Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 3 of 8

QUOTE My parents let me drive a benz to school, - Page 3 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 17th Oct, 2003 - 12:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
  Why Teenagers Want Popular At School
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2003 - 10:54am / Post ID: #

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?
A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 3

It seems like to be popular you have to be rich and beautiful and of course mean LOL

Okay, so I'm not popular...I don't consider myself it, but some people think I am just because I know a lot of people. And I know that not all popular people are mean, usually we're just separated into jocks/cheerleaders and music freaks/studiers. I mean, I consider myself a music freak, and it's just not the "in" thing, you know. The people that are popular do wear name brand clothes (A&F), and yes, you're right, it's a crisis not to have a boyfriend/girlfriend.

I've had a hard time of convincing myself of this, but popularity doesn't mean anything. Sure, maybe it will get you the vote on being Class President. But if you're not "popular", but kind to everyone, the word will spread and people will like you for your qualities, not your popularity percentage.

You have to accept yourself and not strive for popularity (another thing that is hard for me to do). The popularity barrier will never really be gone and when those popular people that talk to some of the people they consider "geeks", don't take it as a truce or act of acceptance...usually they're mocking you. But sometimes, they're not. You can tell, I mean, when a real nice girl compliments me on something, I know that she means it. She has a reputation for being nice and honest, whereas if a girl who has a reputation for being rude and stoned all the time compliments me on something, usually they start busting out laughing with their friends, like its some private joke and that private joke is me. I'm getting off topic kinda...I know, you're thinking "What kind of psychobabble is she talking about?"

Anyways, my point being -- people just don't get it that popularity isn't everything. It's just something that they try to get their hands on so they can say that they weren't a "nobody". But being a nobody isn't so bad.

Sponsored Links:
26th Jun, 2003 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

School Popular To Teenagers Why

Thanks for your comments. wink.gif I lived in a country where we don't have the popularity issue in our high-schools. Most of the things I know about it is from watching movies (and I thought it was just that 'movie stuff) but talking with some of my friends they told me yes that popularity is a big issue in high school in the USA.
Anyhow, most of American kids say they don't care much about popularity but the fact is that in real action is all the opposite, I mean we know that is not important and stuff but I wonder if teenagers really believe so or they just try to convince themselves on that to not suffer some kind of dissapointment.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2003 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I remember one girl at school that was popular and she seemed to be the dream for every jock to be with, but when I got to know her I discovered she really did not like herself and had many other problems that caused her to be very depressed. Sometimes you think someone is all that but they have problems like anyone else.

Post Date: 14th Jul, 2003 - 7:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 3 School Popular To Teenagers Why

As a Teen in a USA Highschool. I am popular. Everyone is "popular". Everyone knows everyone else. Everyone knows what grade you are in and what kind of people you hang out with. There is just a select number of people that for some reason want to be noticed more than others. And they are called the "Popular Group" of course that is just a name. Nothing really to over analyse about. They just like to use that name for the wealthy, on the football team, or a cheerleader, and  I'm better than you club. As a senior I say WHO CARES. Everyone is as important as everyone else, and should try to understand that.  It really won't matter one bit after High School is over. They know that too. Teachers should also not pick favorites, but it is hard as a student to see that they are people to. I remember me and my friends meeting at the mall then seeing our teacher in the food court. We were like "THEY HAVE A LIFE OF THEIR OWN." Anywayz. Popularity is only and idea.............Everyone really knows everyone in High School. It's if the whole world knows you, that really is the Popular people, and the real famous people don't make others feel worthless, they are cool and down to earth, for example Drew Barrymoore, my fav,  they make us feel good about ourselves or make a different in the world. Those are the true popularity. I wish that all teens could see outside the "box" make a difference in the world.

14th Jul, 2003 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

School Popular To Teenagers Why

Caroline wow, what a great post. Thanks for your comments. It's great to know there are teenagers out there like you who can make a difference in the way people think and act, it's great to know you think that way. smile.gif

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2003 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think everyone wants to fit in but I think it is funny how everyone knows who the popular kids are but nobody likes them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Oct, 2003 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Teenagers To Popular School - Page 3

Ok i dont know where all this come from, but at my school and other schools in my town, being popular usually means (this is pretty shallow...but im just telling the truth) you wear name brand clothes ie.-- abercrombie and fitch, american eagle, j crew etc. , you have lots of friends, drive a nice car (BMW,Benz), your parents have some money, care what you look like, party on the weekends, play sports or be a cheerleader  and get good grades.

Ok, as i was reading i realized this kinda described me.  There are about 600 kids in my high school.  My parents let me drive a benz to school, i live two blocks from the school...i guess i can be popular but i kinda choose not to.  I don't think there any popular people in my school.  They all just hang out with their friends.  The group that i would say is most known are the girls volleyball players and the guys that drink and just don't care about anything.  They just have common interests and stuff.  No one really likes our cheerleaders (this is shallow) because they weighed more than our football team....yeah, its very sad.  Anyways, I float between groups, i'm pretty much friends with everyone, there are the odd people i don't hang out with or get along with but generally no one hates me...i hope.  I just try and make everyone feel wanted at school.  
^ that whole thing i wrote is very unorganized and jumps all over the place.  Have fun reading smile.gif

17th Oct, 2003 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Why Teenagers To Popular School Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 3

My parents let me drive a benz to school, i live two blocks from the school...i guess i can be popular but i kinda choose not to.

Yeah...and you prove that you 'kind  choose not' by actually driving a benz to school even though you live two blocks away...*yawning* :smile.gif gimme a break lol

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,