Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 554 of 590

Out of Character: Oh, I'd never noticed - Page 554 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 17th Jun, 2017 - 10:23pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 590 pgs.  550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
12th Jun, 2017 - 1:50am / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 554

Born Free says...

Out of Character: What we just experienced is probably a taste of what is coming. The tough is yet to come but I have a few tricks up my sleeve *wink*.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2017 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: We should set up our own little realm here. I'm new so I can be the Minister of the Exchequer or something similar. Nothing like putting a rogue in charge of the nation's treasures.

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 3:29am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: we might need a few more men to staff the fort. That and to be honest, this place is a little remote. We'd be spending a lot of time going to and from the place. Maybe a few adventures from now, after we've stolen some baddy's airship.

In any case, really nice haul. Almost 100,000 gp in just straight coinage. Don't even know yet how much the gems and jewelry will bring.

As to item distribution:
-we promised wands and staves to Deanna in exchange for her assistance, so those are probably assumed off the table
-I don't think anyone can use the half plate. Market value is 5200
-Bastion can likely claim the most need for both shield and belt. I don't think anyone else uses heavy shields, and I know none else relies on strength as much as he.
-The Bracers of Armor would likely be an upgrade for whichever of the two druids is more poorly armored
-Rings of sustenance are interesting things, aside from eliminating the need for food and drink, they reduce sleep requirements down to 2 hours (By damn I want one in real life) These two should probably go to those we want on watch the most, Krusten and Ildrahil?
-The two rings of featherfall, I'm not sure. They'll be good to have around, I just don't know who would be the most likely to need it. Might want to treat these as floating resources. Hand one off to the guy about to scale a wall for instance.
-Ring of regeneration is very nice, again however, the person who needs it most is going to change based on the situation. Can also be sold for a heck of a lot of money (Market value 90,000)
-Ring of Vampiric Regeneration doesn't appear to be 3.5e. If Kn is grandfathering in the 2e ring. It heals the wearer half of all melee damage dealt. Bastion would be the obvious match, so he can stop messing with the Crusader's Strike stuff and just go hit things. However, he's already on the list for two other things, one of them fairly major, so Ildrahil maybe?
-Literally everyone wants the Ring of Protection, to the point I suspect we'll all have one sooner or later. It should probably go to whomever ends up with the least otherwise.

Thoughts?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Jun, 2017 - 10:25pm

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 554 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Agreed with everything, especially the floating resources part. I thought the same thing as soon as I saw those items. And yes, Ildrahil would give up much for one of those rings of protection. He'd be a bit of a fortress with one.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 16th Jun, 2017 - 4:08am

Post Date: 16th Jun, 2017 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: Glad to know I'm not the only one at least. Anyone else want to chime in? Could use some movement in the Leader thread as well, I'd like to wrap this affair up.

Edit, poked at it a bit more, based on what Kn told me, we'll have roughly 455,589 gp to distribute after the major things are sold off

Were we to divide items up by market value, and add cash to make up differences:

Party resources 2 rings of featherfall, ring of regen (Value 94.4k, add extra 18.8k to Deanna's credit)

Avan Ring of sustenance (Value 1.2k), 108.8 gp
Albrecht Bracers of armor +6 (Value 36k), 74k gp
Bastion +2 shield, +4 Strength belt (Value 17k), 93k gp
Deanna wands and staff (Value 59.3k), 69.5k gp
Krusten ring of sustenance, ring of protection (Value 19.2k), 90.8k gp
Ildrahil Ring of Vampiric regen (Value 90k), 20k gp

I think that's about as equitable as it is going to get. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to get something of real significance on this trip. But those that don't will have plenty of cash on hand to rectify that.

And by all means, feel free to change things around, just trying to offer suggestions.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Jun, 2017 - 4:19am

17th Jun, 2017 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: If nobody else has strong opinions, then I would actually like the Ring of Vampiric regeneration. It's going to be useful in wild shape form with not the highest HP and the undead themes are a flavor that I intended for him.

Rather off topic, but...
Didn't have stable or strong internet upon landing, sorry. Also had to prioritise other things and am just feeling generally uninspired.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jun, 2017 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 554

Out of Character: I actually thought about that. Not going to be as useful as you think. Nearly all magic items cease to function when in wild shape, and that ring isn't one of the exceptions. Bastion and Ildrahil are the only two that regularly make attacks that would benefit from the thing unfortunately.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Jun, 2017 - 7:59pm

17th Jun, 2017 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 554

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: Oh, I'd never noticed that text before. I just assume it melded and continued to work. Well, I might as well grab the sustenance.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.