Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 14 of 21

Yup, here is another study that shows how - Page 14 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 11th Feb, 2017 - 2:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...Latest (21) »
Video Available Video - WARNING - contains graphic content - This Thread does not only deal with the abuse animals go through so that you can have your steak or drumstick, but this Thread also deals with the risks of eating meat: the spreading of disease and major health concerns. Being vegeterian /vegan.
20th Jan, 2017 - 8:45pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 14

international QUOTE (Thomaslee @ 13-Jan 17, 4:22 AM)
I still do not believe the answer is a vegan diet so much as simply refusing to buy meat, dairy, and sea food from those who treat the animals in such an unethical manner. More, to demand they change their practices and do all they can to truly minimize the pain suffered or how the process while not trying to hide such from the public eye.

I see this reasoning being shared a lot among meat-eaters as a way to justify the fact that they pay people to kill the animals they will consume. Most people choose to eat meat because they like the taste, period and they do not care how that meat reached the plate and even knowing an animal was tortured and killed they just simply cannot make a connection or care to make one. But I hardly see people admitting that, I read tons of reasons why they will never give up but none of them they seem to accept the fact that they simply do not care about the animals.

There isn't such a thing as a humane slaughter, it's an oxymoron just like there isn't such a thing as humane slavery or humane holocaust. Even more when the living beings in question, the victims, are not essential for anyone's sustenance. So stopping buying from someone who does not kill animals "Correctly" or "Ethically" is absurd.

international QUOTE
but all in all the very act of choosing to eat meat or kill for food is in my eyes no different from any other predator or omnivore.

When your "Choosing" has a victim, it is no longer a personal choice.

Sponsored Links:
21st Jan, 2017 - 3:07pm / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

May I offer an alternate consideration, since I am fairly confidant you and other vegetarians or vegans with ever convince even half the world to stop consuming meat and dairy or the “slaughter” of animals for food even in the USA alone… may I offer this consideration, instead of trying to slam against a wall which will not break?

Lets consider the issue that I feel even “Meat Eaters” can get behind. The very clearly inhumane and unethical treatment of animals in so many farms and slaughterhouses. I do believe most would agree that there is very much far more cruelty that is found then needed, and while one may argue there is no such thing as a humane way of killing animals for food I do feel much could be done to greatly lessen the pain and suffering so many animals face in such conditions.

I feel an argument can be made that the real problem and real health epidemic is that so many, especially in the USA, consume far more then they actually need. Moderation in all things, as even that which is healthy can become harmful if taken into excess. So many stuff themselves with so much meat, fried foods, fats and oils, sugars, and junk food or fast food in general that is is causing obesity and diabetes among other health issues.

With this farms, slaughterhouses, and business providing the supply of such demands which I feel leads very much, at least in part, these suppliers cutting corners and leading to such cramped conditions. That because of how many go through many of the higher up find themselves uncaring of how employees go about killing the animals for meat, getting the eggs or milk, and so on as long as it brings out the supply needed. That, and so many are simply in the business of many money.

My consideration is that instead of trying to say, “The killing and eating of meat is bad, and you should feel bad”, guilt tripping people into seeing things your way often forming an antiganistic relationship with those so called “meat eaters” one could find common ground you can agree one… a compromise if you will. Most people would I feel agree that the way the animals are treated and the conditions they are in is wrong even if they may be unwilling to stop eating meat but be wiling to help at least lessen the suffering and pain.

More, instead of trying to get people from never eating meat again, the thought of encouraging a far lesser consumption of such would make far more sense and bring I feel better results. Sure it may not be ideal, as this world is so far from being such, but it would I feel lead to far greater change and more people coming together to call out farms and slaughterhouses on their practices. More, with simply less demand it would bring, or so it can be hoped, business from feeling they need to have such practices to keep up and make a profit.

Sighs, maybe though I am just talking nonsense or there can be no middle ground.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Jan, 2017 - 8:32pm

22nd Jan, 2017 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks Health & Special Psychology

international QUOTE
and while one may argue there is no such thing as a humane way of killing animals for food I do feel much could be done to greatly lessen the pain and suffering so many animals face in such conditions.

No one could logically argue that there is such a thing as humane slaughter. Certainly, it means nothing for the animals. The actual meaning of the word humane means to show compassion, how is there ever a compassionate way to torture, exploit another earthling who wants to live?

When vegans speak against animal cruelty and murder, we do it on behalf of the animals who do not have a voice and they are unable to defend themselves. I do not know any animal who willingly goes to be slaughtered like if they are completely unaware of what is happening around them.

