Mods/Scripts I always wanted

Mods/scripts Wanted - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 4th Nov, 2003 - 9:19am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
15th Apr, 2003 - 10:24am / Post ID: #

Sometimes no matter how much you post it no one takes you on. Here is some mods that I would like to see created for a 1.1 system.

RPG MOD

Okay, since the money mod is at a stand still I am posting what I would like to see in a RPG mod for anyone that would like to attempt it;

1. Each user has a 'money' or 'point' system. The ability to reward players with 'money' or 'points' for doing something, in the same way the karma mod works. Only admin can do this.

2. Have an automatic way of awarding users with the same 'money' or 'points' every time they post. This should be run by the script.

3. A market, where Admin inputs items, gives it a value and then users can click each item and its; cost is deducted from their 'money' or 'points' and the item they click on is added to their 'inventory' automatically.

If a mod like this is made then we would see stars! Maybe it is a bit impossible? I do not know?

I have everything else in my forum set up and ready for RPG (graphics, stats, classes, etc), just hoping that a point or money system will be made available so that I do not have to make a work around.

SENDMAIL CHECK

A mod to show the amount of mail being sent through YaBB. This will ensure that notifications are not over done so that if 500 people sign up for the same thread you will know that your mail server is sending 500 emails!

DICE MOD

I would like that it could be a seperate page with a table but only available to members from a certain group or username. The page will load just like any other YaBB page with the usual header and footer, etc. In the middle would be all the users that used the counter and their score.

Example. Lets say you have an RPG going on and you want members of a certain group to 'roll dice' then admin would set the parameters of the dice roll and then tell players to roll 10 times or something like that and then the results would be shown on a table - roll #1,2, 3 etc. These results can only be deleted by admin.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links:
5th May, 2003 - 10:09pm / Post ID: #

wanted I ModsScripts

Confirm Email

Users keep entering the wrong email address because they do not check it properly.

12th May, 2003 - 11:58am / Post ID: #

Mods/Scripts I always wanted Gaming Video & Issues Computer

SOLUTIONS!

Well I have been able to work some solutions for the above problems as listed below:

1. RPG - we have that system in place here, using extended profiles with some modifications was a big help.

2. DICE - Card took care of that for us - Thanks.

3. SENDMAIL CHECK - it seems like it is not possible to do something like this so we disabled notification, erased all '.mail' files from the member directory so that no one would keep getting notification. We added favorites which replaces the notification process. We also deleted all unverified members so that only members that actually posted anything would remain here.

4. CONFIRM EMAIL - using advanced member view handles this well since at a glance we can tell who actually logged on and posted. Those that do not are sent a warning and then deleted. Thus the forum only has ligit accounts.

----------------------------------------------

With the addition of the Home page mod,  rewards system and other little features we think that our forum has reached its climax. No need for new features anymore, it is just a matter of sitting back and customizing existing mods and building the community.

Unlike other boards out there we do not allow the profanity of the world to prevail. We are also consider here a select community where children can feel comfortable to post messages without their parents worrying about something bad.

If you encounter any spamming or trouble makers please contact us immediately so we can remedy the problem.

31st Jul, 2003 - 6:10pm / Post ID: #

wanted I ModsScripts

Update

We have been able to modify and adjust the code well enough that we have been able to fill all our wishes above. The only thing we need is more reliable moderators to manage our forums, too bad their isn't a script for that. LOL

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2003 - 6:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

wanted I ModsScripts

Update

We have been able to modify and adjust the code well enough that we have been able to fill all our wishes above. The only thing we need is more reliable moderators to manage our forums, too bad their isn't a script for that. LOL

Finally eh?.... How about extra.. she be a good mod ???

15th Aug, 2003 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

Finally eh?.... How about extra.. she be a good mod

I thought you were a person, not a script wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2003 - 3:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mods/Scripts I wanted

I know there is a xtrasweetgirl.mod file somewhere 'n this board but i dunno what is it for... lol

4th Nov, 2003 - 9:19am / Post ID: #

Mods/Scripts I wanted Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I believe you helped with the sub template for this forum and one or two other things that have been very helpful. Feel free to continue if you wish, I still am trying to get some sort of shopping script going as well as enable only admin to post in lock threeads. I need a more simple way though since the current mod is too complicated for my custom code. Actually it is better to have a different symbol rather than 'locked'. Maybe something that shows an 'admin thread' a thread where only he can post in.

Offtopic but,
What kind of signatures is that? laugh.gif you should invite him here to see it. He used to be a member here but allowed his account to inactive. By the way, you think you can handle being a moderator now? Will you be able to abide by and enforce our rules? The important part is the enforcement. We can give you a trial period.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mods/Scripts I always wanted

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,