British Football - Page 3 of 5

The race is getting closer for the English - Page 3 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 24th Feb, 2008 - 1:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
British Football UK Football - UK Soccer - English Football
2nd May, 2006 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

British Football - Page 3

Can England rebound from the loss of Rooney?

Yes they can.

I believe way too much is being made out of Wayne Rooney when he hasn't got points on the board at an international level. There is no doubt he is an exceptional talent, but he hasn't got that much international experience, which is a step up from the Premier League.

With 16 goals this year, he is also hardly an out-an-out striker. I actually think he is better suited as an attacking midfielder who goes forward and scores goals. Frank Lampard is similar in this respect and I would argue as valuable to the England team. Rooney can't be replaced, but England can recover without him. I think Stevie G was extremely kind to Rooney when he said it was impossible without him. In my opinion Gerrard is a far better player and would be a bigger hole to fill. England's problem will be if Michael Owen is not fit or out of form, due to a lack of match practice. Without him their attack looks shaky upfront. Bent and Defoe are unproven at this level, Vassell and Smith aren't world class and let's not even begin with Harewood.

But one good thing about England these days is their firepower from midfield. Lampard (16) Gerarrd (10) and Cole (8) have all shown they have a keen eye for goal in the Premier League. I think Darren Bent (18) has also impressed this season and could lead the attack should Owen not be fit.

Reconcile Edited: arvhic on 2nd May, 2006 - 1:43am

Sponsored Links:
10th May, 2006 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

Football British

Walcott says he can handle the pressure

Theo Walcott believes he can handle the pressure of playing at the World Cup after being named in England's 23-man squad at the age of 17.

The Arsenal forward, yet to play a competitive game for the Gunners, was the shock inclusion in Sven-Goran Eriksson's provisional squad.

https://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=367482&cc=5901

I haven't seen this kid play, but he must be pretty talented to first land on the Arsenal squad, and then on the England World Cup team. Have you seen him in action and what are your thoughts on his inclusion on the English team?

10th May, 2006 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

British Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I haven't seen Walcott in action and nor has Sven-Goran Eriksson, which is a very disturbing sign.

I think this is a huge mistake by Sven because his two key strikers are injured. You have to pick players that can cover them in the event they will not play which appears likely. Walcott has played one good season in the English Division 1, was picked up by Arsenal and is now a Reserve squad player. He has never played in the Premier League.

Darren Bent scored about 20 goals in the Premier League (the most by any British player this season) and looked a very sharp striker. He should have been included. Jermaine Defoe also had an alright season but his talent is proven on the international stage. So is Bent's, albeit one or two games. I would have picked these two ahead of Peter Crouch and I"m a Liverpool fan. Andy Johnson, also picked, plays division one as well. And then there are the likes of Robbie Fowler (in great form) and Teddy Sheringham (a world class goal scorer even at his age). There is also James Beattie (good season), Emile Heskey (proven at this level) and this list goes on.

Why pick a player who is unproven, doesn't play at the highest level and is an unknown talent when you have so many other deserving alternatives?

I think Sven has done his fellow Swedes a favour.

1st Jun, 2006 - 12:40am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Football British

England handily beat Hungary in a recent friendly, 3-1. While I don't think this was a real test for them, it was a much needed win nonetheless.

Post Date: 11th Jun, 2006 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Football British

BECKHAM SHINES IN ENGLAND WIN

David Beckham was inspirational in leading England to a 1-0 victory over Paraguay on Saturday at the World Cup in Germany.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/sports/worldcup2006/stor...y-worldcup.html

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2007 - 4:11am / Post ID: #

British Football

English Manager Sacked

The Football Association confirms it has sacked England manager Steve McClaren after his team failed to qualify for Euro 2008.
Ref. BBC

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Dec, 2007 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

British Football - Page 3

England Manager

Italian Fabio Capello is confirmed as England manager by the Football Association.
Ref. BBC

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2008 - 1:02am / Post ID: #

British Football
A Friend

British Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 3

The race is getting closer for the English Premiership.
Does anyone have any predictions as to the outcome?
I'm a Manchester United fan, so I am a bit biased.

Reconcile Edited: Harkon on 24th Feb, 2008 - 1:04am

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: British Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,