Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13 of 13

If you want to give up video games then make - Page 13 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 22nd May, 2017 - 2:19am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 9 77 164 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  « First of 13 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 

?
Poll: Are you addicted to games to the point that you need help?
  Yes       20.51%
  No       61.54%
  I am not sure       17.95%
Total Votes: 39
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
There must be a point and time when you can put down the joystick and paddles and hit the off button, if not, you need help.
Overcoming Game Addiction Related Information to Overcoming Game Addiction
Post Date: 6th Mar, 2017 - 8:06am / Post ID: #

Diarmadhim
Overcoming Game Addiction
A Friend

Overcoming Game Addiction - Page 13

I agree. If you can accept it while also keeping it in check by not allowing it to take over you're life, I think it's fine. I had a buddy that lost his job and his friends because he became over-immersed in WoW. He would show up late/not at all to work because his guild was going on raids, or he'd be a no call no show for our PnP gaming night. That's too far. All he had to do was say he didn't want to get together anymore and we would have been fine. Repeatedly flaking out without a heads up when we know your guild sets that stuff up months in advance though is just a jerk move.
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 75
Avg: 1.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 31.1%
[+] Gain: 774.38 FP
Charm: 8

Addiction Game Overcoming

I believe that addiction is when you cannot function adequately without the games. I've definitely had games that I've spent all day thinking about, even when I'm not playing. That being said, I've never let it affect my sleep and eating cycles. When it gets to that point, the behavior becomes destructive. Games in and of themselves are not dangerous, but when you are no longer getting exercise and spending all hours on the couch, this is a problem. I've had acquaintances lose their jobs because they stopped going to work when a new game came out. THIS is addiction.

Post Date: 22nd May, 2017 - 2:19am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 107
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.6%
[+] Gain: 205.07 FP
Charm: 5

Overcoming Game Addiction Gaming Video & Issues Computer

If you want to give up video games then make sure you have an exciting replacement otherwise you'll be back to the video games again no matter how hard you try to stay away from it.

Guest please SHARE: "Overcoming Game Addiction" on:

+  « First of 13 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 
Sponsored Links:

OPTIONS FOR DISCUSSION: About, How, When, Where, Why of Overcoming Game Addiction
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
, please check your grammar before submitting. ?

Enable Smilies  Enable Signature

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Overcoming Game Addiction

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2017
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

Highlights

Ruler Of Kings 2 Text RPG General Discussion: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By KNtoran 5 Hours Ago
Directly Meeting With Aliens: In this Thread are other Threads that asks the question: "Where are the aliens?" By Abnninja 1.1 Day(s) Ago
The Media: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1.1 Day(s) Ago
Global Climate Change: Will the earth's climate change on her own or are we the ones sending it in a disastrous direction? By News 2.2 Days Ago
ISIS - ISIL: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 3.7 Days Ago
Al Franken: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
Melania Knauss-Trump: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 1 Week Ago
Ivanka Trump: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By News 30th Jun, 2017 - 3:58am
A Medieval Continue The Story RPG: What are your thoughts about this Topic? By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 6:22pm
Are People Born Gay Or Gay By Choice?: Is there a science behind why someone is / becomes homosexual? Is it neurological or biological? By Abnninja 6th Feb, 2017 - 5:57pm