German Football - Page 2 of 5

Rummenigge expects Kahn to quit international - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th May, 2006 - 6:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
One of the toughest teams to beat, but why aren't the Germans winning titles and cups?
15th Mar, 2006 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

German Football - Page 2

That, and the fact that I don't think Klinsmann is right for the job - personal opinion

Valleta, I have to agree with you on that point. I believe Klinsmann is a very good motivator, but he is not head coach material. If I recall correctly, he was very wild as a player, and lacked the discipline to control himself. Someone like Mathias or Voeller were a little more stable, and may have been better coaching selections. Klinsmann's main role is to remind the Germans of their great success in the early 90's when he was a player.

Sponsored Links:
22nd Mar, 2006 - 4:30pm / Post ID: #

Football German

At the moment the German coach is under fire because of the drop in FIFA rankings for the German team. Today they will play a friendly match against the USA to hopefully redeem themselves. If anyone gets a chance to see this please report on their performance.

22nd Mar, 2006 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

German Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Well, I didn't get to see the game, only the first 15 minutes, but from the looks of it, Germany put a thumping to the US squad. Final score was 4-1. In the US' defense, they did not start a number of their key players such as Pope, McBride and Donovan. Still, I would have thought they could put up a better showing than they did. This proves that even though Germany is having a down year, they will be hard to beat at home.

22nd Mar, 2006 - 10:00pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Football German

Ah, it is good to know that the host team has been doing more than drinking German beer and the coach can breathe a sigh of relief.

26th Mar, 2006 - 10:33am / Post ID: #

Football German

I'd like to make a couple of quick points here.

Klinsmann is under pressure because of Germany's performances under his stewardship, not because of FIFA rankings. Nobody takes the rankings seriously, they do not mean anything.

Germany has had some shockers in recent years and are not looking good for their home world cup. They are not the Germany of Klinsmann's era and clearly lack the talent we are accustomed to seeing from that country. Germany had the luckiest run of any team at the last World Cup and profitted from other big guns falling by the wayside.

If you take away Ballack, their attack lacks creativity. A home advantage will help them, but at this stage I wouldn't rate them as a top hope. Perhaps semis. Mind you, anyone who writes of the Germans does so at their own peril.

I'm not surprised Germany beat the US, who are obviously overrated in the ranking system. But if you take away Donovan, McBride and Pope that would have a destabilising effect.

Post Date: 10th Apr, 2006 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

German Football

Soccer Bundesliga

Latest scores:

Kaiserslautern - Berlin 0:2 Dortmund - Leverkusen 1:2 Cologne - Wolfsburg 3:0 Bremen - Munich 3:0 Bielefeld - Frankfurt 1:0 Mainz - Hanover 0:0 Stuttgart - Nuremberg 1:0

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th May, 2006 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

German Football - Page 2

Soccer: FC Bayern wins DFB Cup

Berlin. The Munich soccer team 'FC Bayern Muenchen' has won the German Soccer Federation (DFB) Cup, defending the title that it won last year. In a largely unexciting game, a head-ball by Claudio Pizarro was enough to to secure a 1-0 victory over Eintracht Frankfurt. The win gives the Bavarians a chance at a 'double' again this year: taking both the Cup and the Championships. If they manage that, it would be the first time in German history than any team had earned two doubles in a row. Meanwhile, in women's soccer, the defending champions also won the Cup again: Turbine Potsdam beat '1. FCC Frankfurt' 2-0.
Ref. https://www.germnews.de/dn

10th May, 2006 - 6:51pm / Post ID: #

German Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Rummenigge expects Kahn to quit international game

Bayern Munich chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said on Wednesday that goalkeeper Oliver Kahn will quit the German national team after the World Cup.

Rummenigge also said Kahn had been devastated by the decision of Germany coach Juergen Klinsmann to relegate him to second put him on the bench behind Arsenal's Jens Lehmann.

https://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=367553&cc=5901

I think relegating Kahn was a big error on the part of Klinsmann. I know he is trying to shake things up with the German squad but taking one of your best players out of the game, and also out of the team by stripping him of his captaincy is not the way to do that. Kahn has been an integral part of the Germany team for many years now, basically since Mathias left. I don't blame Kahn for his decision at all.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: German Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,