Kidnappings in Trinidad

Kidnappings Trinidad - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Apr, 2003 - 3:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
19th Mar, 2003 - 9:08pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

Kidnappings!

Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate?

Kidnappings in Trinidad
Kidnappings in Trinidad (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
28th Mar, 2003 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

The government is trying to downplay the BBC report, but to me it is pretty acurate. Afterall, kiddnappings are becoming such a regular thing now that the people do not give it the same kind of importance as they did before. Murder also seems to be on the rise with many of them being in 'gang' style. Arson is a new tatic that is also become a plague to the people. What is this country coming to? With all of this people still think about the next fete?!

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 7:12pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I did not see the BBC documentary in question but I try to keep up to date with what's going on at home and I have to say  I find the rate of the murders and the muder suicides alarming.I fear for my family back at homeIt's as though a lot of people are almost becoming immunue to it.The most bafling almost bording on absurd is the murder of a young bloke for his gold chian which his assailants did not even bother to take after shooting and killing him. Until something is done about the situation and the finger wagging stops form both sides and some sort of mutal agreement is mdae by both sides to rectify the problem,what ever is said by the BBC officials about Trinidad will have to be considered as'the gospel truth'.

2nd Apr, 2003 - 12:53pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Recently there was a business owner on TV that was robbed 6 times! He said he was tired of it and was leaving the country since there was not enough protection here. He also added he can now see why people leave Trinidad, kiddnappings, stealing, etc.

After that broadcast I did not even here 'beep' from the government. That shows you how much they care. What is worse about these crimes is that they are not random, but calculated. They sit, watch, wait for the the victim and then make their move. Even if doing it to the same person 6 times!

Then people say, 'Sweet T&T' :smile.gif

2nd Apr, 2003 - 3:22pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Yes I cannot stand when they say 'Sweet T&T' and the country is spoiling! I mean, I understand you can love your country and all that but you don't have to be blind and try to cover your eyes and ears about the real and serious situation this country is going through. The people are like accostum to it and that's bad...
Murders, rapes, kidnappings are NEWS every single day on the newspapers, what's 'sweet' about that? :smile.gif

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings in Trinidad

I wonder if all of the present goverment in power is getting a cut from these kidnapping. Since they haven't addressed this issue & it seemed that they have turned a blind eye to this problem. I am also questioning the type of people targeted!!!!!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
4th Apr, 2003 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad

[quote]. I am also questioning the type of people targeted!!!!! [/quote]
I am not sure what you mean by 'type' of people. So far the only thing they have in common is that they supposedly have more than 200,000 TT available to them.

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2003 - 3:33pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

I don't think all the people targeted has that amount of money. I am not saying they do not have money, but with some of these  kidnappings they are asking for millions!!!

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (16) »

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,