Death Penalty In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 4 of 4

Name: George Title: The Death penalty Comments: - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 27th Apr, 2017 - 11:06pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Hangings In Trinidad & Tobago - Death Row
Post Date: 25th Mar, 2017 - 8:22pm / Post ID: #

Death Penalty In Trinidad & Tobago - Page 4

Name: George

Title: The Promise to restore thedeath penalty

Comments: Despite the promise from the Prime Minister and politicians of this government to restore the death penalty, it looks like we may have to wait months perhaps even a year or two before anyone faces the gallows here. What is somewhat confusing is that the reference made by Mr Moonilal of the PNM lack of support when the UNC wanted to restore the death penalty a few years ago. Why was it necessary to have the support of the opposition then and not now?. If the death penalty cannot be reinstated without the obvious the support of the opposition how is it now possible for the Prime Minister to assure the public that the death penalty will be restored when there are presently no signs that the UNC has agreed to support the Prime Minister's promise?. There are no assurances verbally given that the UNC will ever support this PNM move, bearing in mind what happened when the UNC tried to re-instate the death penalty. Smells a bit fishy to me. This is not I hope, just another ploy to just calm the anxiety and fears of our ordinary citizen? I won't put it past our politicians here knowing how they use tit for tat in our internal politics.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Apr, 2017 - 11:06pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Penalty Death

Name: George

Title: The Death penalty

Comments: I wish to draw the attention to the Prime Minister, other politicians, and those non- supporters of the death penalty, that in America they are still executing murderers. At least three have been recently executed there. This is despite all the quibbles about the abolishing the death penalty. So there you are, you can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. I say it is about time we reinstate they death penalty here. I say hang em now. What are the politicians here waiting on?. More murders,or perhaps the approval of the Privy council?. In that case they certainly will have more killings here, but with regards the Privy Council's approval, is it unlikely to happen, and if by chance they ever give their approval, we will have to wait years for confirmation. Bearing this in mind, in my opinion the government should now embark on building new prisons to house the amount of new killers, while we wait for the Privy council' decision.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Death Penalty In Trinidad & Tobago

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,