Floating Bottom Bar - Page 2 of 5

I use it some but not a lot. I do like having - Page 2 - Community News, FAQ, Feedback - Posted: 29th Apr, 2010 - 8:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
Discuss  Floating Bottom Bar
30th Jan, 2010 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar - Page 2

LDS_forever says she does not use it either. I guess the idea behind this was mostly for New Members who are always saying they cannot find stuff, for those making transitions from other sites were they are accustomed to a bottom bar with easy to click info and lastly a way to broadcast relevant information immediately - for instance "Valentine's Talk". What I may have to do is come up with a smaller version that can act like a turn off / on segment of the site, but the problem is the coding involved and the effect it has on various browsers. Just getting this to be cross browser compatible was murder in itself.

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2010 - 4:19pm / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

I like the "Hot Topics" or "Latest Replies" on the bar. That is the only part of it that I use, although I think the "Major News" button might be useful.

30th Jan, 2010 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar Feedback & FAQ News Community

You know what will be kind of cool, being able to customize it with a little picture you want like a photo of your family or pet or something like that. I like the new bookmark button since I can find some of my more active threads faster.

1st Feb, 2010 - 3:39am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Bar Bottom Floating

That might be something nice as the Member can keep a picture of a loved one close to them while browsing, but the main problem with that is the size and uploading it with the right specifications. The only way I can pull it off is by having it as a Forum Bank feature where I do it for you.

6th Feb, 2010 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Bar Bottom Floating

Small Updates

Some people tried to click links on pages while their mouse pointer was within the space of the Bottom Bar but could not do so. The reason for this is the Bottom Bar has transparent areas that shows the page content but it does not mean it is clickable. I'm 'helping' that by putting lines that cover some of the pages where the Bottom Bar is, therefore Users should see this and try to scroll so the link is above the lines in order to click.

6th Feb, 2010 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar

I've actually used the bottom bars, floating and not, on occasion, recently, and admit they are handy, but just not terribly intuitive or memorable, as I, like a lot of people, have developed "banner and peripheral blindess", where you intentionally but unconsciously avoid paying attention to things that strike you as slightly out-of-place or not obviously part of the page's theme, because those kinds of things are traditionally ad banners.

Rather off topic, but...

JB, sorry to do it like this, but since I posted not too long ago here, I can at least use Edit to add this so you see it.

I've once again been locked out from posting for 18-24 hours or whatever, with the posting control thing, not the 22 posts in 24 hours thing. What IS this thing? I only had one window open and was only posting in it, so I don't know what I keep doing wrong to keep running up against this wall?

Reconcile Edited: JPatt on 6th Feb, 2010 - 1:49am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Feb, 2010 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar - Page 2

I agree with you about the 'blindness', hence now and again we try to change things around to get people to visit other parts of our Community or sister sites. The Bottom Bar is actually new and may help someone out there, but it also does many other things that are good for the site.

Post Date: 29th Apr, 2010 - 8:56pm / Post ID: #

Floating Bottom Bar
A Friend

Floating Bottom Bar Community News FAQ & Feedback - Page 2

I use it some but not a lot. I do like having it there as a quick reference if I want it. I may start to use it more as I get more into the community. biggrin.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Floating Bottom Bar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,