20...occer-riot.html

Post Date: 14th May, 2008 - 4:44am / Post ID: #

Italian Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

Further Information about Italy and Italian Sports can be found HERE

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Italian Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,