British Football - Page 2 of 5

Can England rebound from this loss? The report - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 1st May, 2006 - 4:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
British Football UK Football - UK Soccer - English Football
30th May, 2005 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

British Football - Page 2

In a recent friendly at Soldier Field, Chicago, the English International squad defeated the U.S 2-1. Kieran Richardson, in his International debut for the English scored both goals. Absent from the US team was Eddie Johnson, who has scored a goal in each of his last eight internationals.

Sponsored Links:
4th Jun, 2005 - 9:00am / Post ID: #

Football British

I'm surprised England didn't win by more against the US, but I really think friendlies at the end of the season are ludicrous. These players need a break, they are not robots.

Malaexander I've watched and reported on football for quite sometime. The English game has clearly evolved from a long-ball style to a more European brand, although it is still very physical and fast paced.

Some of the players and teams in England are as good as anywhere in Europe, but the overall standard of the Premier League is weaker than Spain's La Liga or Italy's Serie A.

The problem with the Premier League is that there is such a gulf between the top four clubs, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool compared with the rest of the league.

As for Malcolm Glazer. I think he is deluded if he believes Man Utd can make much more money than what they currently make. Glazer's heart isn't in the game and his kids running the club is laughable. Football isn't like the NFL and the football market won't buy into an American style franchise. At the end of the day there isn't a great deal more money to be made from football and Man Utd can not rise any higher up in the food chain. In fact I think they are on the way down a little.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2006 - 1:43pm / Post ID: #

British Football
A Friend

British Football Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Now this is where I really come in to my game just so you get the date right its 2006. I am an Aston Villa fan I grew up supporting them through highs and lows and EVERY american soccer team we played we beat, even though in the 97 year history of the team we have only played an american team 43 times and the majority were played 20 - 30 years ago. I personally believe English football is the best in the world however our team work is not as good as it should be. In answer to the all brawn and no skill comment, we are used to playing our own and all the skill in the world won't get you past players that know you game style so brawn is the only way through.

27th Feb, 2006 - 12:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Football British

QUOTE (Armstrong @ 7-Feb 06, 8:43 AM)
I am an Aston Villa fan

Wow there are 2 of us wink.gif

Malexander although I respect your views I think that the comments about a Long Ball game in england are un-supported.

I myself watch (currently) on average 5 English Premiership games a week (and armstrong.... I still hold a Villa Season ticket) The long ball game has not been played, with the exception of 1 or 2 teams out of 30+, for a good 5-8 years.

We have with the likes of Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea who have been playing a more short game, similar to the european teams mentioned, for a long time.

Your comments I think were made from the typical knowledge of all English centre forwards are a typical 'Terry Butcher' type.

No disrespect but I think all English Football fans think along the lines of Americans have not got a clue about football. I personally don't, as I have a Pal out there at the moment teaching Football in your Schools, and I know it is growing and growing

But with comments like saying a whole league of english teams play long ball, doesn't do the reputation any good.

Post Date: 27th Feb, 2006 - 12:45pm / Post ID: #

British Football
A Friend

Football British

Nice to know theres another Villain out there. In reply to the most Britons think Americans are not as informed as us I think that football is different all over the world. Football IS the biggest sport in the world and is growing day by day however I think talent is getting to be hard to come by as the potential pro footballers of the future have a very hard time getting sighted. American football is getting better but they still have a long way to go before they get to the standard of the British leagues. I too have a season ticket for Villa.

27th Feb, 2006 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #

British Football

I seem to have struck a nerve with a lot of the English football fans with my comments of their style of play. While I agree that the top premiership teams are starting to shorten their games and play more European-style football, I will say the majority of Premiership teams are still using the long ball techniques. Just the other day I was watching a Liverpool-Wigan game and frankly, I couldn't stand watching it anymore, because the ball was in the air so much. I mean no disrespect of English league football, and concede that it is one of the better leagues in the world in terms of talent and pull. I personally just don't enjoy the style of play as much as watching say Serie A or La Liga. That's all.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2006 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

British Football
A Friend

British Football - Page 2

I agree that game was pretty pathetic but what you have to understand is our long ball game plan isn't there to entertain its there to win games. I admit they could do with upping the pace. The spanish league is good but its not the best.

Message Edited!
Persephone: It is not necessary to quote someone's entire post in order to reply.

1st May, 2006 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

British Football Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

Can England rebound from this loss? The report states he should be back in time for the first World Cup match, but you have to figure he is going to be out of game-shape.

England fearful after Rooney injury

England striker Wayne Rooney faces a race to be fit for the FIFA World Cupâ„¢ finals after breaking a metatarsal bone in his right foot during Manchester United's match at Chelsea on Saturday.

The 20-year-old suffered the injury in a challenge with Chelsea full-back Paulo Ferreira in the 79th minute of his team's 3-0 defeat. The sight of him leaving the pitch on a stretcher raised immediate concerns about his availability for England this summer and confirmation that he had suffered a fracture followed later on Saturday evening.

A statement from United said: "Wayne Rooney has fractured the base of the fourth metatarsal on the right foot and he will be out for six weeks." With England's FIFA World Cup opener against Paraguay on 10 June exactly six weeks away, coach Sven-Goran Eriksson now faces an anxious wait.

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: British Football

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,