Israel vs. USA - Page 8 of 10

Magnus, You may be right about it being about - Page 8 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
U.S.A. vs. Israel vs USA
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2015 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Israel vs. USA - Page 8

U.S. 'excessive force' comment touches nerve in Israel:

Israel bristled on Thursday at U.S. Suggestions it may have used excessive force to confront Palestinian stabbings, and also published hospital images it said refuted Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas's allegation a teen suspect had been "Executed". Ref. Source 3t

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Nov, 2015 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Israel

Recognize Israeli annexation of Golan, Netanyahu hints to Obama:

The Israeli leader hinted that given the ongoing war across the border in Syria and the jihadist militias and Iranian-backed forces slowly taking over the country, Israel now seeks American recognition of its annexation of the Golan Heights. Ref. Source 2y

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2015 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs. USA Judaism Studies

Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard set to be released on parole after almost 30 years:

US and Israel deny release next week tied to tension over Iran nuclear deal Ref. Source 8y

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2016 - 11:49am / Post ID: #

Page 8 USA vs Israel

Israel and U.S. Are close to a deal on the biggest military aid package ever:

.Over months of secret negotiations that picked up steam late last year, Netanyahu was holding out for as much at $5 billion a year, according to accounts in the Israeli news media. Ref. Source 6l.

22nd Jan, 2017 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

USA vs Israel

What's the big deal about moving the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? Is it really that important of an issue?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2017 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs. USA
A Friend

Israel vs. USA

Moving the embassy to Jerusalem is huge to both sides of this. I spent 22 years in the Army, much of it in units dedicated to the Middle East, and my two languages are Arabic and Farsi, so I have some experience here. The Arabs see this as a huge slap. They see this as the US validating Israeli claims on occupied territory. Whether that is the case or not, that is their view. Worse, Jerusalem is one of their holy cities, just like Judaism and Christianity.

The Israelis see this generally the same way, as a US validation. Even though the area we'd move the embassy would also definitely not be the occupied portion of Jerusalem but the Israeli side. Again, even though it really isn't our intent to validate any claims. At least I don't think it is. I can't be 100% sure with this new administration.

The bottom line is that this is an incredibly complex issue. The land was Israeli at one time, then Persian, then Israeli again, then Roman, then Eastern Roman (Byzantine), then Arab, then Roman Christian, and then Arab again. All the while the people there lived more or less peacefully side by side. Much like India and Pakistan, the trouble was after WW II when westerners stepped in and made borders. When Israel's Arab neighbors invaded in '47 they did so to annex chunks of land, not so much to free Palestine. That said, the Palestinians certainy ended up on the short end of things.

Of course, this is a lot like the Kurds and Kurdistan, another Moslem people. The difference is, we don't hear anyone other than the Kurds yelling for their independence. Why? Because it would be uncomfortable for Iraq and Syria, two Arab Moslem countries; Iran, another Moslem country although not Arab (They are actually Indo-European); and Turkey, another non-Arab Moslem country and a NATO ally. All of these countries are against us moving our embassy and for the creation of a free Palestine, some even wanting to exterminate Israel. So, I see some degree of hypocrisy here too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Jan, 2017 - 2:34pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs. USA - Page 8

America is pressing this issue more than I think even Israel is and it might largely be about campaign promises that appealed to the American conservative than a need for a physical change.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #

Israel vs. USA
A Friend

Israel vs. USA Studies Judaism - Page 8

Magnus,

You may be right about it being about campaign promises. I'm not sure about that though. From listening to President Trump speak he sounds like he really believes in what he's doing here. Judging by some other things I've heard him say I'm not sure he's a good enough actor to sell that.

+  « First of 10 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Israel vs. USA

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,