Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3 of 16

QUOTE So its best to just be friends and not - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Jun, 2003 - 8:04am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »

?
Poll: [Added 24 March, 2006]: What do you think about the level of Sexual Harrasment in T&T...
  It is ridiculous, tougher laws are needed       60.00%
  It is really bad, but is now an 'acceptable' culture       26.67%
  It is bad, but I live with it       0.00%
  I really have not thought about it       13.33%
  I am guilty of this and need to change       0.00%
  I am guilty of this and will not change       0.00%
Total Votes: 15
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Why do women in Trinidad & Tobago have to be disrespected and persecuted? If you are fed up of it come let us know!
28th May, 2003 - 11:29am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

[quote]LDS_forever, some men never fail to amaze me by the nonsense that actually spew out of their mouths. You have to wonder about their thought processes or lack thereof ! [/quote]

You can say that again girl!!! :smile.gif

Post Date: 28th May, 2003 - 7:48pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago
A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

You just don't get it...it is easy to blame the others...like now the guys....without looking for the context...I did not say it is a game....I don't understand where are you get the idee, that it is some sensual thing for me...READ CAREFULLY before you judge....I sad it is a terrible communication between man and woman....

28th May, 2003 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes you said it's a terrible communication between a man and a woman BUT why you don't say what you said AFTER that...let me quote it for you :

"verry bad communication from both side....they just try....what's wrong with that.....until nobody is getting physically hurt...... '

You are saying that UNTIL someone is not physically hurt is NOT wrong, in what world do you live? what about verbal harrasment, psychological harrasment? do you think only when a person is raped then it's wrong? :smile.gif :smile.gif  :smile.gif if you don't want misunderstandings, then you need to explain yourself better.

Post Date: 29th May, 2003 - 1:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

I was re-reading Awillson's old message and he/she mentioned something about women wearing g-strings, half t-shirts and sending messages out to men by the way they dress.
I am reading carefully and he goes on to say that the better looking males are fed up with that 'game'. What exactly is the game?
Do men believe that women dress for them and not for a sense of their own identity?  
Is it so difficult to believe that women love their bodies and like to show it off because of a sense of personal pride or achievement for eg. in losinng weight through dieting and going to the gym.
Why does a good-looking female have to de-sexualise her body in order to avoid degrading and unwanted comments from men.
Men on the whole have to realise that the way a woman is dressed IS NOT AN INVITATION to verbal sexual harassment !!
Women who actually approve of the comments such as 'angel', 'sweetheart' etc. and think that they are harmless must realise that a strong sense of personal identity comes from within not from others......

Post Date: 29th May, 2003 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tobago and Trinidad Harassment Sexual

[quote]

Awillson, have you ever heard about psychological/verbal harrasment? :smile.gif.
Yes I'm living in time that i'm getting harrasted psycologically/ verbally from the mass media i'm bombarded with lies and fals aruments WHICH COST PEOPLE's LIFE..................I don't think we would live in a better world if trini man would get forbidden to talk to stranger........
So you're saying that ONLY a rape for instance could be consider harrasment in your point of view (since there is an actual physically harm)?!!!. If so, I have lots of things to say!!!...but I will wait for your answer first.[/quote]

Post Date: 29th May, 2003 - 4:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Do men believe that women dress for them and not for a sense of their own identity?

yes I believe that....would a women wear half t-shirt in the sahara where nobody is?

Is it so difficult to believe that women love their bodies and like to show it off because of a sense of personal pride or achievement for eg. in losing weight through dieting and going to the gym.

Why does a good-looking female have to de-sexualise her body in order to avoid degrading and unwanted comments from men.

>what's about accepting her sexuality<

Men on the whole have to realise that the way a woman is dressed IS NOT AN INVITATION to verbal sexual harassment !

Women who actually approve of the comments such as 'angel', 'sweetheart' etc. and think that they are harmless must realise that a strong sense of personal identity comes from within not from others...

29th May, 2003 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago - Page 3

I don't think i'm going to touch this subject with a 10 foot pole.  but all I can say is women and  men both have feeling and things can get way out of control.  So its best to just be friends and not feans.

10th Jun, 2003 - 8:04am / Post ID: #

Sexual Harassment Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

So its best to just be friends and not feans.

That is the problem with the man on the street in Trinidad, they do not know how to be just 'friends' unless it involves their hormones.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (16) »
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,