YaBB Modification Help - Page 3 of 7

I am thinking to make the voting process for - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 27th May, 2003 - 9:39am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 12:22am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 3

Excellent...worked like a charm...you're a Godess! smile.gif

Would you by any chance know the variables, or whatever the code would be to add Custom User Titles and a persons stars to their profile? I'll be glad to get you any code that you may need. I've tried severial variables but can't seem to get anything to come up in profile.pl other than plain HTML.

i am not very familiar with that mod, but i tell you what, send me the code and i'll see what i can do...

Ashley

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 3:37pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

Here is the Custom Users Title mod. This should be all you need but if you require something else please let me know.

custom_user_titles_sp11.zip

As for getting the users stars (or other image) I'm not sure what code you would need. Since I have Add More Membergroups I am not sure if that is going to make a difference as far as the variables are concerned on what images (stars or other) appear. I originally looked at Display.pl and found all kinds of stuff in there, but I am still trying to learn how YaBB is coded so I am extremely slow with it.

Thanks Ashley! (I'm Alex BTW)

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help Gaming Video & Issues Computer

OoOk Alex here we go again....

in profile.pl

Search for

CODE

sub ViewProfile {

Replace with
CODE

sub ViewProfile {
       require "$sourcedir/Title.pl";

search for
CODE

fopen(FILE, "$memberdir/$INFO{'username'}.dat");
     @memsettings=;
     fclose(FILE);
     chomp @memsettings;

add after
CODE

fopen(FILE, "$memberdir/$INFO{'username'}.title");
     @titlesettings=;
     fclose(FILE);
     chomp @titlesettings;
              if($titlesettings[0] ne "") {
           $tittletext = qq~
           $titlesettings[0]
~;
     } else {
                     $tittletext = "";

}

search for

CODE

$txt{'87'}: $memberinfo

add after

CODE

$titletxt{'01'}: $tittletext

Now open english.ing

search for 1;

and add this before

$titletxt{'01'} = "User Title";

now upload both files english.ing and profile.pl

thats it!

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Page 3 Help Modification YaBB

I continue to worship the ground you float upon!

Worked like a charm...thank you very much...any idea on maybe adding a user's stars/custom image? smile.gif

If I may, do you still have the original images you used to make the zodiac mod? The color of my forums is blue and they aren't blending very well. I was going to try some different color schemes but the current images are too small and I am afraid they would be degraded too much if I worked with them.

Thank you again for all of your help smile.gif

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

I continue to worship the ground you float upon!

:smile.gif Oh my

Worked like a charm...thank you very much...any idea on maybe adding a user's stars/custom image? smile.gif

I havent looked at that part yet, but i will as soon as i get the chace ;D

can you post whatever code you find in display.pl related to showing the user's stars ?

If I may, do you still have the original images you used to make the zodiac mod? The color of my forums is blue and they aren't blending very well. I was going to try some different color schemes but the current images are too small and I am afraid they would be degraded too much if I worked with them.

Download em @ boardmod.. ( beta mod board)

Thank you again for all of your help smile.gif

No problem!! wink.gif

Ashley

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2003 - 11:05pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help

I did look in the Boardmod thread. What I was referring to was the original images that you used to make the signs from. Unless those are the originals?

As for the code you requested...I think the code is located in several places. Instead of me guessing, here is my current Display.pl file.

Display.zip

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2003 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 3

Actally the code needed to to this is in load.p

I'd take a look @ my load.pl later and get back to you with some dirty code to add in profile.pl

Ashley

27th May, 2003 - 9:39am / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 3

I am thinking to make the voting process for members who want to vote for a particular member as member of the month to be easier or more unique than just postibng a thread. I was thinking of having some sort of table that just showed the results after a form was filled, but the key would be making sure that the username was attached and that the user could only use the form once until reset by admin. I think something like:

Welcome, (username), please fill the form to vote for user of the month:

1. Who should be user of the month:  [                         ]
2. Who has the best avatar:               [                         ]

[SUBMIT]

This would then display the results with username. I know I can do this using outside scripts, but would like it yabb based.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: YaBB Modification Help

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,