Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 557 of 590

Out of Character: Already worked out most - Page 557 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jun, 2017 - 3:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 557

Out of Character: Okay guys, check the Q&A thread, this situation is getting complicated.

I still say go for the deal. Not because I think the dangers insignificant, but because it sounds like it is too late. The crown knows there's an unoccupied fort there now, and given the importance of the location, will almost certainly occupy the thing whether or not we choose to sell.

About the only way to stop that would be to cross the border and offer the thing to this nation's enemy instead, but that won't lessen the danger to our group at all, just the opposite.

I'd also be wary of getting involved between what sounds like it might be a familial power struggle to the south.

With that in mind, I say we take the gold, resupply in town, and haul arse away from the border within a day or two and without waiting to find out the result. Probably head for one of the major cities to the south or east. If conflict breaks out, it probably would have anyways.

We definitely don't want to try and hold onto the fort with two nations gunning for it at once, and if we're going to end up being forced to give it up to someone, it might as well be peacefully and with compensation.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jun, 2017 - 2:39pm / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: I agree with Daishain. It sounds like we could be pulled into one of several power struggles happening. Now eventually we will be too high powered for the governments to leave us alone and I imagine we will be called upon to swear fealty to one king or another, but for now lets try to avoid it as much as possible. I also agree with selling the fort and high tailing it to another area. We know we cleared the way west a little while ago (Right?), maybe we should continue on that way until we reach another large city. We should buy what we can here, but there might be even better stuff there to buy.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Yes, I agree with all of this. Time to skedaddle on outta here and find greener pastures. We may even consider just buying the minimum here as the selection may be better in a bigger city. I'm sure someone here knows about the big cities and where they are located.

21st Jun, 2017 - 9:58pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Page 557 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Dark Druid says...

Out of Character: I just want to let it be know that there's the option of refusing the money (Or a portion of it) and gaining favour and trust of the crown if we choose to become heavily politically involved. That said, it's not something Avan is interested in. Though, he might be of personality that might enjoy being around during war and its aftermath.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Out of Character: I don't think anyone wishes to become heavily politically involved right now.

Bastion in particular if he enters the realm of politics would prefer to choose a particular nation to associate with, and once that is chosen, find an opportunity to enter the field from a position of strength. This event meets neither criteria, and other more favorable opportunities will come.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes, at this point in our careers we need cash not to get chewed up in a political clash of nations. If and when we make it the level where we can hold our own in that arena, then we'll start talking to kings.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Jun, 2017 - 2:58pm / Post ID: #
Krusten
Fighter 5
Character
Loner / Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 557

Born Free says...

Out of Character: I'm pausing here you can check Krusten's parting message AND she will be parting with her share once you've sorted that out *wink* I will be back, just not right now. I want to take up a few things I've been meaning to with my current online time.

Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2017 - 3:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 557

Out of Character: Already worked out most of it. Haven't heard any objections, so I assume its what we're going with. The deal with the fort gives everyone 200k GP as an additional share on top of the loot.

This puts Krusten's share up to a ring of sustenance, a +3 ring of protection (Rings total value at 19.2k), and 290.8k gp. A very hefty haul, she could live rather well for the rest of her life without ever lifting a finger again if such were her wishes.

There are others interested in the rings if Krusten would be willing to trade them off. I don't know how she'll perceive her need for them where she is going.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.