Islam 101 - Page 12 of 13

Report: Muslims back Islamic law, disagree - Page 12 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 1st May, 2013 - 1:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 
Basic Beliefs Of Islam - Probably one of the most misunderstood religions in the world today largely due to the events of September 11th, but hopefully we can research the truth about Islam here. If you have ever wanted to ask question or were thinking about converting to Islam then ask within this Thread.
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2005 - 9:37am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 - Page 12

Since the laws of judaism where not instituted by God to Abraham, Abraham can have no assumed religion. The only thing that can be assumed is that Abraham did believe in a God, or gods (he did pray to elohim, which means gods but is translated in modern english falsely to God). Thus islam makes the same assumption that Abraham was of their faith also when indeed, Islam was not established yet either.

Terrorists that call themselves Muslims should not be allowed to call themselves such. Like the Bible, their is a very violent and bloody past to Islams history. The difference is that Muslims that approve of terror acts have not allowed their faith and religion to evolve past the point of spreading belief through force. The Jews did the same when they would destroy "evil" nations in the name of God. A great majority of Muslims do not agree with terrorism, but do not speak out. Speaking out against a brother or sister Muslim is frowned upon in the Muslim community. You would, necessarily, not here public out cry against Muslim terror groups by other Muslim groups. The Muslim community prefers to voice its problems inside the community and not in front of the world. This is opposite from our society which is willing to air our faiths dirty laundry in the open and in the media. This is evidence in the case of Jimmy Swaggart and the child molesting priest.

Being said, it is unfair for Muslims to expect us to know that. There is no way, in our culture, that we can justify the lack of public out cry. Our society is not nearly as tolerant as we would have others believe. We will judge others based on the few that we meet. Like myself, I happened to know two transplant arab Muslim families while I was growing up. When I went over their houses, I brought sweat pants to change into and took my shoes off in respect for there culture and customs. My parents are devout evangelicals and still allowed me to associate with them despite their very different religious views and it helped me accept and learn about other cultures.

To all those who are posting and Muslims. Please do not stop explaining Islam to us. Islam has a rich (thought violent) history and there is something we can learn from them as there is from every religion.

The plain and simple fact is, there are violent Muslim factions bent on the forceful spread of Islam. There are also peace loving Mulsims who believe that Allah approves of peace and harmony, and surely Mohammed taught this.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2005 - 3:16am / Post ID: #

Islam

Offtopic rants were moved to their own thread here: Is Islam Against Democracy?. The Architect wishes for me to emphasize: please do NOT bring up specific issues such as Iraq or terrorism here. This thread is to learn about Islam as a religion and not specific situations within the world carried out by terrorists or others that do not represent what Islam truly is about..

Post Date: 31st May, 2006 - 2:42am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101 Islam Studies

Nighthawk said:

How many olive-skinned, men, between the age of 18 and 35 have driven airplanes full of people into buildings full of people, or into the ground?  19.

That is a wrong conclusion, what that translates to is that you think that most Muslims or arabs are terrorist ( I think that there is about 1 billion muslims, I'm not exactly sure).

Unfortunatly I didnt have enough time to read all the thread but hopefully will do in the future and I will try to answer any questions, if I know the answers and stay on topic.

Thanks for reading smile.gif .

31st May, 2006 - 10:25pm / Post ID: #

Page 12 Islam

QUOTE (Moh @ 30-May 06, 10:42 PM)
That is a wrong conclusion, what that translates to is that you think that most Muslims or arabs are terrorist ( I think that there is about 1 billion muslims, I'm not exactly sure).

Not at all. My point was that most modern terrorists are Muslim, not that most Muslims are terrorists. So, why focus lots of attention on little old African American ladies in wheelchairs? Why make a 17 year old white Catholic girl go through a strip search in order to get on an airplane?

I apologize if I have been incorrect. The statistics that I have seen indicate that as much as 10% of the Muslims in the world believe in and support the Wahhabi doctrines. Am I incorrect in that? If so, what is the approximate percentage?

Consider what that percentage means. 10% of 1 billion is 100 million. That is 100,000,000 people who hate the US and the West in general. That is 100 million people who support the terrorist actions taken against the US, Spain, and England.

That is a lot to think about.

And I would love to be shown that I am wrong.

Post Date: 1st Jun, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam

The word Wahhabism come from a guy called Mohamed Abd Al Wahhab who was an imam who was trying to get muslims start living by the sharia (Islamic law) again after they started drifting away from it.

Some people misrepresented or misunderstood what he was trying to achieve just like Binladden for instance.

About those 10% of muslims who you say hate Americans or the west (again I'm not exactly sure about the numbers), I assume that they were harmed by them but thats not an execuse for commiting crimes, it is just an explanation that might help solving the situation.

Post Date: 24th Apr, 2007 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

Islam 101
A Friend

Islam 101

The arabic word "muslim". Muslim comes from the Triliteral root SLM which can mean "submit" or "peace". "Islam" is a derivative of that root which means "Submission". Hence the word "Muslim" (one who performs the action of submitting to the will of God) is not confined to modern day followers of the religion Islam but to anyone in history who bowed to the will of God.

Thus islam makes the same assumption that Abraham was of their faith also when indeed, Islam was not established yet either.

Fundamental misconception. As explained "Muslim" simply means one who submits. Hence this is an appropriate description of Abraham who did indeed submit to the will of God. It is also an appropriate term of Adam, Eve, Noah Moses, Mary, Jesus etc etc

By this logic, Isaac and his descendants broke the faith, thus Judaism and Christianity are infidel religions.

Faith has always essentially been the same established on day one which is submitting to the will of God (Arabic = Islam). The Law given unto Moses and the Gospel of Jesus both had the same goals of calling to the will of God. True followers of both religions are essentially "Muslims".

3:67 Abraham was not a Jew, nor yet a Christian; but he was an upright man who had surrendered (to Allah), and he was not of the idolaters.

Two words are used in this verse to describe Abraham "Haneef" (upright) and "Muslim" (One who submits or surrenders).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2011 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Islam 101 - Page 12

Name: Saeed

Comments: Islam is a religion of peace and it is understood clear and pure there is no space of extremism in Islam if any want to taste Islam so please come to join Islam and see the rest of life.

Post Date: 1st May, 2013 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Islam 101 Studies Islam - Page 12

Report: Muslims back Islamic law, disagree on meaning

There's no monolithic code of sharia, Islamic religious law, a new global study finds Ref. Source 2

+  « First of 13 pgs.  8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Islam 101

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,