Abortion - The World's View - Page 3 of 13

Wow, I wasn't real sure I should post - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 24th Jan, 2005 - 1:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »
Abortion Roe vs. Wade - Global view on Abortion, Abortion Laws, Personal Experiences, etc. Some countries allow abortions and others do not but the heated debate is most apparent in the united States where some are for and against it. What is your view?
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2003 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View
A Friend

Abortion - The World's View - Page 3

Well JB i guess that there is not much left to say on this abortion topic  BUT i have only one question you my good man have writrten something just short of a paper back novel on the view of the world now to my way of thinking the world is made up of a heap of single people is this the truth then if you agree why is there not a single feeling from the heart that beats within the body and soul of  JB you are part of the worlds view  my personal view is that with all the  ways not to get pregenet that are on the market this should not even be a topic

Sponsored Links:
27th Jun, 2003 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

:spock: Max, I really do not know what you are getting at nor why you are directing your scribbles towards me. If you want to discuss the topic then feel free to do so without using me as a 'model' for your school of thought.

19th Nov, 2003 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I think abortion is wrong.  However, I also think it is asking quite a lot to suggest to a rape victim or an incest victim that they should carry the pregancy for 9 months as a reminder of what they already have suffered and then give the child up for adoption.  They are being asked to live with a constant reminder of their rape or incestual act, this seems like a punishment and not a healthy way to allow healing.  

For rape the simple solution is what I believe most hospitals in the US do now as a matter of course.  If you you seek immediate medical treatment after a rape they perform a D&C which will remove any chance of a sperm and egg attaching itself to the uteris and forming a viable pregnancy.  This should be done the day of the rape.  Problem is not all victims seek medical treatment, they should, but some fear judgment.  I have no answer in cases of incest.

Let me share a personal story.  My son and his girlfriend at 19 and 17 respectively told me she was pregnant.  They said they did not believe in abortion or adoption.  I can tell you I don't believe in abortion, but I would have felt some relief if that was the choice they had made.  Not a very flattering thing to admit, but it is true.  Now I have a wonderful 3 ½ year old grandson who is at my house every weekend and sometimes during the week.  I am so glad they did not believe in abortion because although I thought I would prefer this option over these two kids having a child, I can not tell you how much my grandson has enriched my life.  I would not trade him for anything in the world.

I believe ultrasounds to show women that they are carrying a child is a wonderful idea.

Also, I think it is interesting that Planned Parenthood and the National Organization of Women (NOW) maintain that a fetus is just a fetus until it is born, but Lacy Peterson's unborn child could be murdered by her husband murdering her.  Seems to me a fetus is just a fetus until it is born always OR it is a child from the moment of conception always.  How can it be both ways?

16th Dec, 2003 - 11:38am / Post ID: #

Page 3 View Worlds - Abortion

I am so glad they did not believe in abortion because although I thought I would prefer this option over these two kids having a child, I can not tell you how much my grandson has enriched my life.  I would not trade him for anything in the world.

There are a lot of people that think like that when it happens to them, but they do not want to admit it. It is good that you see the benefits of not doing it.

I beleive that there should not be any extremes, abortion should not be allowed save the woman was raped / incest and / or the woman would die form the natural process of birth.

16th Dec, 2003 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

abortion should not be allowed save the woman was raped / incest and / or the woman would die form the natural process of birth.

The other day one of my students made a project for the class about abortion so she brought a lot of material about the methods they use nowdays and all, oh gosh, I was sooo schocked! I just cannot even think about abortion, even in the extreme of the cases, but again one thing is to say it and other it is to be on the shoes of that person.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 1:49am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Older Women Have Increasing Abortion Rates Compared With Teenagers