This isn't about convincing meat-eaters to stop killing animals, this isn't about making them feel guilty because if that was the case, certainly a lot of more people would go vegan. The fact that a lot of meat-eaters are aware of what transpires in a slaughterhouse and yet want to continue participating in the torture and murder of animals, it is something that I know it exists and will continue to exist. If anyone tells me:

"Pandora, I know what the animals are going through, I know they are tortured and killed but I still want to eat meat because I like how they taste and I really do not care about animals" even though, it might be upsetting I can respect the honesty.

By the other hand, I have problem accepting arguments that try to unsuccessfully justify the pain, torture and slaughter of animals. Having said all of that, knowing that perhaps the entire world might not go vegan, it does not stop me from sharing with others (Who might be reading this) the reality of the meat, egg and dairy industry and the fact that those who consume these products are willing participants.

That's not making someone feel guilty, it is making a statement of fact. It's simple: If people do not meat and dairy, animals will not have to go through what we are discussing on a daily basis.

international QUOTE
My consideration is that instead of trying to say, “The killing and eating of meat is bad, and you should feel bad”, guilt tripping people into seeing things your way often forming an antiganistic relationship with those so called “meat eaters” one could find common ground you can agree one… a compromise if you will. Most people would I feel agree that the way the animals are treated and the conditions they are in is wrong even if they may be unwilling to stop eating meat but be wiling to help at least lessen the suffering and pain.

As an ethical vegan, it is my responsibility to let others know how animals suffer and it does not have to be this way, it can be changed. Stating a fact about animal torture and murder isn't to make meat-eaters feel guilty, we speak because animals cannot do it. About your point of encouraging people to decrease their consumption of meat, I believe it is a good method if the ultimate goal is to stop eating flesh for good.

For instance, I have no issue with someone limiting their meat and dairy intake, then slowly moving to a vegetarian diet as a stepping-stone towards veganism, not because I believe veganism is somehow "Special" but because it is the only lifestyle that seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose.

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2017 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 14 Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

What Not to Add to White Rice, Potatoes, or Pasta

Rice currently feeds almost half the human population, making it the single most important staple food in the world, but a meta-analysis of seven cohort studies following 350,000 people for up to 20 years found that higher consumption of white rice was associated with a significantly increased risk of type 2 diabetes, especially in Asian […] Ref. Source 4p.

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2017 - 9:50pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks
A Friend

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

This is another beautiful study I wonder who paid for. So, let's see here, they added tuna and that made the insulin spike. And yet we know the some of the healthiest people on the planet eat fish in their diet. Who am I talking about, Greeks and Italians eating Mediterranean diets, people from Okinawa, and people throughout Southeastern Asia with a similar Asian diet. How can that be? The key is moderation. This is pretty much true for anything food wise. Sure, burnt beef is bad, but the correct amount of protein consumed through the right type of meat is not only okay the varied diet is probably good for you.

6th Feb, 2017 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Moderation is exactly the argument in which I made previously. The problem is people consume care more meat then they need, more then the body can actually process through the system. That is what is causing so many health problems, not simply the act of eating meat itself. Diabetes, obesity, and other health issues is because of over eating and not properly eating a healthy diet with people consuming far to much meat, dairy, fats and oils, and sugars while not having enough fruits or vegetables.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Feb, 2017 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks - Page 14

Meat Consumption & the Development of Type 1 Diabetes

Meat Consumption and the Development of Type 1 DiabetesEating meat during breastfeeding is associated with an increased risk of type 1 diabetes, a consequence perhaps of meat glycotoxins or paratuberculosis bacteria that may be passed though breast milk. Ref. Source 9k.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2017 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks Psychology Special & Health - Page 14

Yup, here is another study that shows how bad meat is. I wonder how the studies about vegetarians turn out. My guess is that people that are genetically disposed towards getting this disease or that condition will get and one's diet may slow down or speed up the process a bit. I'm an omnivore, just like the rest of humanity. It's in our DNA and proven by the makeup of our teeth and our physiology. More than that, we are hunters and I think denying that aspect of our heritage is part of what makes people go bonkers. We need to hunt, 100,000 years of history pushes us towards it. It's just like breeding. Yes, I'm a meat eater. Sometimes I go out and harvest it myself and sometimes I go to my local supermarket to harvest it. What I try to do is eat it in moderation, along with the occasional sweet.

> TOPIC: Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,