Abortion - The World's View - Page 2 of 13

I agree with you msslmshdy, that is the advice - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 6th Jun, 2003 - 8:57pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »
Abortion Roe vs. Wade - Global view on Abortion, Abortion Laws, Personal Experiences, etc. Some countries allow abortions and others do not but the heated debate is most apparent in the united States where some are for and against it. What is your view?
Post Date: 11th May, 2003 - 3:16pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View
A Friend

Abortion - The World's View - Page 2

I think abortion a terrible crime!
Ok there's a difference between aborting a sperm and egg, and aborting a proper body and soul, for example if the mother finds out she is pregnant as soon as the sperm and egg fertilize then she should go abort it immediately if she doesn't want the baby, but if she leaves waits till the fertilized egg turns into a proper baby then I think it is an EVIL CRIME TO KILL AN INOCENT LIFE.
Well why did she go and get pregnant in the first place? If she’s too young to have a baby then she’s too young to have sex...
Why did she not use protection?
Its horrible how they don't act responsible in the first place then don't want to face the consequences of their actions.

But it's a different story if the girl was raped and didn't go out there and get her self pregnant, because if she wasn’t responsible for getting raped then the shouldn’t have to face the consequences....
But some women even the ones who have been raped choose to not have an abortion. Why? Because they know it wasn't the innocent child’s fault. Why should an innocent unborn child have to suffer for something it didn't do?
But then some other women who were raped don’t want the baby because they don't want anything that reminds them of the terrible event. But even so then if the mother is healthy and capable of having a healthy labour then she should and if she doesn’t want to keep the child then she can give it up for adoption.
Some couples out there would do anything to have a baby!!!!
There are ways to avoid getting pregnant for women who don't want babies!!!! Its not like we just get pregnant without doing anything!!!!

Abortion should only be considered as a last resort like if the mom is very unhealthy and pregnancy will be a death threat to her, or if there is a health risk on the child but other then that it shouldn’t be allowed.

Sponsored Links:
11th May, 2003 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

Ok there's a difference between aborting a sperm and egg, and aborting a proper body and soul, for example if the mother finds out she is pregnant as soon as the sperm and egg fertilize then she should go abort it immediately if she doesn't want the baby, but if she leaves waits till the fertilized egg turns into a proper baby then I think it is an EVIL CRIME TO KILL AN INOCENT LIFE.

I think you are walking on a thin line since one cannot determine when 'life' really begins. I think anything done to abort after the natural order of procreation has begun is wrong (save examples given in previous posts). Things like 'The Day After' pill is an evil and an excuse to be careless.

11th May, 2003 - 5:41pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - The World's View Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I agree with JB. Scientist cannot determine yet when 'life' really starts...people have their own concept about it but I think regardless of the circumnstances abortion is wrong and evil. I can understand certain situations where maybe there is not other alternative...BUT...it doesn't make the abortion itself right.

20th May, 2003 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

Page 2 View Worlds - Abortion

In this article certain countries are highlighted as proponents of abortion:

Used by Permission:

international QUOTE
Abortion Axis of Evil: North Korea, China, and UNFPA Support By Steven W. Mosher

[Pro-Life Infonet Note:  Steven Mosher is the President of the Population Research Institute.]

During recent visits to P'yongyang, the capitol of North Korea, Population Research Institute associates inquired into the inhumane population policies of North Korean dictator Kim Jong-il. They found that North Korea considers pregnancy to be a crime under some circumstances, and routinely aborts women prisoners. Pregnant women are seen as unsightly, and women who become pregnant are banished from the capital city. Triplets are regarded as inauspicious, and are separated at birth from their parents and sent to a special orphanage which specializes in neglect.

Kim Jong-il rules by terror. According to the U.S. Department of State, "Citizens do not have the right peacefully to change their government. There continued to be reports of extrajudicial killings and disappearances. Citizens are detained arbitrarily, and many are held as political prisoners; prison conditions are harsh."

"There are no restrictions on the ability of the Government to detain and imprison persons at will."

Millions of prisoners languish in concentration camps. Kim Jong-il's population program extends into these camps, where women are brutally and forcibly aborted and newborns are routinely murdered.

