Have You Had Your Vitamin D Today?

Have Vitamin Today - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 29th Jun, 2016 - 4:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2003 - 3:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lack of vitamin D made worse in winter

Millions of people in the Northern Hemisphere may not get enough vitamin D, a nutrient important for strong bones. It is a problem made worse in the winter, when the sun's rays are not intense enough in most of the country to help bodies make the sunshine vitamin.

international QUOTE
Substituting food can be difficult because of a lack of vitamin D-rich options.

Already doctors are urging that breast-fed babies get vitamin D supplements to fend off a shocking return of rickets, a soft-bone disease, most often seen in children, that was thought eliminated decades ago. With increasing evidence that adults too may lack the nutrient, scientists are debating whether it is time to pump up everybody's level of vitamin D. Source

Do you think that you are getting too much Vitamin D in your diet or not enough?  .

Sponsored Links:
30th Oct, 2003 - 4:03pm / Post ID: #

Today Vitamin Your You Have

Since I live in Massachusetts, in the winter I probably do not get enough vitamin D.  I don't drink a lot of milk, I don't eat fish, mushrooms or organ meats, so my only real source would be from the sun.

It is interesting that we have this problem largely as a result of wearing sunscreen to protect us from skin cancer.  Heavenly Father made our bodies a certain way and we do things to make it better and end up causing other problems.  Sometimes we should just not tamper with things. smile.gif  I am not suggesting we don't use sunscreen, but one of the main reasons we need to worry about sun screen is the ozone layer, which has been damaged because of human actions.

Just goes to show that Heavenly Father knows far better than we, what we need physically.  We were designed to make our own Vitamin D without need to supplement and now our actions make it difficult for this natural process to work.

Post Date: 17th Jun, 2016 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Have You Had Your Vitamin D Today? Health & Special Psychology

Vitamin D may not be the great solution to health problems

A new review examines the evidence for 10 common beliefs about vitamin D. The beliefs range from the ability of vitamin D to reduce falls and fractures, improve depression and mental well-being, prevent rheumatoid arthritis, treat Multiple Sclerosis, and lessen incidences of cancer and mortality. The review finds little evidence though that supplementation with this vitamin has much of an effect at all. Ref. Source 2i.

17th Jun, 2016 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

I just went to the doctor and had my Vitamin D levels tested. They found that I was severely lacking it. I hadn't really noticed until after I started taking the supplement, but I am now sleeping much better and feel must more rested after sleep. I also have lots more energy to go through my day. I am young enough that my bones don't ache or anything usually, so I am not sure that it is helping with that, but I know that a lack of Vitamin D was causing me problems and that taking the supplement has helped. I am not saying that everyone should go out and buy some, but we should have our levels tested regularly and then adjust our dose according to maintain good nutrition.

17th Jun, 2016 - 1:40pm / Post ID: #

Alchyrogue, interesting. I want to ask three questions if you please without revealing any medical history:

1. Do you get adequate sunlight?
2. Did you take any other multi-vitamin previously?
3. Do you regularly eat green foods (Celery, spinach, lettuces, etc.) ?

17th Jun, 2016 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

I was vegetarian for 3 years prior to this year, though I am now reintroducing meat, I still get plenty of green foods. I love green beans, broccoli, spinach, plain salad, etc. I used to spend a lot of time in the sun, but not so much anymore. I go for a walk every afternoon, though mostly in the shade of trees, and then on the weekends, I try to do at least 1 thing out-of-doors. I guess it wasn't enough. I am not a big fan of taking any medicine that isn't serving some purpose. I only take pain killers, when the pain gets unbearable; I only go to the doctor for medicine when my cold has persisted for several days; so I haven't taken any multi-vitamin. My levels of vitamin D were less than 1/4 of what they should be, but I don't exactly know why.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Jun, 2016 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Have You Your Vitamin Today

I always thought you got vitamin D through dairy and sunlight and because we consume dairy products and get sunlight I never had to think about it. What are the signs of a lack of vitamin D in a younger person?

Post Date: 29th Jun, 2016 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Have You Your Vitamin Today Psychology Special & Health

Related to this Topic: Vitamin D Supplements.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Have You Had Your Vitamin D Today?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,