Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 525 of 590

Out of Character: The group is stronger and - Page 525 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Mar, 2017 - 10:55pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 590 pgs.  521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
20th Mar, 2017 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 525

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I just had Albrecht buy all the wands himself.

I wasn't trying to metagame, but I think our characters would have some way of acknowledging that they are not ready yet to deal with giants. As far as details about the fort and whatnot, I think our characters would share that over a couple of beers, around the fire, or while traveling and so Bastion should know.

If we give the Fly potion to a strong character (Bastion seems likely), they could carry a few more characters with them, right?

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2017 - 5:13pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Oh okay, I have 150 gold to spare as wiggle room for my haggling.

Carrying a heavy load reduces your speed, but I would imagine no more than that. Gaseous form would work for us Druids, as we could cast spells. Perhaps even Produce Flame and hit the enemy while they can't get us.

20th Mar, 2017 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Born Free says...

Out of Character: So what are we doing? Avenging Avan at the fort, the giants or looking elsewhere?

20th Mar, 2017 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 525 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I think the fort is the choice of the moment. I am not sure if anyone has anything left to do in town. It sounds like Avan is wanting to haggle the price of something in the main thread.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Yes, it sounds like it's the fort and we have the beginnings of a plan. Ildrahil is up for it. Who flies in and who climbs? I assume we'd be refining plans as we travel.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

"So, is there anything else you can recall of this fort's defenses? I think some time spent scouting the region would be prudent. We might be able to draw out and deal with some of its defenders as well before moving in."

Out of Character: Yeah, I think at least checking out the current status of the fort would be good. If we can't find a likely means to gain entry, than I suggest we leave it be. It is not going anywhere.

Gaseous form would help us get people in, but it would not present the druids with a combat advantage unless they have a bunch of metamagic feats, "It can’t attack or cast spells with verbal, somatic, material, or focus components while in gaseous form." (It really is too bad I lost Lukas, he'd be able to manifest regardless of those restrictions)

A heavy load for Bastion would be up to 260 pounds, which should be enough for two of the lighter party members. Given a potion of fly, he'd be flying at 40' with said load, still fairly fast.

EDIT: I presume those DV potions Avan was asking after are for the sake of a night assault. How many do you think we need?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Mar, 2017 - 6:48pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Mar, 2017 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 525

Born Free says...

Out of Character: So you want to go to the fort. The fort has a drawbridge and they have a device to shoot large missiles at us. The fort itself cannot be reached because its built on a cliff. They are made up of half orcs and elves if that makes sense. After we left we thought about using levitation to get up to it but we were too wounded to bother.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2017 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 525

Out of Character: The group is stronger and has some useful tools it didn't have before. I think we might have a shot, and there apparently isn't anything else in the immediate area other than the giants.

If that is not something you as as a player and/or a character want to do, we can always just move on. Probably to this city to the east.

All this depends on the details, but at present I'm thinking we go in at night. Have Bastion take that fly potion, and he airlifts Krusten and Ildrahil into wherever the drawbridge mechanism is. Cut the cables, and use the wand of fireballs to nuke the defenders as they gather up to deal with the threat. The two druids come riding in over the newly opened bridge with every animal they can muster and help the rest mop up.

Even creatures with Darkvision aren't going to be able to hit things with that ballista at night, not until they are too close to easily target, and we'll probably have a chance to disable the thing as the air team moves in.

Big problem with the idea is the first team would lack a good extraction method if things go sideways. We could pick up another fly potion for that purpose, but even if such is available, it would cost us 750 gp, and we're already looking at needing a bunch of DV potions for 350 a pop.

Thoughts?

In any case, shall we go ahead and post to the leader board about going to scout the place out? A careful look-see shouldn't hurt anything.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.