Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 7 of 8

Here in Slovenia it doesn't really - Page 7 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 28th Nov, 2004 - 10:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 
  Why Teenagers Want Popular At School
Post Date: 12th Feb, 2004 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?
A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 7

Most schools have a "popular group" with the girls and guys that dress the best and have the most money...something like that. Period...

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2004 - 1:43am / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Popular To Teenagers Why

I am currently in Grade 8 of a Middle School in Canada. I seem to have an easy enough time making friends, but I don't try as hard as I can, or be anyone who I am not.
If someone doesn't like how/who I am or my beleifs, they won't be my friend, and I won't care.
Xtra, I DO hang out in the popular crowd, and yes, it does consist mostly of boys and girls who dress the nicest and have lots of money. But, it's not totally like that...
We also hang around with people from every group. But in one case this kid went way too far...
There is a kid in my class, he has to be the most annoying kid in the world. He jumps around like an idiot, makes stupid noises like an idiot, and expects us to think him cool. He wants to be liked so much it's not funny, but it doesn't work. I can really see why... Then, between classes, this kid comes up and shoves me into a locker like he's my friend or something. Along with being annoying, he also thinks he is better than everyone at something. I mean, everyone HATES this kid. He pushes people around, (because he is taller and/or bigger than most of the kids) makes fun of people who are actually much cooler than him, and makes himself look like an idiot all the time.
Not only do the kids hate him, but so do the teachers because he makes comments all during class, and never hands in his assignments. How does this kid expect to be popular doing what he's doing?

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2004 - 12:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Back before I moved, I was always teased and talked about behind my back by the popular group. Sad thing was it was for being creative, an artist. I was always the quiet one and off to myself until new groups pulled me in, learned about me, and then backstabbed me. So for years I didn't have friends. Eventually I found a better group of friends that liked me for being myself, and we all decided we never wanted to be popular. Then I got sick. It was pathetic, for the three months I was in that hospital, I recieved so many things from the popular crowd. Roses, cards... But it was so easy to see that they were doing it to make them feel good about themselves. Visit the sick girl and clear your sins. But I took it and forgot about it for awhile. When I finally moved to where I am now, and started up at my new school, I found that the school was different than any other I'd ever imagined. You couldn't figure out any person's age or grade they were in, all the groups mixed with each other. The artists, the musicians, the actors, the dancers... And best of all there were no sports, no competition. I found the best friends I've ever had there, and even a freshman that I made my little sister. I have no regrets for ever earning such an experience. Ending high school without worries of descrimination from the higher crowds was a great relief.

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2004 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 School Popular To Teenagers Why

Because you get that feeling that you are loved if you are popular....

Post Date: 11th Nov, 2004 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Popular To Teenagers Why

Popular does'n help you very much once you get out of school:) But is true what they say: Is was not that biger deal in my highscool in Romania

12th Nov, 2004 - 12:08am / Post ID: #

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 25-Mar 03, 1:16 PM)
I don't know if happens everywhere. I know it didn't happen in my country when I went to school.

It happens in Israel too, but I agree - much more in the United States. Maybe it's because of the movies... undecided.gif

I don't know, just throwing this as a possibility. When me and my sister lived in Israel, we watched all of these teen shows, where the chearleader dates the football player, and liked it - but didn't really except it to be an accurate description of real life. But we came here and it is pretty much like in the movies and series. Now it's either the teens were inspired by the movies, or the movies by the teens. laugh.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2004 - 10:09am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Teenagers To Popular School - Page 7

I honestly,do not think it matters, wheather or not you are popular.What should matter,is that you keep your own mind.Sometimes kids in school will make fun of you,because you're not in a 'popular group'.Really, the whole popular thing is a huge matter of ignorance.Why have clicks in school? Aren't we there to learn,and further our education for our future? Are we really there to make enemies? Making friends is fine,but having to go to school with people who dispise you just because you think different than most,is ridiculous.I had to go to school with not many friends at all.Did it matter? No.It was lonely,and hard to accept the fact that people didn't like you for basically no reason,but I delt.It's horrible how some kids are picked on so badly,we're all humans,we're all a bit different.Can't the meanies learn that?

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2004 - 10:39am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Teenagers To Popular School Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 7

Here in Slovenia it doesn't really matter if you are popular or not but it helps you at some occasions. Usually the people at first grade of High School are simply ignored mostly and are made fun of just because they're new. But if you gain respect of the older students it doesn't hurt. Its sure better to be greeted and accepted instead of been made fun of at school isn't it ?

+  « First of 8 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,