The Matrix - Revolutions

The Matrix Revolutions - Matrix Trilogy - Plugged RPG - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2004 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
The review in detail.
15th Nov, 2003 - 6:29pm / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions

Matrix

user posted image

The Matrix - Revolutions

Yesterday I went to see Reloaded and Revolutions. Yes, in Trinidad we see two movies for the price of one. In comparison I would have to say that Reloaded is better than Revolutions because it kept you more in anticipation of the next scene. However, in Revolutions it was more of a 'I expected that' kind of scenario. One surprising thing about the story line was the focus on Zion rather than Neo. For a moment I thought I was watching something out of Star Wars. Actually I believe Terminator 4 may take on a similar tone. I think all the actors did well, and the effects was as usual - fantastic. I think that the focus on Zion was a bit too much, but I guess it was the director's way of saying how much they needed 'The One'. What is your feeling?

Rather off topic, but...

It sounds comical, but I now understand why some have given this movie a likeness to Christian theology. Neo acts as the 'savior' that bridges and appeases both justice and mercy. However, far from the real world of things.

WARNING: Some of the info here might be SPOILER!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Nov, 2003 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions
A Friend

Revolutions Matrix The

Yes I agree. I like the movie but it rasied more questions then it answered. I was hoping to have all the questions from Reloaded answered. Instead I found myself with more questions and no closure. Not good for the last movie.

16th Dec, 2003 - 2:18am / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions RPG Plugged Trilogy Matrix

Matrix

Chocltequeen, I have the answer for you I believe... this is from another site and I asked for permission for it to be used here:

Indiana Jones:

Again, i say to you like many others...
The 3rd movie was, i think, best of the three. It served it's purpose, the system becoming whole. It followed the story as it should have and, like it's two predecessors, created a philisophical taste that changed me; I walked out of the theatre thinking, "Wow.... wow wow wow wow wow....". Unfortunantly, as i walked out, i over-heard some of the people talking about the movie, and most misenterpreted some of the needed scenes. Some thought the "Mr. Smiths" exploded because they had served their purpose and they were ended. I scoffed in disgust. Neo, like many others, was programmed to be the one. A supposed savior of Zion. But why was Neo unlike any of the others, and yet the same? Nobody can forget the battle between the one and the "Oracle" Smith. It was Oracles last words while still in the body of Smith that triggered his realization. "Everything that has a beginning has an end...". Neo saw his purpose. You can never defeat Smith. Neo, in his realization, said this, "You were right. It was inevitable". Neo let Smith convert him, and Smith sealed his doom. Neo created Smith, and Smith became his negative. As in an equation, Neo cancelled Smith out, and Smith was no more. Neo had served his purpose and was returned to the source. Zion was saved and the system was finally whole. I was glad at the movie. If Neo had lived, the movie wouldn't be good at all. Trinity was dead, and Neo would exist without purpose. The story wouldn't follow at all. With Neo dead, his purposed would be served. I'd say it was the best movie of this year in philisophical terms. It teaches you things, and maybe, if your patient and wise, will change you.
Oh, yes. And of course, why was Neo unlike the others? The others had done what they thought to do. The Smith was trying to kill Neo, and he would have done so too. Smith would have won and Zion would have been destroyed as in the deal with Neo and the Machine. But, as I was before, the Oracle half of the Smith said something he wasn't supposed to. "Everything that has a beginning has an end...". Neo did something the other "Ones" didn't do. As Smith had said, the death of Neo was inevitable, and Neo realized that Smith was right. Smith took his chance and destroyed Neo, and without realizing it, destroyed himself and his copies....
https://ecadfael.proboards14.com/index.cgi?...&num=1068076367

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions
A Friend

Revolutions Matrix The

I'd have to say, i wasn't a big fan of the Matrix Movies. It seemed like after the first one, everything was the same. Aside from the Architect and that part. It seemed like the whole movie was walk, fight, walk, fight, sex, walk, fight, fight, ride bike, fight, walk, fight...end.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2004 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions
A Friend

Revolutions Matrix The

It seemed like the whole movie was walk, fight, walk, fight, sex, walk, fight, fight, ride bike, fight, walk, fight...end.

