Obesity in Children - Obese Kids - Page 2 of 4

Should parents be an example? Sure but if - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 7th Jun, 2010 - 5:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2005 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Obesity in Children - Obese Kids - Page 2

OVERWEIGHT KIDS RISK BROKEN BONES, JOINT PROBLEMS

Children who are overweight face more than future health problems. They appear to have broken bones and joint problems more often during childhood than kids of normal weight, research suggests.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/diet.fitnes...s.ap/index.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Jun, 2006 - 2:11pm / Post ID: #

Kids Obese Children Obesity

STRICT PARENTING CAN LEAD TO OBESE KIDS

"Clean your plate or else!" and other authoritarian approaches to parenting can lead to overweight children, a new study finds.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/parenting/0...y.ap/index.html

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2006 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Obesity in Children - Obese Kids Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

MORBID OBESITY IN TODDLERS LINKED TO LOWER IQ

Excess weight may take a toll on young, developing brains, say researchers who found a link between morbid obesity in toddlers and lower IQ scores later in life.
Ref. https://www.cbc.ca/story/health/national/20...obesity-iq.html

Post Date: 13th Feb, 2010 - 11:06am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Kids Obese Children Obesity

Obesity 'set' before age of two

The "tipping point" that sets children on the way to a lifetime of obesity often occurs before the age of two, say US researchers. Ref. Source 1

14th Feb, 2010 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Kids Obese Children Obesity

This problem is a multi headed beast. In that it is not one thing usually contributing to the obese child. They are fed wrong, have no were safe to play, and play indoors with video games only among other things.

I blame the government and corporations who allow and encourage junk food to be fed to our kids. Also in America we don't live in a society were you can just open the door and let you kids run free any more. Thus forcing them to stay inside much more and play video games ect...

Parents want to please their kids but have to cook fast. I see a problem were children are determining what they eat. By crying or claiming they can't eat healthy foods because they don't like it. So parents break down and feed them some commercialized food that kids think they love.

It is up to the parents to make the children eat well. As for exercise I don't know a great solution.

15th Feb, 2010 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

Obesity in Children - Obese Kids

I agree with Oliron here, and to some extent, all of these things were present in my own childhood, and I was 180 lbs. And I had to have "husky" jeans in an early grade, 7th I think, and it hasn't gotten better since then.

I was diagnosed with high blood pressure and something called syndrome X when I was about 19 and my family (uncle and aunt) cooked mostly good healthy stuff like stir fry and I wasn't allowed to eat but a small amount of bread and drink water or unsweet tea or sometimes diet pop and got "down" to 230 lbs. But still felt enormous and looked that way in the mirror, to myself. Now in pictures I see how relatively good I looked, but one day about a year after losing the weight, I just drifted back into my regular routine and am now over 300 lbs, though I still don't look totally awful, my pictures which I've uploaded here definitely show my problem.

I believe some people have a genetic struggle as well, besides their environment, being spoiled and inactive, but when all of these factors converge in one place and time on a kid, it would take an extreme amount of vigilance on the part of parents to fend off the resulting "disorder", especially if they could not impress upon the child the need to also personally be responsible and aware of their diet and need to refrain from overeating and sweets and such.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 1st Mar, 2010 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Obesity Children Obese Kids - Page 2

Heart warning in obese children

Obese children as young as three years old show signs of future heart disease, say US researchers. Ref. Source 8

7th Jun, 2010 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

Obesity Children Obese Kids Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

Should parents be an example? Sure but if they are not I think society also has a responsibility like schools, etc where there should be only healthy choices for the kids. Unfortunately, it's not the case.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Obesity in Children - Obese Kids

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,