Islam 101 - Page 2 of 13

I always thought there is a [b] BIG [b] difference - Page 2 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 29th Aug, 2003 - 6:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
28th Aug, 2003 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 2

That means that 100,000,000 people want to convert the world, starting with the US and Israel, to Islam - by force

Sounds like the revenge of old times with the crusaders that wanted to convert them to Christainty, by force.

Sponsored Links:
28th Aug, 2003 - 2:27pm / Post ID: #

Islam

So are you justifying revenge?

???

Islamists want to enforce Sharia law on the entire world.  This means:
- no religious liberty - for anyone.
- if someone converts from Islam to anything else, they receive an automatic death penalty, enforced immediately.
- no freedom of speech
- constant harassment of all religions other than Islam, including church burnings, beatings, murder, etc.
- genocide of all Jews

Do you think I am exagerating?  Look at Africa, especially the Sudan.  Christians there are murdered, wholesale, and their children are enslaved for life, into the worst type of slavery.  This is under the Islamists.

How about Egypt?  Coptic Christians have been there far longer than the Muslims.  Yet the Coptic churches have mostly been destroyed, and the Christians are forbidden to build any new ones.

Under Sharia law, no non-Muslim can bear witness against a Muslim, even to defend themselves against false accusations.

As far as I am concerned, Islamists are the modern equivalent of Gadianton Robbers.  And there are 100M of them, and increasing.

In other words, they are just as bad, if not worse, than the Crusades you referred to.

NightHawk

28th Aug, 2003 - 2:47pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Islam Studies

I personally understand the USA and other countries who are watching more closely to Muslims not only for what happened in Sept. 11th but because of all the cases around the world, example is my own country Argentina where two bombs at different years were exploted in two big jewish organizations (AMIA and the Israeli Embassy). Of course Al Qaeda has people in my country too so I know it came from them now what I am totally against is the craziness that it produces which is understandable but I don't justify it.
Do you all remember that American lady who report two muslims guys that were going to travel in a plane for the wedding of the brother of one of them and the lady thought they 'look' suspicious and call the authorities. Airport was closed, this poor people were arrested (???? for what?????) one of them lost his internership with a company...all because some silly lady thought they 'look' suspicious :smile.gif gimme a break! and you know what made me sick of all? after they found this people were innocent, the American Media and public called her 'Hero'!!! hero of what???????!!!!!!

28th Aug, 2003 - 4:44pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Islam

Do you all remember that American lady who report two muslims guys that were going to travel in a plane for the wedding of the brother of one of them and the lady thought they 'look' suspicious and call the authorities.

I don't remember all the details.

However, I agree, a lot of people have overreacted in many ways.  At the same time, it is imperative that law enforcement, antiterror, and intelligence agencies all look closely at Muslim organizations, etc.

I know that most Americans have gone out of their way to welcome and support Muslims.  We are an extremely tolerant people, and turn up the hospitality for those we think others are persecuting.

At the same time, a lot of us are very uncomfortable.  I live just a few miles from Dearborn, Michigan, which has the largest concentration of Muslims in the United States.  There is absolutely no doubt that there are anti-American, terrorist sympathizers in the Detroit area.  It is very worrisome.  So, what do we do about it?

NightHawk

29th Aug, 2003 - 12:50am / Post ID: #

Islam

At the same time, a lot of us are very uncomfortable.  I live just a few miles from Dearborn, Michigan, which has the largest concentration of Muslims in the United States.  There is absolutely no doubt that there are anti-American, terrorist sympathizers in the Detroit area.  It is very worrisome.  So, what do we do about it?

What do you all do now when there is a strong adversity against the USA worldwide?. What do you mean by there is not doubt they're anti-americans?. Can you give me some examples what you exactly mean?.

29th Aug, 2003 - 2:04am / Post ID: #

Islam 101

We know that there are people in Dearborn funnelling money to the terrorist cells, including Al Qaeda and Hamas.  Some of them have been stopped, not all have.  

Is there really strong adversity?  I don't know.  Millions and millions of people from every country would still like to emigrate to the US to take advantage of the (admitedly limited) liberty, economic opportunity, and general high standard of living.  Just look at the continual influx of illegal immigration.

Rush Limbaugh was involved in this very conversation today on his show.  Yes, the opinion-makers do hate the US.  But that is because we have the power, at the moment, and they envy us.  They envy our economic clout, even now when we are struggling.  They hate our religious liberty (especially the Muslim countries).  They hate the fact that so many of their people want to embrace so much of our culture, no matter what the quality of that culture.

NightHawk

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
29th Aug, 2003 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 2

Millions and millions of people from every country would still like to emigrate to the US to take advantage of the (admitedly limited) liberty, economic opportunity, and general high standard of living.  Just look at the continual influx of illegal immigration.

True, but I think they only want to emigrate to the USA for the economic opportunities, that's all. Yes, the illegal immigration there is crazy...

Rush Limbaugh was involved in this very conversation today on his show.  Yes, the opinion-makers do hate the US.  But that is because we have the power, at the moment, and they envy us.  They envy our economic clout, even now when we are struggling.  They hate our religious liberty (especially the Muslim countries).  They hate the fact that so many of their people want to embrace so much of our culture, no matter what the quality of that culture.

Well, I cannot talk for them but I can talk for myself. I don't have nothing against the USA. I love the great opportunities of study and working that your country provides, I love the junk food wink.gif and so many other great programs they have. I don't think just because an individual or country critizes the USA because of some decisions, it means they have envy. Can't they have critics after all?

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2003 - 6:28am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 2

I always thought there is a [b] BIG [b] difference between race and religion. Race, nothing I can do about it. I am borned into it. Either you take me as I am or .... so, why the 'racial profiling'?

Is it really Muslims or is ot Arabs that is taking the terrorists route? Before y'all talk about Indonesia and the Bali bombing .... those terrorists there had their studies and training in the Mid. East, and/or were inspired by those arab radicals.

In all races, and in all religions, there are extremists and radicals. Today, it happens that most of the violent activities were propagated by so-called 'Muslims' and in the name of Islam.

I would like to think that there is good in each and everyone but the choices they make in life will take them either towards good or away from it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (13) »

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,