The following atrocities in detention camps in North Korea were conveyed from eye-witness testimonies:

"While I was there, it was commonly known that pregnant women were taken to a hospital outside the camp for forced abortion and that babies born alive were killed. One day when we came back from our work outside the camp, prisoners told us that a police doctor had inspected the female prisoners in the morning and had found out that two of them were pregnant. Both were ordered to run around the camp yard with a heavily loaded stretcher. The first women had [a] miscarriage and collapsed. Then, two prisoners were ordered to kick the swollen belly of Kim Son-hi. She miscarried about one or two hours later."

"There was a 19-year-old pregnant woman prisoner in the camp [who] gave birth to a baby with the help of an elderly woman prisoner. The guard immediately ordered us to kill the just-born infant. The eldest woman had to cover the infant with a blanket as instructed and to kill him."

"A woman was screaming as she went into labor. They threatened to take her out for running if she did not stop screaming. When the baby was delivered after suffering a terrible ordeal, it was left on the floor to die. The mother wept to get the baby in her arms. Her eyes were swollen with grief but the guards hurled all sorts of invectives at her.

"A woman lost her mind in this dire process. It was just too much to witness so many baby killings. During the month that I spent in detention here, two adults, one four-year-old child and seven newborn babies were killed."

The chief international supporter of North Korea's population control program is the United Nations Population Fund, which since 1985 has provided tens of millions of dollars in demographic and technical support. UNFPA runs its North Korea country program from its office in Beijing. 3

Although North Korea has signed onto the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women, and other U.N. Programs, the UNFPA has refused to condemn the government of North Korea. Instead, as UNFPA admits, it has "Engaged in close consultation with the Government" of Kim Jong-il.

Since UNFPA has no office in North Korea, and is far away from the atrocities it supports, it will likely claim it does not know about them. But ignorance is no defense. The UNFPA is supporting and axis of evil in Asia, as regimes from North Korea and China in the north, to Vietnam in the south, depend on its largesse to operate inhumane population control programs.

Despite UNFPA's checkered record, some in Congress continue efforts to refund this renegade group. Pro-abortion lawmakers want to gut the Kemp-Kasten amendment. Only if UNFPA bureaucrats were caught actually performing forced abortions would they lose U.S. Funds.

But no one believes that these bureaucrats dirty their own hands. Rather, they give money, encouragement and an international stamp of approval to regimes that do.

22nd May, 2003 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

View Worlds - Abortion

India, what are you doing?

In India abortion can be as regular as doing regular daily chores.

Used by permission:

international QUOTE
Subject: Infanticide and Sex-Selection Abortions Continue in India Source:

Zenit; May 20, 2003 Infanticide and Sex-Selection Abortions Continue in India Bombay, India -- Missionary and local government sources, especially in rural areas, report that the infanticide of girls continues to be practiced in India. In India, 43 out of every 1,818 newborn girls are killed at birth every year, according to data provided by MISNA agency and other missionary and local government sources. The custom of the dowry is among the principal reasons for this action. A laborer who daily earns the equivalent of approximately $.58 must give the sum of at least $1,140 for his daughter's marriage. According to the sources quoted above, newborn girls are buried alive or killed by other methods, such as asphyxiation. "Infanticide is more prevalent in rural areas and access to abortion leads to selective abortions," Bombay missionary, Father Carlo Torriani, explained over Vatican Radio. The phenomenon has its origin in the fact that "In India a male child is much appreciated because, according to the Hindu religion, it is the first-born son who must carry out the funeral rites, and because the marriage of daughters calls for a dowry, something which is often a great burden for the family," the missionary added. This is why the abortion of a female unborn child is also very frequent, "Facilitated recently with the identification of the fetus in the pre-natal period," he said. In order to put a stop to this situation, the government has called on manufacturers and sellers of ultrasonographic equipment to provide information on the purchasers and places where it is used. However, to date there is no data on the results of this measure. "Moreover, in the Delhi area it has been detected that the percentage between males and females continues to diminish," Father Torriani said. In addition, education is being provided, such as in schools and on television, which shows that "Girls are useful, that women are necessary for society, in order to form people in respect for the birth of girls." Catholics in India, who constitute 2% of the population, also contribute to the formation of public opinion in this area. The only state of India in which there is virtual equivalence between men and women is, in fact, Kerala, "Where there is a very high presence of the Catholic and Christian minority," Father Torriani explained.
-- We help more than 25,000 people each week find pregnancy help and information. Every month, women choose life because of Pregnancy Centers Online. Please consider a link to us on your web site at Source 4

