German Football

German Football - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 15th Mar, 2006 - 11:32am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
One of the toughest teams to beat, but why aren't the Germans winning titles and cups?
8th Nov, 2003 - 1:55am / Post ID: #

German Football

German Football

The German footballers are renowned the world over. From goal keeper to striker they work efficiently. What are your thoughts about their style of play?

Sponsored Links:
17th Jun, 2004 - 3:06am / Post ID: #

Football German

I like the German physical and methodical style of play. They do not have the finesse of say the Italian or South American teams, and they are not as scattered as the English team. The German team put together a great effort against the Dutch team this last week, and Holland was fortunate to pull out a draw. As an Italian fan I always cringe when they have to play Germany because I know there will be a lot of fouls and some sore players afterwards. smile.gif

12th Feb, 2005 - 1:53am / Post ID: #

German Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Tainted referee encouraged player to dive:

https://cbs.sportsline.com/soccer/story/8185578

FRANKFURT, Germany -- The referee at the center of Germany's game-fixing scandal encouraged a player to fake a foul and earn a penalty kick during a game rigged by the official.

It seems to me that more and more these days the state of German football is rapidly declining. You would think that the opposite would be happening with the upcoming World Cup games in 2006. In addition to these awful scandal, the German World Cup team is fighting to survive and be in the World Cup event they are hosting. I hope the games in 2006 can turn things around for them, because they are a great super-power when it comes to European football.

10th Jun, 2005 - 11:03am / Post ID: #

Football German

This current era is pretty shocking when you consider some German teams of the past. Michael Ballack is their only truly world class player, Oli Kahn was in that class. I can't see the hosts winning it at this stage.

I'm not a huge fan of Germanies robotic style of play, I prefer latin flair!

Post Date: 11th Jul, 2005 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

German Football
A Friend

Football German

Defensively, Germany are one of the best. You can see this from their way of playing, strategy, formation and their method in going forward.

There is a franchise of computer football called FIFA which produces soccer football games yearly. They do their best to model teams after team ethos and origin so you get quite a good and realistic simulation of football.

Get this though, during the World Cyber Games, for the FIFA football category, all the top gaming clans including sK of South Korea have picked Germany. This is because Germany is the strongest footballing nation in the game however that might not be as accurate in real life.

I believe what Malexander said about German football to be true, that it is in decline. I also believe that this is attributed to the Union of East and West Germany, once they united, they started declining. This however is different for I believe Slovakia and another nation who split and hence Czechoslovakia who is now 2nd ranked in FIFA world rankings.

Just food for thought. smile.gif

Message Edited!
Persephone: Removed off topic comments. Threads are not considered 'old' here

29th Jul, 2005 - 3:00am / Post ID: #

German Football

I also believe that this is attributed to the Union of East and West Germany

You may have a point there, Dickov. The West German team of the 1990 World Cup was one of the strongest I have ever seen assembled. Names like Mathias, Klinsmann, Brehme, Kohler, Voller and Hassler. I remember watching the West Germans score 10 goals in the first round of play. Mathias scored a goal from mid-field. It was one of the first World Cup tournaments I followed from beginning to end, and one of the most memorable to me. Since then, they unified with the East, and haven't been the same.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Aug, 2005 - 8:33am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

German Football

School offers crash soccer course for women

Reuters - A German adult education center is offering a women-only crash course on the basics of soccer to prepare them for next year's World Cup.
Ref. https://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ermany_women_dc

15th Mar, 2006 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

German Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports

The German international team is basically what it is at face value - a team. The Germans play a good, passing game, with Ballack right at the center of it. But that is, I believe, their weak link: Ballack. He is their conductor, he is their instrumentalist, he is basically the entire German ensemble packed into one player. I know some say that without him Germany is without its core, but I think that it is for the better for the German squad. They rely too much on Ballack, and crumble when he isn't around to play for them.

I didn't watch the Italy game myself, so I really couldn't judge the German performance - I dislike working with secondhand info - but I do believe that it is about time that they actually stick together as a team team, rather than Ballack's team, before it is too late.

That, and the fact that I don't think Klinsmann is right for the job - personal opinion.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: German Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,