YaBB Modification Help

Yabb Modification Help - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Apr, 2003 - 1:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »
Post Date: 14th Apr, 2003 - 9:25pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help

Hello. I was speaking with Bordeglobal over at BoardMod about getting some help with modifications. I finally got some spare time and I would like to upgrade my existing board but have been running into some problems. First of all, have you upgraded your board to 1.3 yet or not? I am still running SP 1.1 at the moment and didn't want to upgrade to 1.3 because of the lack of mods out there.

Here is a list of mods that I currently have installed on my board.

addsmilies2
    msn 2.0
    yams353_sp11
    yams353_profil_add_ip
    yams_353_hide_membernumb_add
    exp_bars
    cell_hover_sp1
    custom_user_titles_sp11_for_adv_im
    speed_boost
    Polls
    admin_update_sp (Edited Manually)
    advanced_imbox_sp1_11 w/ wav files
    announcement_board_sp
    biography_sp11_v16_new
    newest_member_sp1
    newthread_bugfix
    Karma_mod SP1.1
    MemberMap 2.5
    gmttime12
    readformsecurityfix2 (Edited Manually)

Here is a list of mods that I would like to add:

Add More Membergroups
    Karma Bar
    Activity Bar
    User Last Login
    Update MemberMap
    Update YaMS
    Update Advanced IMBox
    Update Polls
    (I also like your mood mod but haven't seen that before)

Are you aware of any incompatibilites with the mods I want to add/upgrade along with the ones that I have installed? Add More Membergroups is the most important one I wish to update followed by IMBox and then the Bars. Although docda_s hasn't been around in awhile so I'm not sure what to do with it. Anything you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links:
14th Apr, 2003 - 9:45pm / Post ID: #

Help Modification YaBB

First of all, have you upgraded your board to 1.3 yet or not?

No, I doubt I will be able to because I have edited the script so much that I will find nothing but imcompatible code.

Add More Membergroups is the most important one I wish to update

I wanted to install this one, but it can't with notify plus. Some of the mods comes down to which is more important to you.

The karmar and activity bar were some of the first mods that I installed. I guess that is why I had little trouble with it save for a cosmetic error that is easily fixed via some HTML code in the forum preferences. I do not remember all that I have on here. You may wish to check the thread called, 'Forum Updates' in the BGID® board near the mature discussion.

By the way, I think you can make your YaBB basically 1.2 if you install some of the security updates and one or two mods, but I believe 1.3 is very different. I have already decided to stay where I am because it can only get worse... 1.4, 1.5 then 2, 3, 4... smile.gif

Post Date: 14th Apr, 2003 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I don't see any problem with the mods you have and the ones you wish to install if you are going to stay with  sp1.1 or sp1.2.. I have decided to work on my own type of yabb a mix of sp1,sp1.1, sp1.2 and now sp1.3

if you need some help, just ask...

15th Apr, 2003 - 12:11am / Post ID: #

Help Modification YaBB

if you need some help, just ask...

Xtra, who are you speaking to? Chaos or me? If Chaos, he is already asking, I guess you want him to be more specific?

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 3:52am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

Xtra, who are you speaking to? Chaos or me? If Chaos, he is already asking, I guess you want him to be more specific?

Lets just say I was talking to the both of you..

Reconcile Edited: bwren on 20th May, 2006 - 1:35am

15th Apr, 2003 - 10:07am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help

Lets just say I was talking to the both of you..

Remember when I sent you the one file and you said it would take an expert to figure that out? Well, all my source files are like that, not only that, but I used my html skills to change it around and make it look better. Of course there is the problem of updating the 100 or more mods I have on here. It would be a monumental task to say the least, one which I am not interested in getting into. However, I would like to get a point system since Christer is not really zealous about getting it done. I think I will start a new thread about it.
Offtopic but,
Closest thing I could find to Easter wink.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help

I was about to say something about Christer but it was Carsten I was thinking of (YaMS, MemberMap, etc). I was speaking with Carsten trying to nudge him into adding the Karma level into YaMS and he seems to like the idea. Although I am no doubt that since he is one of the main players over at BM that he and all the others like Omar, BHRA, Christer, etc are swamped majorly.

Okay, back to update though and your questions. Yes I am currently running 1.1. I've added several of the security patches that have come out so I agree that it is basically 1.2 as far as I know. I imagine I will have to start with a clean install so do you recommend 1.1 or 1.2?

The code has changed greatly in 1.3 if you have not looked at it. YaBB.pl alone is incompatible with just about everything. They have reduced the lines of code in it dramatically. Which this is a good thing for the overall speed of the forums, but hits hard on the available compatible mods out there. I will try and put these in order of how important these mods are to me so maybe it will help. My forums is for a gaming community so fun mods are almost as important as functionality.

Security/Bug Fixes
    Add More Membergroups
    Advanced IMBox 2.0
    Admin Update
    Add More Smilies
    YaMS (w/ IP Logging)
    MemberMap

Experience Bar
    Karma Bar
    Activity Bar
    Cell Hover
    Custom User Titles
    Polls

User Last Login
    GMT
    Biography
    Off Topic Mod

Newest Member
    Mood Mod
    MSN

I also like the RPG mod you have running on your board, but I'm just going to take a stab and say that thing is probably a monster. The Page loaded mod would be a nice diagnostic tool as well. I would also like to have a Calendar mod of some sort if you could recommend a nice one. Also, the Ratings Mod..can you limit which boards this is active on or is it global?

Just to recap, I am currently running 1.1, although if you think that starting with a clean 1.2 install and working up from that is the best way to go as far as the Security/Bug Fixes go then that is what I will do. Just let me know which mods I should start with. I would imagine the more complex mods should go first. Add More Membergroups and Advanced IMBox will probably be the biggest problems since they are so large. Also IMBox replaces InstantMessage.pl and AMM is just a pain to install even on a clean board.

Thank you both for offering to help, I do appreciate it.

15th Apr, 2003 - 1:58pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help Computer Issues & Video Gaming

I was about to say something about Christer but it was Carsten I was thinking of (YaMS, MemberMap, etc).

Christer is on here as Krikert and Carsten as Card, so maybe they may answer that question I do not know.

I imagine I will have to start with a clean install so do you recommend 1.1 or 1.2?

I am not sure, it all depends on what you want to do. There are more mods for 1.1 than any other version at the moment, but to tell you the truth, if I had to do a revamp now, I would probably go with another system that has all the mods already installed (like PHP).

I also like the RPG mod you have running on your board, but I'm just going to take a stab and say that thing is probably a monster

I used extended profiles by Michael Pragar. It is one of my favorite mods because it really enables you to 'create other features' that people think are stand alone mods. It took quite a lot of configuring to get it how it is though.

I would imagine the more complex mods should go first.

For sure, and I would say the security ones go first because they are really the most important, especially flood protection by Ron and encrypt passwords by... can't remember who did that one.

Thank you both for offering to help, I do appreciate it.

No problem, but why do you want to upgrade anyway if everything is working out for you? When you upgrade to 1.x then they will be on 2, so I have already given up. I mostly check for security, backup a lot and hope that I can get at least one more mod made... a point system.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: YaBB Modification Help

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,