The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 3 of 28

ive read some pretty good books but the one - Page 3 - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 1st Sep, 2003 - 9:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (28) »
The Best Book You Ever Read Think about it... in this day and age people read few books unless they are forced to. What is the best book you have ever read? From any category.
The Best Book You Ever Read Related Information to The Best Book You Ever Read
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

The Best Book You Ever Read
A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read - Page 3

My main man in the book department is STEPHEN KING just out of this world the only other book that i have read that i liked is  THE BLACK DONNALYS  its a story about a local family that lived in lucan ontario canada there is 5 different books if ya gets da chance read them its unreal what they went through as a family

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Jul, 2003 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Read You Book The

@max, yes I think Stephen King is quite a talented writer.  I just love reading his books.  I've got almost all of them in hardback and paperback.  But those are the only horror books I own.  Most of my collection is sci-fi books and very few romance novels.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 8:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Best Book You Ever Read UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Definetly, one hundred percent the best bookm I've ever read would be Watchmen by Alan Moore.  It's a 400+ paged comic about if masked crusaders and actual super human super heroes existed in our world, especially during the cold war.  It is an amazingly well written book and I encourage everyone reading this to take a look.

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2003 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Read You Book The

international QUOTE
Definetly, one hundred percent the best bookm I've ever read would be Watchmen by Alan Moore.

I will have to look for this book and check it out.  I've never heard of it before, but from what you've described, it sounds like it would be pretty good to check.  biggrin.gif.

31st Aug, 2003 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Read You Book The

Like you miss shady, I am into classics.... Great expectations, pride and prejudice, jane eyre etc. I also like those shorter stories which require loads of interpretation, such as WAITING FOR GODOT and THE ALCHEMIST. One of the best Fantasy books I've read is by David Eddings.... A series of books called THE BELGARIAD. Its nice captivating reading. Also, for any of you with young kids..i recommend any book by Enid Blyton… especially "The Enchanted Wood" series.

(As you can tell… I cannot decide which book is my favorite *wink*).

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2003 - 12:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I've read too many books to pick just one.  I think Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl is a 'must read'.  I too enjoy the Little Prince.  I read a lot of non-fiction so here's some recommendations.

Money and Morals in America - interesting look at some major money makers and how they affected American society.

Garden of Unearthly Delights - Anybody that eats should read this book - about the food industry (at least in US but I think some of the companies are global)

My Father My Son - Zumwalt; a touching look at a father and son that served during Vietnam.  Son dying of cancer probably related to agent orange.  Father was commanding officer responsilbe for ordering the use of agent orange.

The Fatal Shore - history of Australia's convict colonies. Fascinating look at history, sad insight to human nature in some instances.

Fiction -  To Kill a Mockingbird, Pride and Prejudice, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn; I also enjoyed Frankenstein - much different than the movies.  Also The Jungle  - not a happy tale, saddest part is some things haven't changed but that could be a new topic.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Aug, 2003 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read - Page 3

international QUOTE
One of the best Fantasy books I've read is by David Eddings.... A series of books called THE BELGARIAD.

Yes, cookie, that is a good read.  biggrin.gif  I really enjoyed reading that book.  I liked some of his other books as well.  It's just been a while since I have gotten any of his books and read them.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

The Book You Read Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO - Page 3

ive read some pretty good books but the one that i like is the srimad bhagvatam which is a hindu holy book for those of u who havent heard it...always makes me understand the world a lil better when i read it and it never fails to bring a tear to my eye and a smile to my face..and to me that is the sign of a good book one that makes ur soul smile if i can use such an expression...i have a lot more holy books to read but so far that is one which i am never bored readin over and over again cause everytime i read it i get a clearer understandin of it....

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (28) »

> TOPIC: The Best Book You Ever Read

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,