Halloween In Trinidad And Tobago

Halloween Trinidad Tobago - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Oct, 2010 - 2:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Halloween In Trinidad,Tobago
27th Oct, 2009 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

On the 31st of October, the USA along with other countries celebrate Halloween but how the celebration started in Trinidad? I'm aware that Westmoorings for instance celebrate it but I thought it was something recent, apparently it is not. Neighborhoods like Blue Range and Victoria Gardens have been celebrating Halloween since the earlies 70's! Then apparently Westmoorings also adopted the tradition.

Source 3

Do you celebrate Halloween? Our family has been doing it for a couple of years now. Our oldest son will be Spiderman, our middle one Batman and our youngest will be a caveman this year. We decorated the house with Halloween bats and jack o' lanterns and we will make together some creepy cookies called witch fingers. We're also creating our own Halloween bags. I am not the best of homemakers with regards to crafts but I believe it is a great opportunity to work together with your kids.

Check video (Added October 2021):

Halloween In Trinidad And Tobago (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
27th Oct, 2009 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Tobago Trinidad Halloween

I live in the West and here is very common to celebrate Halloween. One of the things that really bother me is when kids come to trick or treat without a costume, when you ask them to take 1 or 2 candies and they take a whole bunch or when the MOTHERS bring grocery bags along and they ASK you for candies for their babies at home! Yeah sure, for the kids at home! How more ridiculous can you get?

27th Oct, 2009 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

Halloween In Trinidad And Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I laughed so hard about the mothers with grocery bags! Some Trinis have no shame really. Where do you buy your costumes TriniSpanish? I bought one at the mall and the other one was a gift from abroad. These are the "Witch Fingers" we plan to make for Halloween this year:

Halloween In Trinidad And Tobago (Hover)

27th Oct, 2009 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Hi lds_forever. I usually get the costumes at Richard's Halloween House in Westmall, they have some cute stuff although a little pricey. My sister also sends costumes from abroad. By the way, those cookies look creepy! laugh.gif

24th Sep, 2010 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Hey there! This time of the year is getting close, wondering how many of you will celebrate Halloween this year and what costumes do you have in mind? I am in the process of packing lots of sweets since last year we got a bunch of trick or treaters (mainly from outside Westmoorings).

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2010 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Name: Chris

Comments: Hi there! I'm from South and I Absolutely LOVE Halloween! Every year I would spookify my house... Bats, ghosts, cobweb, tombstones, coffins, witches.. The whole works.. But.. Apparently South People are So Boring! Especially San Fernando / Princes Town area! They are Never willing to try new things! Jeez! I Just wish that someday Trinidad can be like the USA in terms of Halloween Celebrations!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2010 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Halloween Trinidad Tobago

Name: PurpleStar

Comments: I wonder if all you folks from the West are just as adamant when it comes to supporting Trini holidays.

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

10th Oct, 2010 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Halloween Trinidad Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

The kiddies got their Halloween costumes for this year. The oldest will be Yu-Gi-Oh, the middle one will be Superman and the youngest will be Batman. I will be a scary witch (green face painting, fake witch fingers and all). We got jack o' lanterns, skeletons and some witches decorations.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Halloween In Trinidad And Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,