Genealogy Research: How Far Back? - Page 6 of 7

My Mother's Mother (Confirmed) Pilgrims - Page 6 - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 4th Jul, 2016 - 5:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 
Some people have claimed to go back as far as Adam.
Post Date: 25th Sep, 2012 - 10:03pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research: How Far Back? - Page 6

Name: Shryl

Title: Bloodline

Comments: I have only found as far as Cassander of the Sicambri. How and where did you find the other information. Will you share?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2014 - 5:03pm / Post ID: #

Back How Research Genealogy

Name: Jennifer

Comments: I was adopted and it was only by share luck was I able to find out who my mother was but she didn't know the father's name even so I can only go about 3 generations on my mother's side and nothing on my father's.

Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2014 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research: How Far Back? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Name: Pioneer

Comments: I come from many generations of pioneers in the church hence my chosen nick for this site. I think in one line it goes as far back as the 1500s.

4th Jul, 2014 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Page 6 Back How Research Genealogy

I have a few lines going back to 1400 a. D. My fathers line I am still studying intently because it looks to me as I may be able to take it back to 400 a. D. On my mothers side she has 1 to and it is goes thru the Habsburg lines ,but on the new familysearch I have the misfortune of correcting everyone elses mistakes (Including my mothers ;D )and there are way to many of them ! (They seem to still want to use abr. An the lines-?ect. Not to men. The (UNKNOWN and DEAD) for the birth and death and the misuse of the info page for non important things like this is my 5 grand something. What really gets my is too for 1 file and many don't seem to use a full investigation on ancestors when they are guessing they could be looking in history books ,law and court journals and I have also found other sources which are helpful to bring personality to ancestors.

It took me 5 years to actually find my fathers side and all of a sudden this year I got an outpouring of people (My guess is they were being stubborn and finally gave in !)
My father is not LDS and somewhat unhelpful all I can do is send info in e-mail and hope it joggs his memory. Only my mother and I are members in my family other than all the distant New cousins I am finding on the New site. (I had no clue I had a bigger family that those whom I already knew).

25th Jan, 2015 - 12:39am / Post ID: #

Back How Research Genealogy

I haven't been able to go back very far on my father's side imply because I don't have good relations with that side of the family after he died, long story. On my mother's side I go back to my great grand dad.

28th Nov, 2015 - 1:05pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research: How Far Back?

I can go back five generations on my mother's side starting in Lithuania, and eight generations on my father's, starting in Poland. Sadly the share close to the same amount of time due to my father's side tending to have a fairly shorter life span.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th Jan, 2016 - 5:36pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research How Back - Page 6

Name: Martin

Comments: I can't seem to get very far even by legal means because of circumstances surrounding my being brought into this country as a child refugee. Maybe one day I can do a DNA test and see if I can trace at least an origin.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2016 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

Genealogy Research: How Far Back?
A Friend

Genealogy Research How Back Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews - Page 6

My Mother's Mother (Confirmed) Pilgrims on the Mayflower.

Mother's Father Scandinavia/England 1600's

Father's Father several generations in the US, immigration records still being reviewed to determine country of origin for the family name. My father claims it was from Germany and I think it could have been Slavic in origin.

Father's Mother definitely Chinese although verifying countries and provinces of origin has been difficult. More work for sure that needs to be done.

+  « First of 7 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Genealogy Research: How Far Back?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,