Islam 101 - Page 11 of 13

While I had not previously heard that belief - Page 11 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 20th Jan, 2005 - 6:53pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2004 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Islam 101 - Page 11

He is not strong and powerful who throweth people down; but he is strong who witholdeth himself from anger
-- Muhammad

Do not say, that if the people do good to us, we will do good to them; and if the people oppress us, we will oppress them; but determine that if people do you good, you will do good to them; and if they oppress you, you will not oppress them
-- Muhammad

Sponsored Links:
30th Nov, 2004 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Islam

Being a christian, I have to say that Islam is a religion and personal belief of many. I believe that whatever religion and beliefs one chooses to live by there are certain ethics that are unanimous for what humans should be responsible for, and Islam recognizes them.

Being good to your fellow human. There is so much that goes with that sentence alone - so much that no one has to be taught, for each of us should know what its meaning is.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 11:51am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 Islam Studies

"all the terrorists ot the two last decades have been muslims"( NightHawk). I think it's easy to condamn every one that doesn't look like you. I agree concerning the 11th of september... but I would like someone to answer me on this topic: what do you think of people coming in a stranger country, invading it, killing people, make them leave their house using force, and who made the world believe that the place under discussion was a no man's land? What do you think of people whose the only religion is force? What do you think of people who don't break very regularly the international law( i wonder if that exists!)? what do you think of all the awful things i can quote because of their huge number? Let's have one justice for everyone, whatever you are! A Man is a Man! so a terrorist shouldn't be considered as a prime minister of an illegal state by the international community!

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 11 Islam

User Niceboy, this topic is not about terrorism but about the religion of Islam. The focus here IS NOT terrorism. Nighthawk merely pointed out that most terrorists come out of this religion, but it is not the focus here. The thread for that is in the International News Board called, 'Bin Laden, Friend or Foe'. Also, please read the constructive messages thread to ensure you are posting properly.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2004 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam

I think that islam it really is an misunderstood religion and to link some kind of behavior to the followers of any religion is at wrong as it comes. Islam is a strong religion(her followers are less converted to new belives the other) and this probably upset someone, but for me that is a virtue...
Anyhow I belive that is a duty of everybody to fight against prejudice that islam equals terrorism.

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101

grouptt: Islamically the only requirement to become a revert Muslim is a declaration of faith in Arabic..that there is only one God and Muhammad is his Prophet.

I use the term revert, like other Monothestic religions Islam believes humanity started from Adam and Eve. As Adam and Eve were Muslims all their descendants are Muslims, so as a result people who make the declaration of faith in Arabic are simply reverting to Islam.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Jan, 2005 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 11

I use the term revert, like other Monothestic religions Islam believes humanity started from Adam and Eve. As Adam and Eve were Muslims all their descendants are Muslims, so as a result people who make the declaration of faith in Arabic are simply reverting to Islam.

I don't think everyone would agree that Adam and Eve were Muslim. For Christians and Jews, I think, the belief is that Islam came from Abraham's son Ishmael, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Adam and Eve were Muslim. I believe Christians and Jews believe that Abraham, at least, was Jewish which would then refute the logic that since Ishmael was Islamic so, too, must have been Adam and Eve.

This is the first I have heard of this belief. I wasn't aware of this belief. I find that a very interesting thought/position. I am glad when I can learn something new about someone's religion rather than just the backbiting that sometimes goes on at times between differing religions.

Reconcile Edited: tenaheff on 12th Jan, 2005 - 10:26pm

20th Jan, 2005 - 6:53pm / Post ID: #

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 11

While I had not previously heard that belief specifically stated, I recognized it when I read it. Since Islam is the only true, valid religion, obviously Adam and Eve were Muslims. By this logic, Isaac and his descendants broke the faith, thus Judaism and Christianity are infidel religions.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,