Love in Another Language?

Love Language - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Is it possible to find true love if you do not even know what the person is saying?
21st Jul, 2003 - 2:46pm / Post ID: #

spock.gif I have met couples that were married who spoke different languages. They were wrapped up in 'love' for each other, but they could hardly understand what each other was saying. It seemed kind of funny because they used hand, eyes and body expressions to point out what they were trying to say.

Do you think something like that could work? Of course strain set in and one partner had to learn the other's language eventually to make up for the lack of communication. We sometimes get requests to translate 'love' letters for people in other languages and I am thinking, 'wow' can you you love this person and not even know what they write? What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links:
22nd Jul, 2003 - 1:04am / Post ID: #

Language in Love

This is a tough one to answer wink.gif if at least the two of them can speak to each other and understand each other, I dont see a problem with it. Language is not a barrier when you're truly in love wink.gif

22nd Jul, 2003 - 9:52am / Post ID: #

Love in Another Language? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

Language is not a barrier when you're truly in love  

That is my point... how can it be 'love' if you do not fully understand what the person is trying to say? Couples get angry over simple things like who is taking out the garbage, here you have a couple that does not even know how the other says, 'I want to go to the toilet' in their own langauge. It seems that the first interest may be physical beauty and infatuation rather than love. If that infatuation can last long enough that they can learn each other's language and see if they are compatible then it may turn into love.

Post Date: 8th Sep, 2003 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Language in Love

Tough one.  How can you speak to each other if the language spoken is diffrent.  I wonder how one matches up with that kinda commitment to each other.  They have to really, really LOVE each other.  I can't see how that should work.  eventually u will need to learn one comon language to speak  to one another.

8th Sep, 2003 - 5:58pm / Post ID: #

Language in Love

They have to really, really LOVE each other.

That is just it, how can you 'really' love each other? There are things in a relationship that must be communicated without using sign language.

Post Date: 12th Sep, 2003 - 7:18am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that language isn't the biggest problem. Eventually people learn foreighn languages, more imprtant is differnecres in culture. Like they watched different movies, read different books and so on. I think to learn somebody's else culture will take much more time then just learn language. It doesn't mean though that people can't be happy in such marriage, just it will take some more time and efforts to ajust to these differences. It is the same thing when people are raised in different societies or different religion, they can even speak one language but if they have different valuse it won't help them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
15th Sep, 2003 - 4:27am / Post ID: #

Love in Language

this is a tough question. I think one of the basis of love IS understanding....which in turn..includes languages...right?..lol

on the other hand, you can love someone because of the way they treat others. By observing a person's mannerisms, you can tell if he/she is a caring and loving person WITHOUT understanding their language. A person's love for others could make someone fall in love with them...and vice versa.

As the saying goes...actions are greater than words
so i guess in a way...you dont need words to know that you love someone smile.gif

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2003 - 3:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Love in Language Culture Family Travel & Consumer Reviews

Tough question....i know that when i'm in love i start speaking like this...

"blearg, bloog  *drool* uuuuhhh i wub you"

that could be considered a different language of course my jaw would be dropped and eyes wide open because she will be super hot and suer cool and fun to hang out with.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Love in Another Language?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,