Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 8 of 17

The most important way to get rid of a game - Page 8 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th Feb, 2011 - 12:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 17 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.30%
  No       61.40%
  I am not sure       19.30%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2010 - 2:23am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 8

Game-obsessed mum neglects kids, pets

A British mother who became obsessed with a computer game let her two dogs starve to death and neglected her three children. Ref. Source 9

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Sep, 2010 - 2:22am / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

I can see a person getting addicted to the internet and gaming but I do not see how kids that age were not able to make sure the pets were fed and watered. I do not understand why they could not heat themselves up some food or eat sandwiches. I guess I do not understand how some of this happened. I am sure the kids are better off for now. I hope their mom gets some help and is soon reunited with her kids.

10th Nov, 2010 - 5:12pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

I used to play Everquest for god awful amounts of time about 8 years ago, I think a lot of it was to kind of glaze over the fact that I was at least mildly depressed form getting laid off and didn't know how to handle it. I don't play games nearly as much as I used to but I also have a wife and 2 young boys and a pretty busy life so I don't generally have the time that I used too either. I wish I could dedicate more time to gaming in general, whether its playing Mtgo or paper, Settlers of Catan or any of my Xbox 360 games.

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2010 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 8 Addiction Game Overcoming

Technology Addiction and Virtual Reality
By Charles Sullivan

The pervasive addiction to complex technology has led to the evolution of a passive consumer culture that is incapable of acting in its own self-interest. Ref. Source 7

3rd Dec, 2010 - 1:54pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

I would say I am some what of an addict, but like many others it depends on the game. I usually spend hours on sports game like NBA 2K or any Fifa game. I love playing the franchise mode and to be in control of the team finance and other miscellaneous things that go with being a general manager. I mean its so realistic to the basic points of course, but realistic enough for me to get lost into a world of my own. Last game I played was the latest Final Fantasy game for the PS 3 and I stayed up for 2 days straight just playing that game. I'm addicted to the games that are fun to me.

Post Date: 22nd Dec, 2010 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I would say I was addicted to gaming but now I'm almost cured I think. They are all so boring now. I need something a bit more engaging and less graphical I want to see things in my mind not on screen. I would play so much I ignored everybody and everything and wouldn't keep up hygiene even. A friend called me on it once but since then I hardly ever play anymore. I like forum games such as the rpg I'm hoping to play here. It's just not that interesting anymore.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2011 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 8

Video game addiction does not get any worst than this:

international QUOTE
Man played on console as he held dying baby

The man accused of killing a five-month-old boy was found trying to play a PlayStation game as the baby was dying on his shoulder. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2011 - 12:57am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 8

The most important way to get rid of a game addiction is to have closure on it, it's similar to when a late relative of yours passes away, you need to give time away from it. There is a difference from liking the game to being addicted to the game. The main trait of being addicted is wanting to do nothing else except play the game all-day long instead of eating, sleeping, or normal human behaviors.

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,