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- New research shows that the abortion rates for older women are on the rise as pro-life groups and pregnancy centers focus on providing pregnancy help and assistance to teenagers and college students. The Beverly LaHaye Institute, a think tank sponsored by Concerned Women for America, shows that women over the age of 25 are having a larger share of abortions. The data show that such women are also having repeat abortions at a much higher rate - some having four or more abortions. Abortions on women who have already had at least one child are also more common. Dr. Janice Crouse, author of the report, said "The demographics of abortion have changed dramatically over recent years." "These data reveal that abortion is becoming a means of birth control for older women," Crouse explains. "Nearly half of all abortions today are repeat abortions, and 60 percent of all abortions are to women who have previously had a live birth."
Ref. LifeNews.com

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 6:55am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abortion - World's View - Page 3

I have debated for a while here on whether or not I wanted to post a reply, since I am adopted and have very strong feelings on this issue. I could go on for a long time sharing my feelings and explaining why I am against abortion, and the reasons are many. Instead, I will just say this. I am here on this earth because my birthmother of 17 years old:
who was devastated because her mother just died of a brain tumor,
who felt deserted after her father had remarried very quickly and kicked her out of her room for the step-mother's daughter to live in,
who asked and had no support from her family,
who had no money,
no friends,
no birthfather around to even help out (that's another long story),
and was scared to death about her situation,
chose to give me life rather than end it. She had, in my mind, every reason to have an abortion, and did consider it. I thank her and am indebted to her courageous and selfless act of giving birth to me. If all of us were in similar situations, would you want your birthmother having an abortion? Unless you are mentally ill, suicidal, or for any other unfathomable reason to me, you would want to live. We all want to live. There's a John Denver song that goes like this:

There are children raised in sorrow
on a scorched and barren plain
there are children raised beneath the golden sun
There are children of the water,
children of the sand
and they cry out through the universe
their voices raised as one

I want to live, I want to grow
I want to see, I want to know
I want to share what I can give
I want to be, I want to live

Have you gazed out on the ocean
seen the breaching of a whale?
Have you watched the dolphins frolic in the foam?
Have you heard the song the humpback hears
five hundred miles away
Telling tales of ancient history
of passages and home

For the worker and warrior, the lover and the liar
For the native and the wanderer in kind
For the maker and the user and the mother and her son
I am looking for my family, and all of you are mine

We are standing all together
face to face and arm in arm
We are standing on the threshold of a dream
No more hunger, no more killing
no more wasting life away
It is simply an idea
and I know its time has come

Repeat

Also, just like was mentioned in Jurassic Park, "... life will not be contained. Life breaks free. It expands to new territories. It crashes through barriers. Painfully, maybe even.. dangerously, but and...well, there it is." I have always liked this quote since I heard it. To me, I equate it with saying that an unborn child wants to live, to break free and be born, not to be held back. It does not want to die or be extinguished. I know that there are so many debates about the mother's life and the effects of having or not having an unplanned baby, I am only saying that I am glad that I am alive today.

Reconcile Edited: dawnofthenew on 24th Jan, 2005 - 8:13am

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2005 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abortion - World's View Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

Wow, I wasn't real sure I should post here. I have strong opinions but as a man, often times they are unwelcome. But I see JB taking a stand in here, so, I'm game!

I look at abortion from a completely logical stand point. At three weeks a child has a heart beat and brain waves. The average woman finds out that they are pregnant at 4 weeks. The average abortion happens at the end of the first trimester, beginning of second. I have read this, but don't have a resource, sorry, it really doesn't prove or disprove my point.

To stop a beating heart is murder. To stop the active brain transmissions of a being forcefully is murder. A beating heart and brain waves doesn't make a fetus, a not living thing, it makes a baby. A living human being.

I cannot, as a man, tell a rape or incest victim to no have an abortion. The abortion is still wrong, but the choice still has to be theirs.

I can tell a woman not to have an abortion out of convenience. You have already made your choice, so has your partner. There is one sure fire way to make sure you don't get pregnant, DON'T HAVE SEX!!!!

This old fashion view may seem ridiculous to some, but it is really that simple. I believe in choice, and an unborn child never chooses to die. There are plenty of loving people who cant have children of their own that are willing to adopt, or the woman and the man could man up and raise the child they created. Either way saves a life, like dawn, that would have been tragically wasted!

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Abortion - The World's View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,