I have to agree. I am a huge matrix fan, but that pretty much sums up my view on them. They were awesome movies, but the CGI wasn't the greatest (in the fight with all of the smiths in reloaded, their arms bend the wrong way at times biggrin.gif ) and as my friend said "After the first ten minutes of the fight scene, I realized that I could have gone to the bathroom when the fighting had started, it was the same as the first movie." they were a cool idea, but i think they could have developed a little more. wink.gif

18th Feb, 2004 - 12:24pm / Post ID: #

The Matrix - Revolutions

Matrix

The Matrix movies official site is https://www.thematrix.com Now that I have high bandwidth access I was able to visit the site. It is very detailed in its expression of the movie, but very hard to navigate. Reason for this is their main control panel which gives a look and feel of the computer screens, but at the same time does not let you know what each button is for. Anyway, if you go to: https://whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com/rl_c..._fr_mcginn.html you will get a very in depth explanation of the movie including the roles taken up by everyone. Here is a piece of it from: Colin McGinn:

The Matrix naturally adopts the perspective of the humans: they are the victims, the slaves - cruelly exploited by the machines. But there is another perspective, that of the machines themselves. So let's look at it from the point of view of the machines. As Morpheus explains to Neo, there was a catastrophic war between the humans and the machines, after the humans had produced AI, a sentient robot that spawned a race of its own. It isn't known now who started the war, but it did follow a long period of machine exploitation by humans. What is known is that it was the humans who "scorched the sky", blocking out the sun's rays, in an attempt at machine genocide-since the machines needed solar power to survive. In response and retaliation the machines subdued the humans and made them into sources of energy-batteries, in effect. Each human now floats in his or her own personal vat, a warm and womblike environment, while the machines feed in essential nutrients, in exchange for the energy they need. But this is no wretched slave camp, a grotesque gulag of torment and suffering; it is idyllic, in its way. The humans are given exactly the life they had before. Things are no different for them, subjectively speaking. Indeed, at an earlier stage the Matrix offered them a vastly improved life, but the humans rejected this in favor of a familiar life of moderate woe-the kind of life they had always had, and to which they seemed addicted. But if it had been left up to the machines, the Matrix would have been a virtual paradise for humans-and all for a little bit of battery power. This, after an attempt to wipe the machines out for good, starving them of the food they need: the sun, the life-giving sun. The machines never kill any of their human fuel cells (unless, of course, they are threatened); in fact, they make sure to recycle the naturally dying humans as food for the living ones. It's all pretty"¦humane, really. The machines need to factory farm the humans, as a direct result of the humans trying to exterminate the machines, but they do so as painlessly as possible. Considering the way the humans used to treat their own factory farm animals-their own fuel cells-the machines are models of caring livestock husbandry. In the circumstances, then, the machines would insist, the Matrix is merely a humane way to ensure their own survival. Moreover, as Agent Smith explains, it is all a matter of the forward march of evolution: humans had their holiday in the sun, as they rapidly decimated the planet, but now the machines have evolved to occupy the position of dominance. Humans are no longer the oppressor but the oppressed-and the world is a better place for it.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th May, 2004 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

The Matrix Revolutions

Again, another view:

Matrix: Revolutions Explained

It is interesting to compare how I am approaching this essay with how I approached the essay for Reloaded. What compelled me to write for Reloaded was frustration. Everyone seemed to be missing the point. With Revolutions, even though many people are still not getting it, I have seen an astounding, deeply gratifying wealth of insight. It appears that after having digested Reloaded for a while we have got our brains into gear, and we are much better prepared for the messages in Revolutions. And so I come to this essay from a much calmer place. What motivates me is...well, nothing at all. I just choose to do it.
Ref. https://wylfing.net/essays/matrix_revolutions.html

2nd Sep, 2004 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

The Matrix Revolutions Matrix Trilogy Plugged RPG

Matrix

The end scene of Revolutions with Neo and Smith can only make sense if...

1. The one Smith was all the might and power of all the other Smiths he had copied, else how would you explain why Smith was suddenly Neo's equal'?

2. Unless Neo purposely did not fight as hard, well we know in the very last he did not fight at all, but I am not talking about that.

3. Neo had entered a world where Smith was his own 'Neo' or at least had all the power of Neo, why do I say that? Well notice in Smith's world he could fly!

What are your thoughts?

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: The Matrix - Revolutions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
The Wachowskis and Warner Bros. are the original copyright holders, creators and producers of the Matrix Trilogy. Material used here is on the basis of "fan" site. Plugged RPG is a FREE custom built Text RPG based on the Matrix concept giving Players a chance to use the Matrix Theme in a Play by Post environment.