Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 3 of 21

Name: Vegan Comments: Diseased dead flesh - Page 3 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 30th May, 2010 - 6:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »
Video Available Video - WARNING - contains graphic content - This Thread does not only deal with the abuse animals go through so that you can have your steak or drumstick, but this Thread also deals with the risks of eating meat: the spreading of disease and major health concerns. Being vegeterian /vegan.
27th Apr, 2010 - 6:56pm / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks - Page 3

I admit I eat meat. Being a vegetarian wouldn't work for me. Where you do buy your meat is important though and more so how you COOK it. Meat carries a lot of parasites, worms and bacteria. Improperly cooked meat is the worst ever.

Sponsored Links:
27th Apr, 2010 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

international QUOTE
That is what this pretty much boils down to...imprinting human feelings on what is an animal's life.

It is a fact that animals today are being genetically altered in their minds so that they no longer have the desire to do certain things, like walk. Many of these animals who have no feelings go insane because the mind tells them to do something and they are unable to.

If you look at a horse you can see, it wants to run sometimes, that is the way it is built, what it is designed for. If you look at any other animal you can see there are basic needs there. I don't expect someone to get all touchy feely about animals but a basic respect would be nice. They are living creatures just like humans, whether or not they can comprehend complex ideas or have deep feelings. If you take a horse and put it in a tiny cage that it cannot move in for any long period of time. It will freak out, its brain does not know how to handle the situation of not being able to function as it is designed.

It is the same for a chicken, cow, pig, what have you. They all have those basic desires to feel earth under their feet, to be able to walk around, to eat the kinds of food they were intended to eat. When you start messing around with that you are playing God. I would also go a step further and say you are desecrating one of God's creations. You are taking something that was intended to live one way, and forcing it to live a completely different way.

My problem is that I don't have a farmers market. Everything I buy comes from a store like WalMart. So I the consumer am a big part of the problem. I have to eat so becoming a vegetarian is about the easiest solution. Not that I don't like meat, I enjoy it very mutch. However if I want to try and make a difference and practice what I preach that is the easiest option I can see.

Animals don't really have a choice about what it eats. That has actually caused quite a few deaths in America that know of. In one case a 4 year old healthy boy died from eating meat that was tainted by a virus that exists in cows because they feed the cows corn now. Mad Cow disease exists because the company feeds cow back to cows. Sometimes it doesn't matter how you cook meat, it is poison one way or the other.

Many epidemics such as the bird flue exist only because the companies are forcing the animals into such disgusting conditions. We have created more diseases from how we process our animals now. But not to worry we have medical advancements that we can buy to make us all better. That is if you can afford them, otherwise you die.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2010 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks
A Friend

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks Health & Special Psychology

I have to jump in here on the corn that is fed to cows. It has been a practice for over 100 years in Iowa to feed corn to cows. Iowa corn fed beef is some of the best beef you can buy and it is very good for you. I have been eating Iowa corn fed beef all my life. I am healthy. If someone tries to say that it is because they feed corn to cows that is causing problems they are way off base.

28th Apr, 2010 - 2:31am / Post ID: #

Page 3 Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

I got the information from the Food Inc. documentary. They seemed to be pretty sure about grass being the natural food for a cow. Also that reminds me, the cows have manure all over them and that gets into the meat as well. So now they have to wash the meat with ammonia I think. I can't remember what chemical it is they use.

international QUOTE
However, corn-fed cattle draw attention to the nonclinical use of antibiotics. Antibiotics are used to promote growth and treat sick cattle, yet the cattle would not get sick if they were not fed a corn-based diet that subjects them to diseases caused by the malfunctioning of their rumen.

I pulled that quote from here Source 5 .

I may have been thinking about the manure that got into the meat other than the corn bacteria. I am pretty sure it was a bacteria that came from the cow eating corn though. Either way corn is not good for cows, it gets them fatter quicker but other than that its not really good for them.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 28th Apr, 2010 - 2:51am

28th Apr, 2010 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Risks Eating Meat Meat Eat Want Still

I am sure that there are grass born viruses that would be bad as well, so I am not going to jump on the feeding cows corn kills people. I will agree that viruses kill people and that many things can get a virus.

I have no idea what a cow thinks. I don't pretend to understand the inner workings of the cow, chicken or pig mind. This is what I mean by imprinting human feelings on animals. I can see some people think that way, but I don't. I don't think that a cow, pig or chicken wakes up in the morning and thinks about paying taxes or about what it needs to get done in that 24hrs. So in that, I really don't think that a cow, pig or chicken craves feeling the ground under their feet, but again...that is me, just as their are those that believe otherwise.

