How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 3 of 35

Apprantly what i was trying to sawy went above - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2003 - 6:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (35) »
When thinking of a good place to live, you must first seek after safety and security, not rum and fete.
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Related Information to How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2003 - 8:05pm / Post ID: #

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?
A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? - Page 3

in the last 3 years I have spent a total of 8 months in T'DAD. I have many friends there now including brother-in-laws, mother-in-law, and others. My wife is from T'DAD
and also a USA citizen. When she left T'DAD she was very young (17) and left young brothers and sisters at home. We are at a point now we can afford to retire in T'DAD and let my wife spend some quality time with her family. I am going to open a small business and I am aware of the crime situation. I have spent some time talking with several american business owners in the Sando area, and feel comfortable with the decision. We will actually be in the Williamsville area around the Piparo Junction.

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2003 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

I am a(an): Trinidadian

I have spent some time talking with several american business owners in the Sando area, and feel comfortable with the decision.

Hey, I wish you all the best, just be aware of everything around you, do not take anything likely. When you get your business up give us a shout and we can design your site wink.gif

By the way, it will be well worth going through some of the pages in this board to get a good feel for Trinidad. We discuss things here about the country that I am sure you have not come across.

Post Date: 27th Mar, 2003 - 12:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Thanks for the advice. I will look around in the forum for information. Talk to you soon.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 7:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

When you're on the ouside looking in you see things totally different from those on the other side of the fence.Those that made the comment of not seeing trinidad fit for raising a family should not be so quick to judge.They should count themsleves as being very fortunate, trinidad has a population of 1.1 illion (if i remembered correctly) and not many of them have a choice in the situation.Yes, there is now an alarming state of crime, yes something needs to be done about it,Yes the current environmental situation leaves a lot to be desireed of a developing third world country and Yes, it raises a lot of doubts for any non-national or national who wishes to come for hoilday.
However, one must also bear in mind that the press sometimes put greater emphasis on the bad that occurs than the good , they do have the duty to report in the interest of the public but sometimes I believe they use the freedom of expression as a sword and not a shield.
I guess to alarm is the way to educate people of the what is going on around them and sad but true it has most alarmed natives as well as non nationals outside then those at home.
They are the ones ho should be fearful they have to continuiously be on the guard for their safety.

Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Live Tobago and Trinidad Good How

It's so easy to say things and point fingers when your on the other side of the fence. Yes, there is a  lot of senceless crime, Yes Violence seems to rise with the sunrise,Yes the envionmental awarness is not what it ought to be for a developing third world country.and the list of  finger pointing and talking down still goes on, and probably, just probably it is justified,but please bear in mind the coutry id made up of a population of 1.1 million~(if i remembered correctly) and only a fraction of that number actually leave it.
Some of us here are very fortunate. There are so many who try to rise above what is happening,I for one use to be one of tem I left home 8 months ago to study in the UK and my heart goes out to my family,I orry about them al the time.
But you got to believe that every thing will be okay,that's all people back in Trinidad have .
So you could stay in your rooms thousands of miles away from trinidad and point fingers, a talk of it's wrosening state of affairs but I beg of you to at the same time speak of ways in which it could be cahnged for the immediate benefit of the people who have no choice in the matter to stay in Trinidad .

28th Mar, 2003 - 11:16pm / Post ID: #

But you got to believe that every thing will be okay,that's all people back in Trinidad have .
So you could stay in your rooms thousands of miles away from trinidad and point fingers, a talk of it's wrosening state of affairs but I beg of you to at the same time speak of ways in which it could be cahnged for the immediate benefit of the people who have no choice in the matter to stay in Trinidad .

I am in Trinidad and I have lived abroad for many years too... it is this combination that helps me to discernt the true Trinidad and not the cosmetic one that tourists have. As far as talk... I do, each Sunday I speak to several hundred, I hope we all grasp the real true answer... 'Turn to God in action and not word' this will change Trinidad.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Mar, 2003 - 11:59pm / Post ID: #

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live - Page 3

When you're on the ouside looking in you see things totally different from those on the other side of the fence.Those that made the comment of not seeing trinidad fit for raising a family should not be so quick to judge

I'm an Argentinian and also a legal resident of Trinidad. Maybe it's easy for YOU not to judge because you're NOT living in Trinidad at the present time. The people that lives here EVERY single DAY know what we are talking about. It amazes me how those Trinidadians who are living abroad talk so good about their country and at the same time they're living abroad! :smile.gif now, if it's so good, then why they don't stay? :smile.gif *shaking head*.
Yes, it is true that most of the population in Trinidad don't have a choice but to stay here , now it doesn't mean we must be blind or accept the serious crime situation going on in this country.

This is so simple. People need to change their mentality. One they change that, they change it all.
However, one must also bear in mind that the press sometimes put greater emphasis on the bad that occurs than the good , they do have the duty to report in the interest of the public but sometimes I believe they use the freedom of expression as a sword and not a shield.

I'm also a journalist and what the newspapers are doing are something common everywhere in the world. It's obvious that having more than 3 or more kidnappings daily, if I was an editor I would put it in the first page! no doubt about it!. Those are facts, real facts whether people want to accept it or not.

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2003 - 6:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How Good Trinidad & Tobago Live Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

Apprantly what i was trying to sawy went above the heads of some people.I don't think IAM FORTUNATE BECAUSE IAM NOT AT HOME >:(.I AM  FRIGHTENED TO DEATH. :'(It is absolutly terrifying when you are thousdands of miles away form home and all this stuff is happening.I don't know if you understood I guess you didn't but I will say it againand I'll use an example this time,yeah?
Lets say you were from Iraq you left home beforethe stuff with Bush started,you're reading,and seeing the stuiff that 's happening back at home.There is absolutle notjing you could do about it physically but pray for the well being of your family.It nerve wracking when you turn on the tele, it's even harder when you read the news!
That's how I feel people, I have not been away from home for years as some of you believe it to be ,I have been away from home for  some 9 months.IAM  ALL TOO AWARE OF WAHT IS TAKING PLACE AT HOME,THAT IS WHY I TRY TO LOOK AT THE BRIGHTER SIDE. I put it to you if people back at home were to live in constant fear the entire country would shut down,correct?
Iam not against Journalist, I appplaud them, they have the balls to say things that others would sweep under the carpet. Yes, facts srea facts but there isn't a night that I go to bed dry eyed.I feel helpless, me pleading with those who no longer live and have no intentionof comming back to Trinidad and see it fit to stress on how things are bad, to thrown in some good things of their memories is not a bad thing is it.I am really sorry if I offended some people.I just wanted to assure myself that evertything is going to be fine with my loved ones.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (35) »

> TOPIC: How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,