Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 5 of 6

Australian KFC Ad comes under fire for being - Page 5 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Jan, 2010 - 7:59pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Trinidad Chicken Addiction These people fascination with chicken! Chicken in Trinidad and Tobago is the same as Beef is in Argentina or Rice is in China. Trinis are literally addicted to Chicken and often cannot eat a plate of food if Chicken is not present on the plate!
Trinidad Chicken Fascination Related Information to Trinidad Chicken Fascination
8th Mar, 2007 - 9:38pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 5

JB this is not the first time that I have heard someone mention that Trinis love their chicken. I have been reading this thread and I have noticed that Trini808 mentioned the main reason why Trinidadians eat so much chicken. It has a lot to do the various religions here in Trinidad. For instance, we have East Indians living here who are Hindus and their belief is the cow is considered sacred. The staunch Hindus will not touch beef but will eat goat, duck, fish, shrimp and of course, chicken. The Muslims in Trinidad are not supposed to eat pork and therefore, they choose mainly chicken as well as the other foods that I have mentioned previously. People also prefer chicken since it is still the cheaper meat to buy! If anyone goes into Hilo Supermarket in Westmoorings, people literally snatch all the boneless breasts before the meat packer can finish placing the chicken in the correct section! My spouse and I are always amazed by how quickly the boneless breasts finishes. Also, I have been told by the Chicken Lover Experts that Chicken is so much fun to eat than other meats. When I asked people to elaborate on this, they all agreed that it was quite enjoyable to be pulling the flesh off the bones with their teeth and eating other meats were so mundane! I also understand that chicken is so much easier to barbeque than beef!

Sponsored Links:
30th Jan, 2008 - 4:15pm / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

Carnival is approaching and Trinis cannot get enough of chicken! KFC, pelau, chicken sandwiches, chicken roti, chicken foot souse, BBQ chicken...you name it. For this week alone, more than one million heads of chicken will be sold, compared with the average 725,000 to 800,000 heads.

The week before Carnival, (Monday to Sunday), local poultry producers garner the highest sales volume in one week, when compared to any other week in the calendar year, said Phillips.

"It is the heaviest volume for national production in a week and surpasses sales per week in the run-up to Christmas, as Christmas is a season spread out over at least three weeks," he explained.

Chicken sales per week over the Christmas season averages at about 800,000 heads. This week's sky high sales will mean that producers, depot owners, restaurateurs, vendors and others along the chicken sale chain, will partake in millions of dollars worth in profit for the seven-day period. Given that an average five pound chicken costs at least $25, the sales value on one million heads could amount to a minium of $25 million for the week.

Chicken is a must in many Carnival dishes including pelau, fried, jerk, curried and barbecue chicken meals. The chicken frenzy has seen a huge spike in sales at fast food outlets, most noticeably at KFC's Independence Square, Port-of-Spain branch, as customers queue up during lunch breaks and in the wee morning hours after fetes or as patrons leave calypso tents.

KFC staffers are gearing up for the "real Carnival stretch" one source said, which starts with Fantastic Friday and goes right through to late Carnival Tuesday night.

Restaurants and vendors are also reporting heavy sales in chicken dishes including chicken sandwiches, chicken roti and chicken foot souse.

President of the Supermarkets Association Heeranand Maharaj yesterday said the chicken sales are very good.

"Supermarkets are offering good discounts. We are really happy about the frozen chicken discounts (from local producers)," he said. "Customers are really buying."

5th Feb, 2008 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Excuse my use of a foreign language pero ' esta para chuparse los dedos' (finger licking good) when it is made at home! Reminds me of the fellow who went to a KFC and he was licking his fingers and saying this was the best chicken he tasted and when he got to the last piece, he saw a tail. All the while he was enjoying rat!

This was a true story and the man sued!
I hope I did not violate any rule in telling this story.

5th Feb, 2008 - 6:22pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Fascination Chicken Trinidad

No, you did not violate any rules and I am not surprised if it happened, although it does sound like one of those urban legends.

30th May, 2008 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Fascination Chicken Trinidad

This is a funny thread and I am enjoying it immensely!

Imagine someone coming from a place with their own cultural specialty food (dog meat, rat meat, fill in your own favourite) and come down on Trinis for liking chicken so much! People are not playing they are good! My proper English will certainly destroy the Trini equivalent of that phrase! Asi is la vida!

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2010 - 12:46am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination

Name: Marshaoz

Comments: LDS and JB should definitely go back to their own countries where no one apparently eats chicken all of the time. Even though Chicken is the most commonly eaten meat in most countries on earth. Maybe these two are from another planet.
Chicken as a food source has nothing to do with being black or African American or anything else, it's just one of the most versatile meats out there, you can bake it, fry it, stew it, curry it...something to do with chicken in every culture on the face of this planet.

I've live in the US now but I lived in Trinidad and the UK also for a while, and I'm sad to inform JB and LDS that I have never noticed that there was an affinity for chicken in Trinidad. I noted that they ate goat, pork, beef and duck just as often as chicken. You need to experience more of the world and other cultures before you make unfounded stereotypical statements.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Useless off topic content removed.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jan, 2010 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination - Page 5

international QUOTE (Marshaoz)
LDS and JB should definitely go back to their own countries...

Sometimes you want to respond to these Guest replies with something worth debating intelligently, but the ignorance is so intense that it makes it difficult at times. I honestly do not understand the point Marshaoz is trying to make, maybe his love for chicken has an emotional attachment and thus it make this Thread a sensitive subject for him?

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2010 - 7:59pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad Chicken Fascination Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 5

Australian KFC Ad comes under fire for being racist, Discuss it here: Source 3

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Trinidad Chicken Fascination

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,