Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?

Why Teenagers Popular School - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 14th Apr, 2003 - 1:37am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »
  Why Teenagers Want Popular At School
25th Mar, 2003 - 4:16pm / Post ID: #

I talked with Xtra about it before. It seems like Americans and Canadians teenagers do anything to become popular at school. I mentioned these two countries because I don't know if happens everywhere. I know it didn't happen in my country when I went to school.
What's the big deal about being popular at school? What 'benefits' the person get from it?. What a teenager must do to become popular? And how the teachers treat those kids?

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Mar, 2003 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Popular To Teenagers Why

I guess some kids want to be popular because they feel self concious and they don't know how to be themselves so they want to be like the cool kids who know who they are.  I wasn't popular and I liked it that way.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2003 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I don't know if this is tue but in the USA Teen shows there are always different groups and the jocks and the cheerleaders are popular so maybe that's how you become popular?

over here we don't really have that. of course there are popular people at my school. I think at the end of the day everyone wants to feel like they belong, we're social beings aen't we. Some people wanted to feel loved more I guess, may that's a similar reason why people become famous?

In my school I don't think popular people are treated differently.

31st Mar, 2003 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

I talked with Xtra about it before. It seems like Americans and Canadians teenagers do anything to become popular at school.

I have been in high school in the USA so I know about it. It seems to revolve around the beautiful and handsome or the most talented. I was the 'average' guy, but because I came fom an 'unknown' culture it was easy to be accepted by both groups (the popular and the unpopular)

In Trinidad it is different though. Although you can get popular there is the risk of it working against you because those who are not as popular give you a hard time. It is good to one point in that it keeps everyone in check and makes sure that no one is above another.

Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I dont know how popular i am, but at my school we dont really judge people by how popular they are. Basically, im just friends w/ everybody. We dont really have a popularity contest. No one really cares. No, i dont get alot of boyfriends, i have had 4 this year, but thats fine w/ me cuz i could care less about it. I am in middle school right now, so prolly when i get to high school things will definantly change about the popularity thing. Im sure it will. I just dont know why people care so much about being popular. Sometimes i think that the popular people dont like themselves. Like they have to have a totally different idenity at school. But thats just my guess.
I would hate to be popular cuz then everyone would know everything about my life and im not that type of person.
Honestly, who cares if ur popular or not?

13th Apr, 2003 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

It seems like to be popular you have to be rich and beautiful and of course mean LOL . We don't have that popularity thing in Argentina, I gues that's why it's such a fascinating thing to know about.  It would be nice to be popular for the right reasons, that people likes you for what you are not for what you pretend to be or for what you give. You know, being you!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Apr, 2003 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Teenagers To Popular School

Ok i dont know where all this come from, but at my school and other schools in my town, being popular usually means (this is pretty shallow...but im just telling the truth) you wear name brand clothes ie.-- abercrombie and fitch, american eagle, j crew etc. , you have lots of friends, drive a nice car (BMW,Benz), your parents have some money, care what you look like, party on the weekends, play sports or be a cheerleader  and get good grades. I dont mean to sound like a b(word) or anyhthing...but i have all of those. being popular isnt easy, but im sure that for the ppl who choose not to care it isnt easy for them either. All of my friends-- including myself do our homework and get good grades-- we dont smoke(anything for that matter), an occasional drink and stuff..   We are not "Mean" to people i am very involved in my school with sports and groups, yes we do have our own "group" but i am friends people from all different groups. Highschool is tough, demanding, and by no means easy and if you dont have friends (everyone in this world has at least ONE friend) or are bullied it can be a living hell...but what i am saying is that it is not always the "popular" people who are these so called Mean/bullies  it can be the other way around too..

14th Apr, 2003 - 1:37am / Post ID: #

Why Teenagers To Popular School Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Ok i dont know where all this come from, but at my school and other schools in my town, being popular usually means (this is pretty shallow...but im just telling the truth) you wear name brand clothes ie.-- abercrombie and fitch, american eagle, j crew etc. , you have lots of friends, drive a nice car (BMW,Benz), your parents have some money

'some' money ? lol  to give their kid a M. Benz to go to school, definetly they must have a LOT of money lol.

are what you look like, party on the weekends, play sports or be a cheerleader  and get good grades.

Come on, most of the kids who are popular not always have good grades, the ones that play sports beg their coach for help when it's time for grades and other who are involved in a very busy social life partying a lot don't have good grades either. Now, I'm not saying that a popular kid cannot have good grades, I'm sure there are lots of them but definetly it's not the majority.

All of my friends-- including myself do our homework and get good grades-- we dont smoke(anything for that matter), an occasional drink and stuff..   We are not "Mean" to people i am very involved in my school with sports and groups, yes we do have our own "group" but i am friends people from all different groups. Highschool is tough, demanding, and by no means easy and if you dont have friends (everyone in this world has at least ONE friend) or are bullied it can be a living hell...but what i am saying is that it is not always the "popular" people who are these so called Mean/bullies  it can be the other way around too..

But that's it, the evaluation that each popular kid should ask themselves is: are those people really MY friends or they're just associates? There is a huge difference between the two of them. Now you have to admit that lots of popular kids are bullies and they do bother other kids who are not as popular as they are. Now, why in the world someone can be bullied because doesn't have any friends? I would feel sorry for that kid instead of bothering him about it. It doesn't make any sense. Yes, other kids who are not popular are bullies too of course but the main thing here is that those kids who are popular and think they have friends maybe they don't really have them as friends because when the times get tough and real life comes in to play, those same 'friends' dissapear...who knows, to be with someone more popular that the same kid. I'm not trying to put popular kids down but to make it sound more realistic. Just the fact that a kid must have certain type of clothes in order to be popular and accepted shows that a person must pretend to be something in order to 'join' a certain kind of group. If a so called 'friend' thinks that I'm not cool because I'm not wearing an American Eagle jeans, something so absurd and ridicolous then why in the world I will want somebody like that as my friend??? He/she never was my friend in the first place if the only concern they have is the way I look rather on who I am or how I feel.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,