Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Mar, 2003 - 2:31pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible Related Information to Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible
10th Mar, 2003 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Sometimes I do not get the laws that the US makes.

QUOTE (Deseret News)
SUIT PUTS GUNMAKERS IN CROSS HAIRS

Lawsuits that seek to hold gun makers responsible for firearm violence haven't
had much success in court so far. Gun-control advocates say that is about to
change.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2003 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Responsible Maker Gun Shooter Not

This is just one more example of our judicial system having broken down completely.

Attornies! That is the problem. They have focused on careers, winning cases and making money.

There has been a major shift away from personal responsibility and an avenue of GREED that now pervades our courts.

Personal Injury suits have become a horrible burden on almost every aspect of our country now. Some of them are so ludicrous you can't believe it.

11th Mar, 2003 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible History & Civil Business Politics

Attornies! That is the problem.

Strange that none of you thought of giving them a taste of their own medicine by suing them!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3208 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Mar, 2003 - 10:43pm / Post ID: #

Personal Injury suits have become a horrible burden on almost every aspect of our country now. Some of them are so ludicrous you can't believe it.

That's so true, sometimes I hear in the news the most ridiculous things about suing somebody for millions! I really cannot believe how those cases make it to court! the government is wasting so much money like that. That's why Americans like so much Judge Judy ;D

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Post Date: 13th Mar, 2003 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I hate this topic with all my being. I went to  Presidental Classroom and this was so talked over. The real problem is that the people who are making decissions in this great country of mine are only going by what certain groups are telling them. I form of government is very screwed up. I believe this because well just look at it and you'll find about a billion and one things that are very screwed up. Every day a million stupid people sit in front of the tv and get told how screwed up things are, but  have very little resolve to change things. America is very rapidly becoming a country of lazy, uncaring couch potatoes.  Once the rest of the world sees this I fear their will be hell to pay. Meaning that I believe that when people relize just how blind the regular people are. The rest of the world will seize on the oppertunity and get rid of the United States. This may be a little farfetched, i do agree. But terrorists saw our weakness and took advantage of it. Whats to say next time it won't be a country instead of a few terrorists.

13th Mar, 2003 - 2:50pm / Post ID: #

This may be a little far fetched, I do agree. But terrorists saw our weakness and took advantage of it. Whats to say next time it won't be a country instead of a few terrorists.

It's so true Vale, actually when I lived in Maryland one day we went with my husband to Washington DC and we pass by the White House and we were so amazed of the lack of security that it had! And we even say that we could have a bomb with us and without any problems we could set it right there and nobody could stop us! the security system was so poor. I was surprised because we are talking about the President of the United States!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2003 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible

Remember John Lennon? He was shot just before Pres. Reagan go hit too.  I was studying in the US then when we heard that Reagan was shot. Our class that afternoon turned to this particular discussion about guns and gun control. And being the only foreign student in that particular class, my professor asked me for my perspective. And I remember very clearly, when the whole world was shocked by the murder of Lennon, that Reagan said that "guns do not kill people, it's people who kill people". And of course, Reagan do not believe in gun control laws. I said something to the effect, that Pres. Reagan had a chance to do something about it, but he didn't. And it's just ironic that he became a victim of what he didn't want to prevent.

But, he had a good point. It's still people killing people. Guns just made it so much easier.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2003 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Not Shooter Gun Maker Responsible Politics Business Civil & History

President Reagan was right.
People kill people.
If you ban guns you take away a vital method of self-defense for those of us who are law-abiding. Criminals will always get guns, legally or illegally.

I noticed you mentioned that you were a foreign student. That being the case, you might be unaware of a very deep-rooted part of American culture and history.

It resides in the 2nd Amendment, the right to bear arms.
The bottom line on that is, we don't trust even our own government. We will not give up our arms, because we may have to overthrow them again, just like we did the British.

WE WILL REMAIN A FREE PEOPLE!!!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Not Shooter, But Gun Maker is Responsible

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,