Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 2 of 8

At my age what makes you popular, and makes - Page 2 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 3rd Jun, 2003 - 5:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »
  Why Teenagers Want Popular At School
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2003 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?
A Friend

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? - Page 2

not all popular people are the bullies that pick on people. and not all popular people are "perfect"... Im the kinda person that doesnt give a dime what other people say about me or think about me..forget all them people. I only care about the people i love..and i only care what they think about me. I'm popular yeah a lot of people know me..but that doesnt make me a bullie or a mean person or a bad student at all.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd May, 2003 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

School Popular To Teenagers Why

sometimes i watch the girls in the popular group and they look so madeup. i don't think it is the real them. i dont want to be like them!

2nd May, 2003 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

sometimes i watch the girls in the popular group and they look so madeup.

What do you exactly mean by madeup?. Too much make up and stuff? lol

Post Date: 27th May, 2003 - 11:32am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 School Popular To Teenagers Why

If you take the word 'popular' at face value, it means that you are liked/are friends with a lot of people.  I'd have to say that most people in this world like being liked.  However, it often becomes almost an obsession during the teen years, to the point where people are willing to give up their own identities for friends.  This is probably because during this time, people tend to have very low self esteem, and would therefore value their identities less, and be willing to trade them away for popularity.  Just a thought...

27th May, 2003 - 1:04pm / Post ID: #

School Popular To Teenagers Why

Sweeter, that's so true. I think has a lot to do with self-esteem and self-confidence. I really hope that teenagers can realize that you don't have to pretend to be somebody else to be accepted by a group. True friends like you for who you are!, the ones who wants you to change are not real friends and they will never be with you when you really need them.
Welcome to the forum by the way! wink.gif

Post Date: 28th May, 2003 - 5:46pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Some children might not get that much attention at home example if there perants are always busy with work and that.
They feel bored and want attention so becomeing popular is their main concern, and the only way to get attention!!

Some other children may lack confidence in themselves and don't like themselves, so the only way to reasure them that they are nice people is if other children like them if (popular) kids like them, however sometimes popular kids are "used" by other kids who are not popular they think that if they are friends with a popular person it will gain them more friends.

There are many types of popular the one school kids most associate as being popular is if it is a cool person who is always on the go and never lets anyone walk over them with a strong character and very enthusiastic wether rich poor or clever or stupid its there character that makes them.

Then there is an other type of popular that most adults would like to be its the one were you dont try to be better then everyone else, if you are a naturally kind person who likes people and feels sorry for the one who is bullied then you will naturally become liked for who you are, and gain a lot of trough friends who like you for your loving nature, not for what you pretend to be. And they wount leave you if others do, because there reason for being you friend is because they have found a loving caring nature in you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th May, 2003 - 8:34pm / Post ID: #

Why Teenagers To Popular School - Page 2

Some children might not get that much attention at home example if there perants are always busy with work and that.

That is very true! Also, they may be home, but only in body, they do not use quality time with their children.

There is one kind of popular not mentioned... the infamous kind where the individual does things to gain fame in a negative way to command an 'untouchable' state. This really is only to seek attention and love (yeah it is true, don't try to squirm) LOL.

Post Date: 3rd Jun, 2003 - 5:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Teenagers To Popular School Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 2

At my age what makes you popular, and makes
you fit in is if you have a boyfriend (or girlfriend).

But, how do you get there if you aren't already
popular???  I think most teen who aren't yet
dating - want to - but are afraid to approach
someone to make the first move.

I found this cool web site that helped me...
url erased

It finds out for you if someone you are interested
in, is interested in you.  They don't know you
like them unless the feeling is mutual.  Cool idea,
and it worked for me (it's free too!).

[edit]Admin: I hate when a user spams! Text and URL erased. This is the second time and so this member is deleted.[/edit]

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: Why Do Teenagers Want To Be Popular At School?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,