Violence & Sex in Games - Page 21 of 23

Money always overrides principles, humanity - Page 21 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 13th Dec, 2016 - 5:57am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 

?
Poll: I think Violence and Sex in video games is...
  Terrible and should be removed       29.82%
  Okay once it is done in good taste       28.07%
  Fine, nothing wrong with it at all       42.11%
Total Votes: 57
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Discuss  Violence & Sex in Games Is all that violence and sex in video games really necessary to entertain?
Post Date: 12th Aug, 2016 - 1:18am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Violence & Sex in Games - Page 21

Are violent video games associated with more civic behaviors among youth?

Whether violent video games influence the behavior of youth has been a debate that has split the academic community for years. A new study investigates this issue in a sample of 304 children in the United Kingdom. Ref. Source 7y.

12th Dec, 2016 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Games Sex and Violence

I argue, that while such games can take things into excess and be distasteful for me, the issue lies in proper parenting.

If a parent does not take responsibility for the raising of their child, monitor what they do online or the games they play, and general restrict from them what the parents' don't what their child to view or play.

Having the government get involved I feel will only make things worse, not better.

Post Date: 12th Dec, 2016 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Name: Palto

Comments: This is probably the extreme view for some but sex is for the bedroom and violence during war, they do not need to be in a child's video game and let's face it - children do play these video games.

12th Dec, 2016 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 21 Games Sex and Violence

Well it matters how such is used, at least for games involving war or with a lot of violence. If it glorifies the violence, makes it seem exciting and without consequence, even badass that could lead to issues. Admittedly, this may feel like the majority of games with such but I do feel such could be handled correctly.

It doesn't help the US glorifies violence in general especially among males, and that it such is even expected among them.

Yet again, the only reason children play these games is normally because adults and parents allow their children to do such. Such games are not for children, and parents should not be allowing their kids to play them.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 13th Dec, 2016 - 1:54am

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Games Sex and Violence

I don't know the answer to this problem. The correct answer should be that the parents are supposed to monitor their children and not let them play these games. The issue is that there are many bad parents. They use video games etc as babysitters. They don't monitor their children and let them do what they will regarding issues like this. I don't want the government to regulate it but barring some parents becoming good parents suddenly I don't know what else to do. We say the parents should be good parents but in many cases that just isn't happening.

13th Dec, 2016 - 2:39am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games

The parents do play a big part but knowing that it WILL happen I think the gaming industry could do more to ensure only adults are using the games. How they go about doing that will be a tech issue that I am not familiar with but it could be the same as verification for adult sites like CC info or password.

Post Date: 13th Dec, 2016 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex in Games
A Friend

Violence & Sex Games - Page 21

Speaking as an avid gamer, any kind of identity verification and game locking measures are viewed as highly intrusive and detrimental by the vast majority of that customer base. Any and all companies that try to enforce age limits after the sale will lose a hell of a lot of money to players deciding the game isn't worth the hassle.

Trust me, I've witnessed VG companies nearly go under because they underestimated that factor.

13th Dec, 2016 - 5:57am / Post ID: #

Violence & Sex Games Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 21

Money always overrides principles, humanity and morale values and its no different for the video game industry so long as they make a cash killing.

+  « First of 23 pgs.  17 18 19 20 21 22 23 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Violence & Sex in Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,