Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 14 of 16

Name: George Title: Kidnappings Comments: - Page 14 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 17th Jan, 2016 - 6:07pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Kidnappings in Trinidad A big report by the BBC. Do you think the recent documentary by the BBC about the crime rate and kidnappings in Trinidad was overdone or accurate? Are we becoming like Colombia? Does the government acknowledge that there is a serious problem?
Kidnappings in Trinidad Related Information to Kidnappings in Trinidad
11th Mar, 2015 - 3:51am / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad - Page 14

Is it just me or does it seem like we're hearing about a lot more people being kidnapped these days?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Nov, 2015 - 12:48pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Name: George

Title: KIDNAPPINGS

Comments: There appear to be something rather strange taking place on this island with regards to kidnappings. I suspect that this is still a striving and profitable criminal activity here. There are many reasons why I have come to this conclusion. First of all is the sudden decline in this once galloping criminal activity reported in the police statistics on the local police website, which deals with the prevention of crime and reporting local crimes The figure for local kidnappings has been stuck at 3 kidnappings for months with a note indicating that these three reports were associated with ransoms. I have queried this with the operators of this website six weeks ago and was told at that time that despite the figure shown there were in fact 60 kidnappings so far this year, but they did not fall into the classification associated with a ransom so they were not reflected in the police statistics. This is most confusing .I was always under the impression that practically all kidnappings are related to a demand for a ransom. I can now only conclude that their is some agreement between politicians of all parties, editors of local newspapers,directors of the media, the national security minister and the police to hide occurrences of kidnappings in order not to keep overseas investors away. I further believe that the police are the biggest players in this hide and seek game, in that families of kidnapped victims are advised by the police to pay a ransom and keep quiet about the incident as the victim could be murdered. Finally I believe that the person or organisation who first started the trend of kidnappings here for financial gain is still operating the kidnapping business with assistance of members of our police and security system. What other logical reason could there be for the non official reporting of these crimes. Having said all the above, please bear in mind that this is my personal impression without the turning of a blind eye to the present crime situation and in particular the police reporting of the criminal act of kidnappings on this island.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Title: Kidnappings

Comments: Sorry to have to say this as it may reflect on your classification of kidnappings. I remain completely bamboozled .Mr Dillon recently reported that there were quite a high number of kidnapping on this island. If these kidnapping are not associated with ransoms why are there so many I am sorry to have to bring the matter of kidnappings up again. I however,remain bamboozled by your reclassification of kidnapping and your statement that only kidnappings where a ransom is demanded are reported on this site. Mr Dillon recently made a statement in which he said that there were a high amount of kidnappings. Despite this, last year, this site only reported three and none so far this year. Perhaps the police could explain this sudden strange behaviour of our criminals who are kidnapping so many citizens without asking for a ransom. Are they doing it as an enjoyable hobby and merely for fun?, or are the police now able to give a logical reason why they are discriminating by not reporting all kidnappings. In my opinion the failure to report these crimes only encourage the criminals to kidnap more citizens for reasons unknown The impression given is that kidnappers are being let off the hook in order to make kidnapping here an equal illegal money spinner in line with corruption. Well it could be perhaps I am again not thinking straight eh.

16th Jan, 2016 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 14 Trinidad Kidnappings

As was said before kidnapping is NOT only for ransom. Kidnappers may take someone for: Human Trafficking or to kill them in a different location / hide the body, etc. Some may even be orchestrated for other reasons by the same person who is supposed to be 'kidnapped'. As for this site, we only track ransom.

Post Date: 16th Jan, 2016 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Kidnappings

Comments: Thanks for your response. I am however still left bemused especially bearing in mind the contents of part of a statement recently made by Mr Dillon shown below:

international QUOTE

The Minister said the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service reported 731 persons missing between January 1 to November 30, 2015. Of this figure, 155 of the missing person cases emerged between September 7 and November 30. Dillon said the police’s Anti-Kidnapping Unit provides assistance to families and the “Negotiation Operations Centre” engages in negotiation and operation. A family liaison officer is assigned to each case, and counselling is provided. Medical procedures are followed while the Homicide Bureau of Investigations assists if the case is re-classified. The Victim and Witness Support Unit also plays a role. Dillon said for the same period there were 98 reports of kidnapping, of which 50 had been detected, or 51 percent. Of the 98, 84 took place up to September 6 while 14 were reported between September 7 and November 30, 2015. There were four kidnappings for ransom, but no charges brought. Ref. Source 7d

Please note in his statement he said four kidnapping were for ransom. Why then only 3 were reported?. I wonder where he got his statistical information from.

16th Jan, 2016 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad

Missing persons does not mean they were all kidnapped and it certainly does not mean they were all missing because a ransom was asked for. I will repeat again: someone may go missing, it does not mean they were kidnapped, and if they were it does not mean it was for a ransom. Your perspective is like calling robbery, forgery and fraud all the same thing. They are all crimes but a different category.

Rather off topic, but...
For future submissions please distinguish your words clearly from quoted text. Also place the source so there is no plagarism and credit can be given.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings in Trinidad
A Friend

Kidnappings Trinidad - Page 14

From what I've read in the media, SEVERAL times a young person, primarily a teenage school girl, fails to come home after school and is reported missing by her family. Then she is "Found" with people she knows. Thats hardly a kidnapping.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2016 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Kidnappings Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 14

Comments: Thanks again. I cannot help feeling someone is pulling my leg. In 2007 there were 155 kidnappings .All these money making criminal illegal acts were attributed to one man and his fanatic bunch of followers. This group of alleged kidnappers are still alive and are still linked to crimes on this island. Why on earth would the want to abandon such a lucrative criminal money making scheme bearing in mind that most of that mob are still classified as criminal?. No something is wrong here. Kidnappings for ransom cannot just fall rapidly from 155 to 3 or zero whilst these crooks are still on the loose. There is present no different deterrent than there was in 2OO7 that would now cause the reduction in this crime for ransom here. If there is I would like to hear about it. Please note that I am not the only citizens questioning the illegal business of kidnappings on this island. The history of this crime can be found in the archives of our newspapers and on the internet. Please insert 'kidnappings in Trinidad' in any internet search machine to get some true information on the history of kidnapping here. I still think we are very near the top or are at the top of the world kidnapping list, despite the denial of widespread kidnappings for ransom on this island.

+  « First of 16 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 

> TOPIC: Kidnappings in Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,