Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 91 of 112

Thank you for all the help, I appreciate it - Page 91 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 30th Jul, 2017 - 10:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 112 pgs.  87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  ...Latest (112) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons - Only Mature Minded Players who intend on being regular participants should Post here.
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
30th Jul, 2017 - 4:54am / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Wizard Specialized Nec...
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post - Page 91

The Cursed One says...

I will take cursed glance.
I would have chosen toad as a familiar to buff my weak health a bit, but since I will be in the rear, I just have to be extra careful and I should be fine. Mage armor will help with my protection also.

Reconcile Edited: Overseer on 30th Jul, 2017 - 4:55am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 4:59am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post
A Friend

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Bear in mind, that ability only lasts until the start of your next turn. So you're counting on your companions to actually take advantage of the debuff.

What schools are you banning? By the by, Color Spray is an Illusion spell, if you ban that school, you'll need to pick another to replace it.

30th Jul, 2017 - 5:38am / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Cursed One says...

I will switch Color spray for Burning hands so I Don't get overwhelmed when I am facing multiple enemies.
I will take the companion instead, because the time frame of the cursed glance is very bad, I would have to guess the enemies moves and there is too much chance with that choice, so I will have a toad companion.
I will be banning the two you schools you suggested, illusion and Enhancement.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 11:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 91 Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, so notes for your character sheet:
- Alignment, rather than "Dark side", pick one of these. Source 7u

- For Combat Info, instead of what you have now, put in: HP 9, AC/FF/Touch-13/10/13, BAB 0, melee -3, ranged +3, Fort+2, Ref+3, Will +4, speed 30'

(For reference, your AC of 13 is your default defense against physical attacks, FF or flat footed is your AC if you're surprised or have difficulty moving, touch is your AC vs touch attacks like certain ray spells. Different AC modifiers will only apply to some of these AC totals. For instance when you cast Mage Armor, your AC will go from 13/10/13 to 17/14/13, as it helps with regular and flatfooted AC, but not touch)

- For Magic, Don't forget that you have all wizardly 0th level spells available (Also known as cantrips) You may also wish to list which of your known spells are prepared by default. You have three slots to work with, one of which can only be used for a necromany spell. So you could prepare three castings of ray of enfeeblement, one of each of the spells available, 1 ray of enfeeblement and two Burning Hands, or any similar variation.

-For character description, go ahead and describe a little of what people see when they look at your character. His appearance and mannerisms. Also, I thought you were backing off a little on the evil for evil's sake bit?

-For your character's name. Overseer sounds more like a title than a name. Is that what you want others to call you in game?

-You may wish to list stats for your toad familiar in the companion section.

-You may wish to list notes in the stats box on how important things like your feat works. List the skills you have invested in here as well. Note, your modifier for any given skill is equal to the ranks you have put in it, plus the associated ability mod, plus any miscellaneous bonuses from buffs and gear. So for instance you would currently add +6 to concentration rolls.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 30th Jul, 2017 - 1:06pm

30th Jul, 2017 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Post Play Characters Create Dragons and Dungeons

The Cursed One says...

I will relieve myself of being evil depending on how I am treated by the group and their actions
I will still be evil whilst meeting them, but they can decide individually, or as a group, whether I am worth saving or not.
Thank you for the guidelines and taking time out of your day to help me smile.gif

OverSeer, for me, Is a name of a ruler. I have had the name for a while, maybe long enough to think of it as any other regular name. For me, It symbolizes either having a watchful eye over the weak and misguided.

Or

It symbolizes the Iron fist of the ruler of kingdoms which he Oversees and leaves only death where he may tread.

Reconcile Edited: Overseer on 30th Jul, 2017 - 5:51pm

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The name you have is fine with me. Alignment change can be accomplished but usually slowly. By all you are saying I would put you at a neutral evil currently. Finish your character sheet and I will take a look and fit you in the game some where.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2017 - 7:05pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post - Page 91

Right then, basic tutorial, lesson 1

Combat is organized into six second rounds, with each participant taking turns. The turn order is decided by initiative roll. In your case, when the call for initiative goes out, roll 1d20+Dexmod

Each turn, the following are available.
Standard action - the default. Attacking, casting most spells, trying to unlock a door, nearly everything you can do of substance takes up a standard action
Swift action - a few things that take little effort, like shifting stance, use a swift action.
Free action - actions that take no notable effort or time fall in this category, dropping a weapon, opening a door that swings freely etc. This is the only kind of action that can be done multiple times per turn, up to a reasonable limit
Immediate action - actions that occur during someone else's turn go here. For instance, the featherfall has an immediate action casting time. This means that if someone throws you off a cliff, you don't have to wait until your turn to slow your fall.
Move Action - move up to your base speed (30 feet in your case), also used to draw weapons, pull objects out of storage, etc. Note: You can give up a Standard action to perform a second Move action.
Full Action - particularly lengthy actions take an FA. A full attack sequence from someone with multiple attacks takes an FA, as does certain spells. A full action uses up all of the above at once, you cannot move far or do anything else.

There is also the 5' step, it literally just lets you move 5 feet. It can only be taken if you haven't used your move action. It does not provoke AOOs, and it can be taken in conjunction with a Full Action.

AOO is shorthand for attack of opportunity, where one guy gets a free melee attack on someone else because of something they did. The most common things that provoke AOOs are moving around, using a spell, using a ranged weapon, or pulling an item out of a backpack or belt. Tthese actions do not provoke AOOs while outside of the melee reach of en enemy combatant. Also, you CAN safely cast a spell within melee range, if you pass a Concentration skill check.

30th Jul, 2017 - 10:46pm / Post ID: #
OverSeer TheWorthyOne
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Editing Editing

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters Play Post D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 91

The Cursed One says...

Thank you for all the help, I appreciate it smile.gif

Am I finished? If not, what else do I have to do?

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Create Characters For Play By Post

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.