Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 139 of 174

This is well above young Ildrahil's - Page 139 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 26th Jun, 2017 - 6:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 174 pgs.  135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143  ...Latest (174) »
Closed
Forum Based Dungeons DragonsDungeons & Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
19th Jun, 2017 - 8:43pm / Post ID: #
Avan Ohek
Druid 5
Character
Lieutenant / Head
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions - Page 139

Dark Druid says...

I was wondering about magic items and Wild Shape. It says that they become nonfunctional. So I take it a Ring of Feather Fall would do nothing in animal form? What if I get knocked unconscious in midair?

Since the Amulet of Heath says it becomes a permanent bonus after being worn for 24 hours, does that increase remain, including flow-on effects?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2017 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions
A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

If the magic becomes non functional when unconscious then the wild shape and other magic effects that have a time limit will become non-functional. However rings and amulets that do not have a time limit and are always functional their magic stays in effect unless you are in a magic void then they will not work.no magic works in a magic void. Once you leave the magic void the effects will once again take place.
As far as the second question yes it is in effect.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 11:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Okay, two queries:

-We seem to recall there being some manner of trouble to the south that the local guards were occupied with, but I don't remember what it was. Care to remind us?

-While hunting for the answer to the last query, I stumbled on a tidbit indicating that we were at the edge of a no man's land between this kingdom and the next. It sounds like the fortress we secured is either near to or within this no man's land. Would we have any reason to suspect that there would be negative political repercussions to making this sale?I don't think we're quite prepared to risk sparking a war and/or making an enemy of another nation.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 1:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 139 Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

The stronghold is indeed in a part of the land that is claimed by both countries and in disputed land. It could have repercussions later on but you could also be getting repercussions of both sides trying to tax you for the same stronghold. This could be a catch 22 for your group. I will double check the south give me a bit.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 1:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Questions Post Play Dragons and Dungeons

Right, in that case, based on what our characters know of the MO of the other nation, what would we presume would be the likelihood of them seeking us out if they heard a third party was in part responsible for the new watch post? What if we made ourselves scarce afterwards?

Also would like to know our characters' estimation of the odds of this sparking open conflict.

Post Date: 21st Jun, 2017 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Since this is a no mans land per say anything could spark a all out war. There is always a chance the other nation would not be happy with you if they found out that you sold it to this nation just like this nation would not be happy with you if they learned you sold it to the other nation. The odds of a open war are anywhere from 0 -100% If it does occur you would not know if it was the stronghold sale or another reason that caused the open war. Both sides do send large patrols into the disputed area a lot of the times. Latest rumor is that the northern Nation hired the giants to harass travelers between the two nations as a way to limit troop activity. This in itself if correct could cause a serious war.

As far as the south the rumors are of some bandits that are giving the Earls guards and militia a very hard time. Some people feel that maybe the earl's younger brother is supporting the bandits as a way to depose of the current earl and take his place.

Reconcile Edited: KNtoran on 21st Jun, 2017 - 1:45pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 5:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions - Page 139

The party is quite aware that we cannot avoid getting involved in politics forever. Soon or late some government will decide we can't be ignored. We would however prefer to preempt that by getting involved with a society of our choosing before that choice is taken away.

With that in mind, could we get an idea of the nature of the nations around here? Bastion for instance would be looking for a stable government with little corruption. Powerful enough to avoid being gobbled up by other nations, but disinclined to go to war without cause. I'll let others chime in with their priorities.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 26th Jun, 2017 - 5:36pm

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2017 - 6:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play Post Questions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 139

This is well above young Ildrahil's ken. He would go along with the will of the group here. There may come a time when he feels experienced or wise enough to join in these discussions. But it is not here and now.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Play By Post Questions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.