Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 2 of 17

Any addiction IS A BAD THING ! anything - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st Nov, 2004 - 1:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       19.30%
  No       61.40%
  I am not sure       19.30%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 2

I think I'm going to die in front of a TV while playing a video game... That is how addicted I am. My current life is 25% computer, 10% cell phone, 15% Anime, and then 50% games. I have my GBASP with me umm...25/8, and I play my Gamecube on a daily basis.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 15th Jun, 2004 - 10:14pm / Post ID: #

Addiction Game Overcoming

Brother, you are the perfect example of addiction, I think you need a girl friend or some kind of out door hobby.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2004 - 1:57pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Well I can't always play games cause I have a computer time limit. I never play my Playstation either... >_><_< But Ide still say I'm addicted. Some games I'm so good at people don't ever want to play with me. >_<

20th Aug, 2004 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Addiction Game Overcoming

OK, I'll admit it I'm addicted. I can get so into a game that I lose track of time and my husband will talk to me and I won't even hear him. I have been known to yell at the game when I'm not doing well. I also dream about the games I play, now that's sad. I won't overspend on games though. I work hard for my money so I rent a game before buying, I need to be sure it's as good as the hype. For me it doesn't matter if it's a computer game or a console game I just love to play video games. I sometimes think I'm the only 48 year old woman who loves video games, but I don't care I will continue to play until the day I die. laugh.gif

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2004 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Addiction Game Overcoming

You know it's sad when you google for "overcoming game addiction"

When you know that you're addicted and a small part of you can see the hole that your life is falling into. It's funny how I can sometimes get into these kicks and play all night long, go to class, go to work, play all night long, skip meals. Thing is the things I play are never the newest or best, it's just stuff that I find myself good at.

Funny when you look at my life and everyone that knows me is that I'm not a failure most of the time, I've "had" good grades, do great at work, have all sorts of prospects to look forward to but I find myself sucked back into games every once in a while and it never seems to be able to let go until I do something drastic like scratch the CD or duct-tape the thing.

Everything will be good for about 5 months and then it starts all over again!

The next test I guess will be wether my pharamcy school interview will be totally screwed by my recent game playing. I'm sitting here trying to finish an assignment given out a month ago, due tomorrow....so sad.

My fiance is so understanding, but I think eventually I will wake up and grow up. I doubt it will continue forever....at least I hope. no offense but I don't think being addicted to games when you're in your 40's will be the best for me. I probably need to go somewhere with no internet and no working computers...I remember the days when I used to outside for a walk....I really need to do that again!

BLEH

Post Date: 10th Nov, 2004 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Some of the best moments of my life I spend in front of the computer, playing of course and I am not ashamed to admit it but game addiction is a problem that can not be overlooked... Is like any other addiction ( in my experience you can get read of it only if you HAVE to go somewhere out of reach of much needed technology or by intense treatment:))

Message Edited!
MrSmith: Suggestive word removed. Try reading the constructive messages thread.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Nov, 2004 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 2

Now, I'm addicted..I admit it but I don't think it's a bad thing. I'll continue to play them..in fact I think it helps brain development to a point, but I suppose that could be a whole nother topic.

Post Date: 21st Nov, 2004 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

Any addiction IS A BAD THING ! anything that you do not control will eventually bring some drawbacks into your life ( if you have one because I found out that is difficult to date if you are a game freek)

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,