Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 7 of 17

Homes go techno as Kiwis plug in to electronic - Page 7 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 15th Aug, 2010 - 9:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.64%
  No       60.71%
  I am not sure       19.64%
Total Votes: 56
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 7th Mar, 2010 - 2:23pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 7

Bingo you touched me on that I guess it probably not a addiction its just a major desire to beat the game cause when I beat the game I usually leave it forever, then move onto the next one.

Sponsored Links:
26th Mar, 2010 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

I enjoy video games, and they help pass the time but I am very very picky about the games I will play, and even fewer of those I will continue to play. Role playing however is one of the few types of games I will try to make time for. And this is basically to keep my mind off drugs and liquor.

Post Date: 28th Apr, 2010 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Why do we play games the way we do?

What drives us to play games the way we do? What motivates us to play a game in a particular way? And what drives us to finish the games that we play? Ref. Source 4

28th Apr, 2010 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Addiction Game Overcoming

More and more as I get older I am leaning towards shooting games / action RPG's (Such as Oblivion or Fallout 3). Also games that I can sit down and play for a half hour or hour and walk away from it satisfied I have done something. Beating the game or finding every secret is not so important though I do put a lot of time into that end. More so for me now it is more important to be abe to pick it up and put it down whenever I get the feeling for it.

It is a lot more enjoyable to play a game that you have a lot of choices in. It's not so mutch fun to feel like you are locked in for x amount of hours.

29th Apr, 2010 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

There is a case now where a boy kills his brother over the PlayStation. Read about it here: Source 9

Post Date: 11th Aug, 2010 - 10:22am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That is horrible. There have been many atrocities committed over video games, but seriously, I think it's the parents fault. They should allow their kids to play, sure, but everything in moderation.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2010 - 11:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 7

Really? It's the parent's fault? Really?

Come on man. I mean, it would be presumptuous of me to assume any details about their home life, but if you're harboring a little sociopath, I'm not sure many parents know how to look for that, or to keep in in "check", as I really don't believe something like that can be "cured"...

Anyway, if you don't get angry at a game you're losing, you aren't playing the right game, in my opinion. My dad's a gamer, and he gets it. It's also a great game, if it can manage to get under your skin and terribly annoy you.

finally, that other stuff, I have a friend like that, but that's more him, then the video games. When he gets a new game? That's all he talks about. When he's making a character on D&D? That's all he talks about. When he converted to Christianity? That was all he talked about. Is there such a thing as taking video games too seriously? Sure. But I think we need to look less at the "video games", and more at the "too seriously".

Post Date: 15th Aug, 2010 - 9:35pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 7

Homes go techno as Kiwis plug in to electronic games

The average Kiwi electronic-game player is over 30, a new study shows. Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,