What is the Meaning of Your Name?

What Meaning Name - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 23rd Nov, 2003 - 8:25pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
13th Jul, 2003 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

Do you know the history behind your Surname? In olden days a name like Smithson meant that the person was a son of a Smith, usually a blacksmith.

What is the origin of your name? You do not have to state your name, and maybe should not list any of your titles here, but you can tell us what you know about it.

As for me I have a whole site on my heritage: Borde Genealogy

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jul, 2003 - 9:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Name Your Meaning the What

Well, after finally getting a hold of my dad on the phone, I can now finally post in this thread.  lol  ;)  According to my dad, his name (my maiden name), has alternate spellings, but the name comes from England.  The my maiden name  means, 'Keepers of fern'.  It originated from a villiage named Brackin.  Which was a milling villiage.  My dad also says that two of our ancestors came over on the Mayflower to settle in the new world.  He told me much more, but I'll get to see what the family crest looks like and read more on the family history, at my family reunion this weekend.  But that's just the quick rundown on the meaning and origin of my maiden name.  :)

17th Jul, 2003 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

What is the Meaning of Your Name? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Msslm, that sounds like a background history for Medieval! laugh.gif. Have you ever thought about doing your genealogy? I have a site about mine: Borde Genealogy

Post Date: 17th Jul, 2003 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

@Jb I have often thought about doing my geneology.  Just never really had much time to check into it.  My dad's family just did a huge book on our family history to display and have people read through at our yearly family reunion.  

18th Jul, 2003 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

Sounds to me like you have a big headstart already, you should take advantage of it, especially while your parents are alive and able to give you info.

8th Nov, 2003 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

It means "Field of Marching Hares."  That's pretty bizarre. smile.gif  And we use one of the several English/Dutch spellings of a French name.

Roz

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Nov, 2003 - 9:19am / Post ID: #

What the Meaning Your Name

Well everybody sit down and hold to your desk tightly wink.gif and bound your heads because you're in the presence of Royalty *chuckles*

Oh please... :smile.gif but truly...

You are my royal princess any day  :-*

Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2003 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

What the Meaning Your Name Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Ekhm... My surname means, in English, something like 'owner of the keep' [really poor translation, mind you]

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: What is the Meaning of Your Name?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,