Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 559 of 590

"Well then, this news of gnolls sounds - Page 559 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Jul, 2017 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 590 pgs.  555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563  ...Latest (590) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons Dragons Dungeons & Dragons - KNtoran
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
2nd Jul, 2017 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread - Page 559

Dark Druid says...

I wish I had even half the experience or knowledge of items that you have Daishain, but I don't know what to get. Perhaps it's also a lack of desire (Though in or out of character, I don't know).

A couple level 3 Pearls of Power and a Druid's Vestment (Conflict with leather armour?) are all I can think of, apart from permanent attribute increases. Handy Haversack? Anything else good for a wildshaping druid? What about some light necromancy? Is there an item that can produce a really fast steed like the Phantom steed spell?

The instant fortress sounds like a great idea, though the description I read stated "The fortress cannot be repaired except by a wish or a miracle, which restores 50 points of damage taken." I see no need for a Lyre of Building, at least not in this campaign. Banner's also quite good, assuming we don't intend to cause fear and confusion.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2017 - 10:38pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread
A Friend

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Having the lyre is like having an expert crew of 50 craftsmen following us around and doing whatever we happen to need at the moment. A few specific uses:
-Capturing another fort seems likely at some point, and next time we may actually be in a position to settle into it. If so, we'll want to make modifications to suit our purposes
-If we do get the instant fortress, you noted how difficult it is to repair the thing, the lyre's other function allows it to make structures effectively immune to damage for a while.
-It could also be used on the fly, fortify our campsite while in a really dangerous area, repair the bridge over a chasm, undo the damage we caused to the village chapel before they try to run us out of there, etc.

When it comes to druid stuff, a few suggestions:
-Wild armor enhancement either on your current armor, or on something new. Lets you retain all armor properties while in wild shape. Its a +3 enhancement, so it could be rather expensive as an addition. Note, while wildshaped, only the AC bonus physicallt remains from wild armor, not the ACP or max Dexterity
-With the above in mind, you can probably pick up armor better than the +3 leather. For instance you could wear Elven Darkleaf Full Plate armor, counts as medium armor, is not made of metal, +8 AC, max+2dex, and ACP of -4. That would increase your AC by 2 without any enchanting at all for 5,500gp
-Metamagic rods are useful for any spellcaster. 3/day, cast spells as if you prepped it with a particular metamagic feat. No extra cost, no extra casting time. In your case, you might consider using an Extend Rod with your summon spells.
-Quaal's Feather Tree Tokens + Tree Stride spell equals emergency transport out of anywhere for you.
-Scrolls and wands of utility druid spells. The kind of spells that could save our butts if the situation calls for it, but are situational enough that you'd rarely actually prepare them. Endure Elements, Delay Poison, that kind of thing
-Torc of animal speech grants at will castings of speak with animals. Use it to give complex instructions to Fluffles and any summons, among other things
P.S. The Druid's Vestment is explicitly made to be worn over armor, so there's no conflict.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Jul, 2017 - 10:42pm

3rd Jul, 2017 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dark Druid says...

Cool, thanks for the info! The tree tokens I know about from Pathfinder. Something I've wanted to try for a while because it's very thematic, if a bit cheesy.

Why would I pay for more expensive (And lighter - redundant in wild shape) armor when I could instead have bone full plate!

I also just came across the Phantom Stag spell, that would be fun to use wherever Tree Stride can't be.

Post Date: 3rd Jul, 2017 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 559 Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

With the bone plate, either you never again engage in martial combat when not in wild shape, deal with a whopping -6 penalty to all attacks due to nonproficiency, or burn a feat getting rid of that penalty.

The first could only happen in an ideal world, the second is really nasty, and the third really expensive.

It is your choice, but personally, given how much money we've been getting, a few grand spent to avoid the whole issue is worth it. As a bonus, the Darkwood version gets you one extra AC outside of wildshape.

P.S. You asked about necromancy related items before, I'd suggest taking a look through Libris Mortis, plenty of undead themed stuff there, I'm not sure which would be most useful though.

P.P.S. Is anyone else going to reply in the leader thread?

4th Jul, 2017 - 1:07am / Post ID: #
Albrecht
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock

Thread Party Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The Wild Whisper says...

Out of Character: : I don't think we need much replying right this second. We need to decide what items to buy and post our shopping list as well as us searching for new jobs. I am in the process of nailing down what I want as a 276,000 GP boon is quite a lot of gold for 5th (6th?) level. It will probably be Wednesday before I get the chance to finish this shopping spree.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: We can't be sure what is available or at what price, which makes shopping without GM input difficult. I'd go ahead and ask about the things you're likely to want, and go ahead and make a gather info check to get the ball rolling on our next job. Give Kn what he needs to keep us informed.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jul, 2017 - 2:07am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2017 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread - Page 559

Bastion shows up after shopping with a strange piece of glass over his right eye and an actual nose rather than the hint of one that had been on the mask he calls a face.

Bastion asks the others, "There are a few projects I am investing in that will take notable time before they are ready for use, do any have an objection to remaining in this region for a month or two? I suspect there is a task or two we can complete in this area in the meantime."

Out of Character: Didn't get the big ticket items from my list. The belt of magnificence in particular would have been, well, magnificent. But that's okay, perhaps next time. In any case, if you guys have any enchanting upgrades to do, they'll likely take a similar time frame. I suggest once more getting the requests in, so we know what we need to do.

Significant upgrade to Bastion's ability to play sentry. Went from +0 in spot/listen to +12, then tacked on 60' darkvision and the Scent ability for good measure. Also major boosts to his AC, and when I get that weapon done, his offense as well. A good downtime.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 5th Jul, 2017 - 12:42am

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Party Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 559

"Well then, this news of gnolls sounds interesting. If nothing else, it is the first solid lead we have had in weeks. Any objections to looking into the matter?

Out of Character: Okay guys, we seem to have lost a lot of momentum here. Let's get it back.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Jul, 2017 - 2:32am

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Party Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.