How do you measure Successful Parenthood? - Page 4 of 7

I've read all good takes. I guess - Page 4 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Mar, 2012 - 9:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Every good parent's question?
6th Jan, 2007 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

How do you measure Successful Parenthood? - Page 4

I enjoyed reading everyones opinion on being a successful parent. I am having that issue right now. I am super active in my church with a lot of different values than my husband. He is a good man just not a church goer. His values are different than mine. I am most worried about my son who tends to follow his father. My greatest dream is for my son to follow his uncle an become a missionary one day.
Paintingblue

Sponsored Links:
26th Apr, 2007 - 8:32pm / Post ID: #

Parenthood Successful measure you How

For myself I will rate my success on when they leave the nest do they return back to me. If so then I have gave them something they respected and valued growing up.

The plus for the A+ I seek would be that they are good men that love and respect the world around them, stand their ground when required, and seek a family of their own to love and cherish.

I fully expect them to hit bumps on the way I just trust their good judgment and in God to help them stay from truly evil acts when I can not be with them.

After all a fathers love is unending no matter what may transpire. If your child falls do you not pick them up and help them to walk again?

I know one thing that will not make me a success as a father that is providing the material world...things will never make a child happy or grateful or respectful. So worldly possessions or how much money one makes will never be a marker for me.

The responses were truly awesome in this thread thanks all who responded!

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2010 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

How do you measure Successful Parenthood? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Humphrey

Comments: Upon reading all entries in this thread...I guess, only Malexanders post touched my heart. Also. his words are deep. "How do you know a successful parent?". I suppose that question in meant for evaluation for every parent in the world. "Evaluation"... Ring any bells.... Basing from that word...I think there's no point of doing that in the beginning. Because I think in the end part of you being a parent, that is the time you can evaluate yourself if you are being a good parent.

Is there a universal way to eat a chicken...? Or to roast a beef...? I guess not. So I guess same goes with being a parent. Knowing you as a successful parent or not is not the point...but seeing your children becoming successful on their own individual life is already enough to say "YOU RAISED THEM WELL"... Because children are the reflection of a home and a parent.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2010 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Parenthood Successful measure you How

Name: Lisa

Comments: I think if your kids grow up to respect yourselves and those around you then you were successful. Everything else is really up to them and what they want to do in life.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:16am / Post ID: #

How do you measure Successful Parenthood?
A Friend

Parenthood Successful measure you How

To answer this you need to find a definition of parenthood.

international QUOTE
the state of being a parent

Great, I thought it would be more complicated then that, oh will I digress. But then you have to measure Successful. However a success would be relative. So you as a parent must decide what you would value for your kid as a goal. I wouldn't try too narrow of an approach. If you want to have a kid who becomes an Engineer then they become a Musician you didn't succeed did you?

Me personally I would try and raise my kid without any genderizing or social constructs. By which I mean, don't paint the room blue or pink, don't buy them action figures or dolls, let them choose what they want to play with. Let my kid learn about the world in the most objective way possible. If my kid grows up and wants to goto church, I will take them to church, I won't tell them the teachings are against what I believe until they understand that they are their own being and don't have to follow anyone. I would want for my kid to be self-aware and independent, it's the key to becoming empathetic and understanding the world, and I would present them the world without any bias.

But that's assuming I have kids.

12th Jan, 2012 - 10:54pm / Post ID: #

Well look at how their kids turned out. If their kids are well mannered, they were successful in that department. If they are healthy they are successful. If the child does well in school they are successful. There are many ways to measure this.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Mar, 2012 - 3:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

How you measure Successful Parenthood - Page 4

Just giving a different view on this for a second. Isn't measuring the "success" in any fashion just a parents' way of getting justification that they've done everything they can think of to raise their children correctly?

I truly believe once my child has left the nest with everything I can teach her, lodged somewhere in her brain, It's up to her. If she feels what she is doing with her life is a success and she's happy. What more can I ask for?

23rd Mar, 2012 - 9:26am / Post ID: #

How you measure Successful Parenthood Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 4

I've read all good takes. I guess it is easy to view this from the side of the parent but what about the opinion of the child? If a child going through life can always recall life lessons being taught to help them in heir own lives, things like "Mom always used to say..." or "My father taught me that..." then you were a success because it is all about passing on what you know to your children. On the other hand failing parents are the ones that don't do this and either just leave their kids to do their own thing or aren't their period when their children needed them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: How do you measure Successful Parenthood?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,