Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 3 of 6

That is a good point Raya, and it is also - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 5:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Trinidad Chicken Addiction These people fascination with chicken! Chicken in Trinidad and Tobago is the same as Beef is in Argentina or Rice is in China. Trinis are literally addicted to Chicken and often cannot eat a plate of food if Chicken is not present on the plate!
Trinidad Chicken Fascination Related Information to Trinidad Chicken Fascination
Post Date: 11th Mar, 2004 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination
A Friend

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 3

You all are so true me when ever I go food shopping I buy mostly chicken I curry, stew, bake, and even make the chicken foot soup. (laugh.gif)

Sponsored Links:
11th Mar, 2004 - 9:41pm / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

How can you eat chicken foot soup? I mean it is one thing to eat chicken all day long, plus you have to eat the foot too?

22nd May, 2004 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yuck! chicken foot is disgusting....sad.gif I respect those who like it but come on people!!!! why they have to suck the foot of the poor animal! leave it alone!!!!

23rd Feb, 2005 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Fascination Chicken Trinidad

Due to the upsurge of chicken eating durning the Carnival season it seems that there was a shortage of chicken for awhile and so wholesalers were putting very small young birds within the market to keep up with demand. Do you think Trinidadians stop buying these 'pigeon' like birds? No! They buy them anyway - so silly you people.

24th Feb, 2005 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

Now, those "pigeon" chickens are ridiculous. I have never seen a chicken so small and when you cook it...forget about it, it may be enough for two people in one meal! (and you are paying normal price or even more) rolleyes.gif

Reconcile Edited: LDS_forever on 24th Feb, 2005 - 12:57am

22nd Jan, 2006 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Over the past couple of weeks there were 100s of chickens found dead in certain poultry farms. Now finally the citizenry are wondering if they should really eat chicken, but has that stopped them? Nope, they are still eating it... go into KFC and it is still packed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2006 - 5:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 3

Trinis tend to gravitate to chicken because (In my humble opinion)

1) Some do not eat pork
2) Some do not eat beef
3) Seafood is a big deal
4) many people farmed chicken - on a very small scale of course
5) There are many vegetarians in Trinidad

When I was growing up during the week we eat vegetarian meals, with Fish as one meal - and Sunday was the meat day with Chicken or Goat

There was a McDonalds in Gulf City - it had to closed down - because in was in a predominately Indian neighbourhood - the one in Port Of Spain is doing very well - the population is more mixed

But there KFC is great...best beach food beside bread and shark

22nd Jan, 2006 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

That is a good point Raya, and it is also the reason I feel they eat the parts that are often thrown away or recycled in other countries such as: chicken feet, wings, tails, hoofs, etc. However, I feel that even if there was an outbreak of bird flu here that there would still be a majority that would buy KFC and hope not to die.

Offtopic but,
Raya, check out your intro thread and tell us more about yourself. Thanks.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Chicken Fascination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,