24th May, 2003 - 6:47pm / Post ID: #

Here is an interesting case for review... Do you think the Judge made the right move?

USED by PERMISSION:

international QUOTE
Judge Forces Abortion, Tubal on Mentally-Disabled Rape Victim

Miami, FL -- A judge Friday ordered an abortion for a 28-year-old mentally-disabled rape victim in Miami.

Circuit Judge Arthur Rothenberg gave permission to doctors at Jackson Memorial Hospital to abort the nearly 6-month-old unborn child. The judge also authorized doctors to perform a tubal ligation so the woman can't become pregnant again.

In a similar case in Orlando, a severely retarded woman who became pregnant from a rape is at the center of an abortion controversy after Gov. Jeb Bush said he wants a guardian to be named for her baby.

The 22-year-old Orlando woman is about six months pregnant. She is autistic, suffers from seizure disorder and has the mental capacity of a 1-year-old.

The woman, identified in court records only as J.D.S., has been in group homes since she was 3, cannot speak for herself, has no family and does not have a legal guardian. Her lack of a guardian is a key area that separates her case from the one in Miami, where the victim's mother has been speaking on her behalf.

Police think the Miami woman, who has the cognitive skills of a 4-year-old, likely was raped more than once.

A few medical officials have claimed the woman's life may be in danger if she carries the child to full term. The baby also is in serious risk of mental or physical disabilities because of the woman's medications, they said.

Yet other doctors disagreed. Doctors who specialize in high-risk pregnancies at Jackson told the judge that the baby appeared to be developing normally and there was no medical reason to force an abortion on the mother. The hospital declined to comment Friday.

The room went silent as the woman's mother -- at Rothenberg's request -- used sign language, gestures and words to ask her daughter what she wanted. Her mother kissed her face. She asked over and over, unable to prompt a clear answer.

Finally, in barely discernible words the woman spoke: ``My baby no more.''

''I understand,'' Rothenberg said. ''I'm confident I understand. I have no moral uncertainty.''

The woman's lawyer claimed she appeared to be pleased with the ruling. "She can't verbalize much of anything, but you can see by her actions that she is happy," attorney Lewis H. Fogle Jr. Said. He did not know when the abortion would be performed.

The Miami woman's mother says she had been told by doctors early on that pregnancy could be life-threatening to her daughter, who became disabled from bacterial meningitis when she was 3 weeks old. "I'm glad she won't have to suffer anymore," said the woman's mother, who had asked the judge to allow the abortion.

"What mother doesn't want the opportunity to be a grandmother? I've been robbed of that. But I feel like I was also robbed of motherhood by what happened to her, through no fault of her own, or mine," the mother told The Miami Herald.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2003 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abortion - World's View - Page 2

I can understand about abortion after a rape or if the mother's health is in grave danger.  I just do not understand why many women consider abortion as a form of birth control.  There are so many other forms of birth control out there (overall, the best form of birth control is abstinence).  I strongly believe that abortion is totally wrong.  I believe that life starts at the moment sperm fertilizes the egg.  To abort a fetus, that didn't ask to be conceived through carelessness, is just plain wrong.  There are so many couples in the world that are unable to have children of their own.  Why couldn't some of these women (not referring to rape victims or women who develop health issues due to the pregnancy) consider adoption?  

6th Jun, 2003 - 8:57pm / Post ID: #

Abortion - World's View Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

I agree with you msslmshdy, that is the advice I would give anyone in the same situation. I hope to never have to though, and in fact I would never hope to counsel them on any kind of abortion, even in health or rape less it turn back to haunt me.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Abortion - The World's View

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,