In getting back to the topic, I think that a quick death is just. I also don't believe that a majority of pigs, cows or chickens meet their end like is shown in these sensational videos. I do believe that it does happen in some instances. I think that in cases where this is found that the company needs a heavy and progressive fining system that would ultimately lead to their shutdown should they not change.

I am certain that I am not eating the "natural" food for a human, but yet we are living longer than ever today and not to mention the average height for a human continues to increase. Perhaps we should all forego the more protein rich diet that apparently our bodies like so that we could remain "natural". Or just MAYBE, we would have eaten more meat back in the day if there were better and more efficient hunting methods? If I don't eat enough protein and don't reach my optimum size arent I disappointing God? Wouldnt he want us to reach our full potential? Watch tribes that have had little to no interaction with humans on National Geographic Channel and they still throw parties around a kill of not wild grasses or roots...but MEAT...and the best hunters keep a pretty good seat in the tribe (they got the babes)!

international QUOTE
It is a fact that animals today are being genetically altered in their minds so that they no longer have the desire to do certain things, like walk.

A farm full of crippled cows would be hard to get a profit from since you would have to hand feed each one of them....cuts into that corporate profit...doubt that this is happening. Now if you want to say that breeding is being carried out to accentuate a more domesticated animal...I am cool with that (understand it and support it). Your veggies are being altered to be happier and more productive with less light and water and more resilient to desease.

All I know is that God provided all this. Jesus, who was at least a little more connected to the source than I, had no issue in ripping happy swimming fish from their fishly duties to be slaughtered and transformed into a feast. Many believe he ate lamb as well.

If you want to argue that the current diet is borderline glutony, I might be able to go there. I used to eat meat every day, but since I married a Korean woman, my meat intake has dropped in half. Of course, I am killing cabbage and rice at levels I have never done prior. However, if you find yourself throwing meat away, that might qualify as glutony and mistreatment of animals and that is not part of God's plan.

What was God's intention and more so his limitations on each animal on the planet? You got me. I can tell by looking at myself he never planned for me to fly. Is my buying a ticket on a airplane the equivalent of thumbing my nose up at him? I don't think so... I also don't believe that a human that gets their heart defibbed is defying God or the person that did the defib. I am pretty sure I was not created to travel the planet at anything greater than 15 mph at short burst, but don't think God is going to smyte me because I have a car that allows me to do what he didn't design me for.

Epidemics started when we all moved in closer together near our animals and gave up the nomadic hunter/gatherer lifestyle for farming. Yes, mad cow desease is a good example of the industry going too far with theories that are inherently flawed.

28th Apr, 2010 - 7:49am / Post ID: #

Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

international QUOTE
A farm full of crippled cows would be hard to get a profit from since you would have to hand feed each one of them....cuts into that corporate profit...doubt that this is happening. Now if you want to say that breeding is being carried out to accentuate a more domesticated animal...I am cool with that (understand it and support it). Your veggies are being altered to be happier and more productive with less light and water and more resilient to disease.

No I am saying exactly what I said. Animals are in the process of, and being genetically engineered to remove natural desires in them.

international QUOTE
Ned Hettinger, one of the few scholars to comment briefly on this use of bioengineering, remarks,

A future where descendents of chickens are wired to the floor, connected to input tubes, and do not mind because their sentience has been biotechnologically removed is not a pleasing picture of what biotechnology may bring.  There exists a significant burden of justification against the production of such monstrous transformations of living beings into mechanical, artificial modes of existence.  Prima facie, biotechnology should not be used to impoverish creatures, to strip away their capacities, or to diminish the richness of their lives.

What do you think God would have to say about treating his creations this way? This is the direction we are going with our food industry if we allow these corporations to continue down this path. You can believe whatever you want but I would ask that you try and widen your perspective. It seems you are making a lot of assumptions.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 28th Apr, 2010 - 7:54am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Apr, 2010 - 8:15am / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks - Page 3

And I would say to you that perhaps Ned's vision of the future is alarmist and an over exaggeration of Biotechnical Engineering. If you believe we are trying to develop incapacitated cattle and zombie farmlife that is harvested like a sci-fi movie, I just cant join you there.

Post Date: 30th May, 2010 - 6:02pm / Post ID: #

Still Want Eat Meat Meat Eating Risks Psychology Special & Health - Page 3

Name: Vegan

Comments: Diseased dead flesh of an animal that grew up in a filthy pen. That sounds real tempting to me, can't wait to get its parasites in me.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Still Want To Eat Meat? Meat Eating Risks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,