YaBB Modification Help - Page 2 of 7

Excellent...worked like a charm...you're a - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Apr, 2003 - 11:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 2

Well when it comes to upgrading to 1.2/1.3 I don't really care. As long as I have the security patches I am happy. As for just upgrading my board, I want to add more features. I have installed and been playing around with other boards such as YaBBSE, VBullitin, PHPBB2, and Invision. I like the Invision Power Board the best because of the number of features it provides out of the box. Although none of the other boards seem to have the mods available that YaBB (CGI) has. I really want to have more of the functionality features found in PHP boards like the Add More Membergroups YaBB mod, but I don't want to give up all of my "Fun Mods" I currently have in YaBB like Karma, Experience, and Membermap that cannot be found in the PHP boards.

Like I said, my board is for gamers. So it is important to keep it a fun place. All of the fun mods are great extras that many people enjoy and I feel that by moving over to a different board minus those features are going to make the forums really boring. Some people use them just for posting. Although our forums is the heart of our community and having a boring forum will do nothing but hurt us. See where I am coming from?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 4:46pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

I'd say upgrade to 1.2 since most of the mods you want are already available for sp1.2... There isn't a big change in code between sp1.1 and sp1.2 so any mod would be easy to upgrade.

BTW, if you are looking into PHP forum system you might want to tyake a look here

https://phpbbfm.com/phpBBFM/home.php

that board has everything you'd ever wish, but its writen in php and its require you to have mySQL installed 'n your server.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 5:00pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Excellent xtrasweetgirl...thanks!

I'm downloading it now. This is what I have been begging people at YaBB to do for the longest of time...to release premodded versions.

I'll look over this and let you know how it goes...looks like fun so far smile.gif

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 6:55pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Page 2 Help Modification YaBB

Excellent xtrasweetgirl...thanks!

I'm downloading it now. This is what I have been begging people at YaBB to do for the longest of time...to release premodded versions.

I'll look over this and let you know how it goes...looks like fun so far smile.gif

hey no need to thank me ( thats why they call me xtrasweetgirl  ;))

Let me know how you do and if you need help just ask.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2003 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

Help Modification YaBB

Well no doubt Full Modded PHPBB2 is loaded with mods. So many it is going to take awhile to go through and test everything out...although it is the most feature packed version I have seen so far. I would probably end up turning more than half of them off because they wouldn't be needed, but it's always nice to have the option. smile.gif

I think it is going to be awhile before I convert completely from my existing forums to a new system. With all the looking I have been doing lately I feel like a kid in a candy store (OH! I want that!...and that!) hehehe. Unless I can convince myself I am going to be happy switching to anything I probably won't do it. So I think I may try upgrading YaBB right now. If I can get the addons that I listed then I'll be happy. After that I'll just wait and see what the other forums can come up with.

If I may ask, what kind of setup do you have xtrasweetgirl?

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2003 - 8:15pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help

Okay, here is the latest....I went ahead and put together a board using YaBB 1.2. I managed to get the following addons installed with only one problem that I have found so far. Here is the list and the order I installed them in.

add_more_membergroups_sp1_11
    addsmilies2_sp12
    advanced_imbox_2_sp12
    MSN 2.0
    yams402amm_sp12
    yams_402_buddy_addon
    membermap_27_sp1_sp11_sp12
    yams_402_map_addon
    Polls_3_SP12
    Polls_3_Showcase_Addon
    mbc2_sp12
    custom_user_titles_sp11_for_adv_im
    admin_update_sp12
    add_more_colors
    cell_hover_sp12
    colors_in_users_online_sp1
    biography_sp12
    recent_users_list_msn
    ratings_3_sp1_sp11_sp12
    SpoilerMod_2_sp12
    yams_402_gender_addon
    temporary_ban_3
    StickyGroup
    add_message_icons_16
    last_subject_2
    smart_dates_sp12
    SplitSplice_1_SP1-12
    newest_member_sp12
    yams4_profil_add_ip
    MemberGuests136
    inreactivestory_0_2
    ImgSize_13_sp11_sp12_sp13
    BoardIndex_Speed-Up.mod
    Karma_SP1.1.mod
    Karma Bar

I am still missing a couple and this is where you guys come in. I thought maybe you could help me squeeze around the code some way or another with the last few.

I would still like to add the Experience Bar. I was running this once upon a time and I would like to have it back. I've got the Experience Bar and Levels package but both seem to be incompatible with my current setup. Since you have all of them working on your board maybe you can help out. What do I need to do/tell you?

xtrasweetgirl, I would like to add your zodiac mod as well, but I am running into some problems. There is one snippet in particular that keeps hanging me up in Display.pl.

Code To Search For
CODE

$yymain .= qq~
            $userprofile[11]
           $postinfo

Replace Code
CODE

if($test eq $sign[0]) {
     $yymain .= qq~
$zodtxt{'2'} $sign[0]

$userprofile[11]
           $postinfo
             ~;
} else {

$yymain .= qq~
           $userprofile[11]
           $postinfo
             ~;
}

Code My In Display.pl

CODE

$yymain .= qq~
           $userprofile[11]
           $postinfo

$msub

« $counterwords $txt{'30'}: $messdate »

~;

Also, where can I get the Topic Ratings mod that is comaptible with 1.1 as well as the Off Topic Mod?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2003 - 9:54pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help - Page 2

try this :

search for

CODE

$yymain .= qq~
           $userprofile[11]
           $postinfo

replace with
CODE

if($test eq $sign[0]) {
     $yymain .= qq~
$zodtxt{'2'} $sign[0]

$userprofile[11]
           $postinfo
             ~;
} else {

$yymain .= qq~
           $userprofile[11]
           $postinfo
             ~;
}
$yymain .= qq~

that should do it .. there was a missing $yymain .= qq~  in the file try the above....

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2003 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

YaBB Modification Help
A Friend

YaBB Modification Help Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Excellent...worked like a charm...you're a Godess! smile.gif

Would you by any chance know the variables, or whatever the code would be to add Custom User Titles and a persons stars to their profile? I'll be glad to get you any code that you may need. I've tried severial variables but can't seem to get anything to come up in profile.pl other than plain HTML.

> TOPIC: YaBB Modification Help

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,